In detention right now about to be deported

Since the OP is now legally in Laos and has no marks from Swampy even indicating he was there- I would simply go to Nong Khai border with the required cash in hand and enter Thailand as if his experience at Swampy never happened.  My feeling is even if questioned- immediately show the  money and they should stamp him in. The worst thing that can happen is denial of entry.  If that would happen- he can then try a Cambodian border point.

It is a sad commentary that the other person being detained was not allowed an appeal.  This does not sound legal and it appears the only recourse on the legal side would be to file a lawsuit with the Administrative Court- however, that would cost time and lots of money. The system is really stacked against a person in these circumstances- best to avoid them by always having a visa and the money. That will help the odds of being allowed in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, perthperson said:

This is difficult to believe.

Are you really expecting people to accept that you were denied entry, detained in a "cockroach infested" ( your words)  room and then freed, unconditionally, without a  'refused entry' stamp in your passport and without having to sign any documents.? 

Mmmmmm  

I believe it.

Because I believe the IO was just showing off his power.

The IO did not have Thailands best interest (and laws) in mind.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tsm12345 said:

- they didn't let me fly back to Germany despite me offering to book the ticket online and also being able to go to an ATM and withdraw the neccessary cash

- I only had 7.5k baht on me and they used all of that for the night in detention and for the flight back to Laos.

5555 did you get a receipt for the "night in detention fee"? If you had booked online how would he/she have gotten a commission?

TIT man...

7 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Can the German Embassy help?

Embassies don't hand out immunity. They sufficient reason to deny entry. Serial tourist visa abuser then cries foul. I do see the irony that the person is denied entry having sorted himself out with a legit long term visa. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I believe it.

I believe it as well...no one would make up a detailed story like this and waste time pushing buttons on their phone for bizarre amusement!

• Like 1

I completely believe the OP- if he did not sign anything and there is no stamp in his Passport- it is as if it never happened. It appears the IO is covering his tracks a bit- if a complaint issued by the OP- there is no record it ever happened. 

The whole issue leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Even though I and others have valid extensions- I take no comfort in the way these things are handled. Thailand just does not feel the same to me as it once did.  there are other, more humane ways for Immigration to handle suspicions or check out people.  Unfortunately, complaining to one's own  embassy does nothing- and if you are from the US- American Immigration is much worse than Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Tsm12345 said:

Guys I just saw this in my passport. Skipped it earlier or thought it was from my Laos canceled visa. Can someone tell me what it means? 

20170714_142350.jpg

The stamp says that you were denied entry to Thailand because you don't have a sufficient amount of money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thaidream said:

I completely believe the OP- if he did not sign anything and there is no stamp in his Passport- it is as if it never happened. It appears the IO is covering his tracks a bit- if a complaint issued by the OP- there is no record it ever happened. 

The whole issue leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Even though I and others have valid extensions- I take no comfort in the way these things are handled. Thailand just does not feel the same to me as it once did.  there are other, more humane ways for Immigration to handle suspicions or check out people.  Unfortunately, complaining to one's own  embassy does nothing- and if you are from the US- American Immigration is much worse than Thailand.

There is a stamp.

I don't know the meaning though.

So many posters quoting the laws and regulations here and the need for this and that. In my view it is quite possible it is about the person and immigrations assessment of him/her. Attitude, body language can tell an experienced immigration officer a lot about a person and if you think the guy at the desk is the first person to have assessed you then you need to look around a lot more at the airport....see all those people standing around apparently doing nothing as you travel from arrivals? Well they aren't!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaidream said:

Right! It leaves a bad taste as it represents a bigger issue that's lurking. And it's happening in the UK and US as well just now. Divergent procedures, random refusals of entry on shaky grounds, poor recourse to any way of overturning things (v expensive and slow) and lastly, general xenophobia about foreigners which is what it's all about IMHO.

• Like 1

The paranoid talk of targeting farangs etc. is just that. Thousands of farangs arrive in Thailand every day, most I would bet without 20k in their pocket and enter with no hassle whatsoever. By the same token 99% are genuine tourists - by my standard of what a tourist is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I believe it.

Surprisingly the truth slowly begins to emerge !  Take a glance at the refusal of entry stamp that has suddenly appeared. 

2 minutes ago, Tsm12345 said:

Okay. That's good right? So I should be able to go to landborder with 20k?

The reason why you was denied entry, was due to not enough funds.

You should try to go to the land border, and bring 20k+ funds. I think they will let you in, as you now meet their requirement.

(Worst case - back to Laos again).

Please report how it goes, if you try :)

4 minutes ago, Tsm12345 said:

Make sure that you're well dressed and behaved. In the end, it's up to the IO.

They could deny entry to LOS for whatever reason.  Best of luck. 

15 minutes ago, Tsm12345 said:

Guys I just saw this in my passport. Skipped it earlier or thought it was from my Laos canceled visa. Can someone tell me what it means? 

20170714_142350.jpg

No means of support. They believe you were coming to work.

9 minutes ago, Tsm12345 said:

The stamp says they believe you were entering the country to work. So it will be interesting to see how that plays out at the border.

14 minutes ago, Tsm12345 said:

Immigration Act, B.E. 2522

Section 12, paragraph 9

Having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under him.

Thanks a lot poorsucker. Guy please stop confusing and making up statements.

Section 12, paragraph 9

Having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under him.

This should be fine. If I show them a bank account with 5 figures in € and 20k baht there should be no way they decline me right?.

Just now, oldhippy said:

If that was what they thought - no means of support - they would have let him take out money from an ATM.

The main stamp says no means of support. The vertical stamp on the right says that they believe is coming to work.

From other reports, they don't allow anyone to go the ATM. 

• Like 2