Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

webfact

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, USPatriot said:

YouTube's do not get paid when someone clicks on a video, they have to click on an ad or get paid through prouduct endorsements.

Please don't spread misinformation. There are different kinds of ads you can add to your Youtube videos, several of which pay as long as the viewer watches them, even if they don't click on them.

When I watch a film or a TV series , especially those of a controversial or dramatic nature , I dont hiss at the actors as if they were pantomime villains. Furthermore I dont see their performances as an extension of their real life personas. I actually , and this may be bizzare to some , conclude that they are playing to the audience , I assume for financial gain.

Reading this thread has made me realise I have been in error as clearly mine was a minority thought process.

Edited by joecoolfrog

• 12 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:
    • When I watch a film or a TV series , especially those of a controversial or dramatic nature , I dont hiss at the actors as if they were pantomime villains. Furthermore I dont see their performances as an extension of their real life personas. I actually , and this may be bizzare to some , conclude that they are playing to the audience , I assume for financial gain.
    • Reading this thread has made me realise I have been in error as clearly mine was a minority thought process.

This kid is no actor, more of a confidence trickster like another idiot Russel Brand.

I admire his Thai cultural and language skills, he has to be commended on his talent for tapping the Thai desire to relate to foreigners who have the same, sorry to say, white trash interests and values and make loads of money. To quote the late great soul singer James Brown I couldn't "stand myself" and do the same.

But therein lies the problem, innit? You are not supposed to be able to relate to anyone here in Tieland and get popular. You are s'posed tuh be like uh fockin eedjit and either leave quickly or leave quickly and maybe come back later or leave and send all your money to Noi in Udon and shet the <deleted> up, not post wildly popular videos that may or may not be taken the piss.

7 hours ago, farcanell said:

A lot of hate for Nate today.

i thought I saw a reply by Nate saying he was "testing" how various countries coins fared on the rail.... which would suggest a Thai coin was used

regardless, defacing any currency is a crime, but usually only in the country of origin, I think.... although some places would say any legal tender within the country

a lot of this goes back to penny clipping and coin shaving, were the value is reduced by removing the actual weight of gold or silver etc, and was even seen as treason and punishable by death.

Now... back to hating Nate... Im not suggesting death for nefarious Nate, but do believe that if he has commited a crime, then he should be charged and fined etc according with the law

that said, I also believe that he should be ordered by the court to make one last utube vid, telling his subscribers not to do dumb sh.., prior to being banned from making more dumb arsed videos, which may lead to someone else emulating him and getting hurt.

Then... move on.... there are far worse things happening daily that need prioritizing over numbnut nates antics.

He makes these contriversial vids so peolple will clik on them and he gets paid for so many cliks. Probably how  he gets money to stay in Thailand .  Like to know what kind of visa he's staying here on.

5 minutes ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

I admire his Thai cultural and language skills, he has to be commended on his talent for tapping the Thai desire to relate to foreigners who have the same, sorry to say, white trash interests and values and make loads of money. To quote the late great soul singer James Brown I couldn't "stand myself" and do the same.

But therein lies the problem, innit? You are not supposed to be able to relate to anyone here in Tieland and get popular. You are s'posed tuh be like uh fockin eedjit and either leave quickly or leave quickly and maybe come back later or leave and send all your money to Noi in Udon and shet the <deleted> up, not post wildly popular videos that may or may not be taken the piss.

innit, like...

Put your toys away it's time for bed.

13 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

What he did do was destroy the Kings Head on the coins. It is illegal to mess with Thai money by tearing it, or burning it or stepping on it as this is a direct assault against the Thai royalty.  If they want to kick him out of put him in jail, then that is where they need to start. 

Wasn't Thai currency 

8 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Who cares, put the idiot in jail...

What lock him up for life or any amount of time for putting a coin on a railway track? Hahahaha righto mate off to bed 

Edited by starky

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now that would be one hot viral youtube video. 

especially if it was done like most of his most popular videos .....in slow motion.

49 minutes ago, roo860 said:

He's already appeared in front of Railway Authorities, and immigration are investigating.

Apparently he is going on a 4 week holiday around the world with his 20y.o. fiancée next month ...... he might find he is not allowed back even if nothing else transpires.

1 hour ago, starky said:

What lock him up for life or any amount of time for putting a coin on a railway track? Hahahaha righto mate off to bed 

HYPOTHESIS

A poor kid sees the jerk smeering his coins on a track, ......

after the show the kid runs on the track to search for any coins left and gets killed by a train....

what will you tell the kids parents?   That is was all a "misunderstanding??????"

18 hours ago, JAG said:

Absolutely! How about a petition to make wearing a baseball cap when over the age of 18 a criminal offence, and wearing one back to front a capital offence!!
:)

....with the exception of those of us that have a bald spot that we don't want sunburned. 

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Ha ha, I bet it would get a few natizens up in arms...

Thais should chuck him in jail, everyone will have forgotten about him in a week...

NEXT!

It is  spelled "netizens" like in " internet" ?

13 hours ago, Deli said:

None of these ol' guys complaining here never ever put coins on a track when young ?

I did, so what ?

You have the nerve and audacity to defend this criminal but why would one be surprised when the saying birds of one feather flock together quite aptly applies to people with ill intentions.

This person should be deported. If you come to Asia, behave appropriately and in a manner befitting that of a guest with manners. 

Edited by mvdf

One way the gov't handles cases like this is to wait until he leaves the country then blacklist him for re-entry. No arrest or trial, minimal publicity, no legal standing for the accused, and no explanation required.  And once you are out, it's nearly impossible to get back in. Personally, though, I think it's better to articulate the charges and use the justice system.

UPDATE:

Nate apologises for railway-track coin prank and may face charges

By THE NATION

8f4c05f52a0e00673179c2dcf3e3ab34.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- YOUTUBE PRANKSTER Nate Bartling, better known on Facebook as My Mate Nate, yesterday apologised to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) over his video clip in which he placed several coins on a railway track to test their strength.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/992949-nate-apologises-for-railway-track-coin-prank-and-may-face-charges/