‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's more like his demographic. Thai kids, presumably mostly girls. He's a boy band type phenom. Short shelf life. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Seriously, can you imagine a pasty white 40 year old doing the same type videos?

Boy Band type maybe, but i personally would put him in with the other scrote Justin Bieber!

My kids, 11 and 12, love him ... what he makes is funny for them and he's harmless.

All these negative comments about how childish his actions are etc., I also rarely roll over the floor laughing from his stunts, are irrelevant as I can guarantee you (incl. myself) that we're not his target audience.

3M followers one doesn't get if one doesn't have the talent to address his target group. Probably a good earner for him, well deserved.

7 hours ago, jenifer d said:

no that's 3,000,000 subscribers, many more than that have visited and/or watched his videos,

moronic or not; many who visit a youtube channel will NOT subscribe

You can expect around a 10-15% unsubscribe amount if you are doing things right in Youtube as well. But yeah, a goo majority of a channels views come from search, Youtube is a search engine after all and that is where a large majority of views are generated 

49 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

an educationally sub-normal moron would seem to be a rather inadequate description of this narcissistic muppet ....... but 3 million subscribers to his YouTube page, now that really is cause for great alarm  ✌️✌️ ?? 

Well, bless him , he's had over 6500 views on TVF and over 200 replies. Must be doing something right.

On 14/07/2017 at 8:28 AM, Tilacme said:

was criticized Friday by the state railway authority

in uk they would need to show intent to do harm to be criminal, will be interesting to see what the thai view is

UK law...

"Restrictions on melting or breaking of metal coins..

(1)No person shall, except under the authority of a licence granted by the Treasury, melt down or break up any metal coin which is for the time being current in the United Kingdom or which, having been current there, has at any time after 16th May 1969 ceased to be so. 

(2)Any person who contravenes subsection (1) of this section shall be liable— 

(a)on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding £400; 

(b)on conviction on indictment, to a fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both. 

Section 10 of the Coinage Act 1971

I think an offence that can lead to a two year conviction would be deemed as criminal.

18 hours ago, ben2talk said:

If he's using Thai coins, then he is lucky not to be arrested for deliberately destroying the image on the coin. He's not that stupid - he used foreign coins. The reaction that it's dangerous is rather ridiculous.. though if you search you'll find that in America there are kids aged about 8 or 9 doing this

I heard a story about someone who reacted, when a 500 baht note blew away, by chasing it down and stamping on it to stop it blowing any further. They got into a whole load of trouble for putting their foot on the head...

We had tracks running through the woods on our property as kids. Can't count the number of pennies we flattened. Not one fell off, shot off, or derailed a train.

I think an offence that can lead to a two year conviction would be deemed as criminal.

An excellent job you have done and they're bringing up a very mature and serious point.

Unfortunately, as I have already said before this 34 in, Nate is not a stupid little boy. He knows what he's doing, he is also more intelligent than you.

Before you attempt to criticize him, you should actually observe the video in question. You may notice that he uses foreign coin's, queens being from countries which he is not targeting with the videos.

No Thai coins were damaged. It is a pity that people feel they are qualified to judge and condemn, without having any knowledge of what is actually going on!

Sadly, I see this most frequently amongst the 'oh so clever and superior' Westerners of Thaivisa forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, dcnx said:

We had tracks running through the woods on our property as kids. Can't count the number of pennies we flattened. Not one fell off, shot off, or derailed a train.

If Thailand is anything to go by trains can be derailed by not believing in spirits, cows and more obviously by heavy rain.

I did the same stuff in Barking at the crossing. Flatten one, drill a hole and hang it from the push bike.

Those were the days

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 3:33 PM, RawboneFunksta said:

He's an opinionated, entitled <deleted> who imagines himself a superstar with talent because he has followers on youtube and speaks Thai.

Silly boy.

You do realise that people can make serious money with YouTube channels? Especially if they have 3 million subscribers....

24 minutes ago, Basil B said:

UK law...

