non-imm O Single entry - needing entry permit

Hi Guys,

I applied for a multi-entry non-imm o visa but when collecting I have been given a single entry. I arrive 15th August on this visa but then 25th August need to leave for 2 weeks to the UK, then return back to Thailand. Can I convert to multi-entry in Bangkok on arrival or get a re-entry permit? Whats the procedure?

Much appreciated advice needed!

Married in Sri-Lanka with a Sri-Lankan marriage licence - Married 17 years to a Thai National. We have land, cash in the bank, house etc built up over 18 years... Just need to get settled now!!

Jason

If you received a Non-O 90-day visa based on marriage, you can get a single re-entry permit for 1000 Baht.  That would allow you to leave and return before the 90-days of the visa is finished and stay until that original 90-days is up.   You do not get 'credit' for days out of the country, so the "admitted until" date in your passport now, will be the same date you get when you return.

Alternatively, you could apply for a 1-year marriage extension at you local immigration office in Thailand before you leave - provided you meet the qualifications for this.  But, as there is a 30-day 'review' period on those, this may not work.  Generally, you receive only a 30-day permitted-stay stamp when you first apply for a 1-year extension based on marriage.  At the end of that period, you return to immigration and get a stamp for the remainder of the year.  In theory, you could buy a re-entry permit for that 30-days, then leave and return within that 30-days - but if a home-visit occurs while you are gone, I do not know what the result would be.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

Hi Jason my situation was near the same as yours. I applied in HK for a multi Non-O reason married Thai but was given only single. I enquire with the consulate officer that I need to go work after 2 months with my family but she said no multi because I'm visit my Thai family and that I can extend for 1 year in Thailand. So for this single I can stay for 3 months and when I go work it's finished unless extended. So my understanding is either you stay until end of single entry and extend it for a year or go out Thailand and get a multi somewhere they issue but if you back to your home country they still issue you with single like me HK. Try other country if want to get multi but not your home country. I know that for multi you can go and come many times valid for a year which I want also in my case due to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Any reason why he cannot get a re-entry permit, leave, come back and then immediately apply for extension of stay?

None at all, which is why I suggested he should get a re-entry permit. After that he can continue with his plans/schedule.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Any reason why he cannot get a re-entry permit, leave, come back and then immediately apply for extension of stay?

Going by what he wrote in the OP he entering on the 15th of August which means he would get a 90 day entry valid until November 12th. Then  he could get a single re-entry permit before leaving on the 25th of August for two weeks meaning he would be back by the on around the 8th of September. 

With that schedule he would have until the 12th of November to apply for the extension so no big rush to apply for the extension.

• Like 2

You can obtain a re-entry permit (1000 Bht) from your local immigration office or either of the Bangkok airports on departure.

When you return you can apply for a 12 month extension of stay based on marriage (you may have to have your marriage certificate certified and translated if not in English)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jasonchapman1 said:

Although I have the none-o in my passport, could I ask to enter on a tourist visa and save my none-o entry for my return?

Just get a single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht to keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid when you return from your trip.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jasonchapman1 said:

Has anyone applied for a re-entry permit? What do I need can't see details anywhere on the consular website..?

Just 1 photo and the form, which yo can get at Imm Office. It is quite simple and done on the spot.

• Like 1

Just now, jasonchapman1 said:

Has anyone applied for a re-entry permit? What do I need can't see details anywhere on the consular website..?

You apply for the re-entry permit at a immigration office here. You can aso apply for it either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

You complete a TM8 application form and attach copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card to it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, perthperson said:

You can obtain a re-entry permit (1000 Bht) from your local immigration office or either of the Bangkok airports on departure.

When you return you can apply for a 12 month extension of stay based on marriage (you may have to have your marriage certificate certified and translated if not in English)  

Believe he will also have to record the foreign marriage in Thailand at district office (if not already done) - but that is down the pike - for now a re-entry permit will take care of his travel and return.

32 minutes ago, jasonchapman1 said:

Please see: http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/re-entry-permit-thailand.php

Forms here: http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

tm8 (1).doc

16 minutes ago, Mianoinadme said:

That is not a official website and does not have up to date info on it.

For example the office mentioned here closed many years ago.

Re-entry permits can be applied for in person or by an agent at Thai Immigration, Soi Suan Phlu, Sathorn Tai, Bangkok. If an agent is used a letter of attorney is required.

Not sure where you found that link for theimmigration website. It has not been updated for years.

Newest one is https://www.immigration.go.th/index

Latest TM8 form: https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486547955788.pdf