I am sorry but I am not going to discuss the rights or wrongs of flattening a sovereign coin, get back to me if you can show any high profile UK cases where the CPS has got involved. My comments are based upon what the law might be in respect of causing physical harm in this situation.

23 hours ago, halloween said:

Hate to pop your bubble, but while not an offence, it is considered very bad form.

OTOH I did witness a drunker genius sitting in a bar amusing himself by burning the eyes out of the kings image on B20 notes. Presumably the bar staff rang them, because the BIB appeared and he was led away in handcuffs. Reportedly deported.

Hate to pop your bubble, but while not an offence, it is considered very bad form.

No eye deer what you are talking about Mr Form Police.

I can't believe he is getting this much press and attention, especially on this website.

Who cares. Not a big deal, live and let live. The guy is just finding his way in life.

Ignore the dufus.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:15 AM, Basil B said:

I think it could include any coin that bears an image of any royal, Thai or or other...

Stupid, I think of Loy Krathong  when kids will swim after the offerings to get the coins, the thought of a young child watching this idiot lay coins on the track and then tries to get them before the train rolls over them is too horrible to think about.

Did you read the article?  They are trying to get them before the train runs over them they are waiting for the train to flatten the coin.  Also the laws only apply to the Thai monarchy, Thailand dont care about other countries. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:54 AM, Orac said:

If they were Thai coins he had better get skates on before someone reports him under 112.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I was just about to say that Orac...  As we know.. Royal family on most.. if not all Thai money coins..  Then again, the idiot might be flatting Olympic coins...   Do have a super day folks.. 

On 7/14/2017 at 10:05 PM, gandalf12 said:

This idiot needs a long time in jail. Doesn't he realise a train goung over coins on the track could derail it? There again he is American and a bloody moron.

http://www.snopes.com/science/train.asp

https://www.scienceabc.com/pure-sciences/can-a-coin-placed-on-the-tracks-derail-a-train.html

17 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

He will be lurking on here without a doubt. To scared to come forward and try to explain himself to his countrymen or other people on here. Little word in your shell like. Grow up stop trying to impress little boys and girls in Thailand. Its not working my 14 year old thinks your a knob head. Someone him and his peers look at and think falang go home.

3 million people enjoy his videos and he makes a load of money from them.

I'm sure he doesn't care what a bunch of grumpy old men who don't understand the value of viral social media think, or what your 14 year old thinks either.

I post reviews of what I eat.  I ate a cheese burger the other day and so far I've made US$75 (2500 THB) for posting 4 photos and a 300 word review online.

Perhaps instead of saying he's an idiot you should learn (or get your 14 year old to) how to make money like that yourself.

5 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm sure he doesn't care what a bunch of grumpy old men who don't understand the value of viral social media think, or what your 14 year old thinks either.

I post reviews of what I eat.  I ate a cheese burger the other day and so far I've made US$75 (2500 THB) for posting 4 photos and a 300 word review online.

Perhaps instead of saying he's an idiot you should learn (or get your 14 year old to) how to make money like that yourself.

Stop defending the tosser. What a very sad life you lead if you have to post about what you eat. Get a life springs to mind.

If you read my post correctly it says and his peers. Knob heads target group.

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

I’m sure you are right to say that he earns a lot of money online, and if that is the sole criteria used for making any judgment about him, it is difficult to argue your point. 

However, it is a matter of opinion as to whether or not anyone is justified in what they do, or denied knob-had status, just because they earn a lot of money by their actions; people like Sir Phillip Green, Bob Geldolf and Mike Ashley lead me to conclude that it is not a very reliable criteria ….. but as I say, it is very much a matter of opinion, and consequently subjective. Keep posting about the burgers, sounds a lot more satisfying than taping coins to a railway track

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

Could it be! I wonder! Do we have the KH in our midst? Far to quick to defend him and post links to rubish others claims. I wonder if mr food eating poster, is indeed mr KH.

Edited by jeab1980