webfact

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

‘My Mate Nate’ charged with railway obstruction

k1.jpg

BANGKOK — A controversial American YouTuber who was slammed for flattening coins on train tracks was charged Monday with railway obstruction and trespassing.

The charges for minor misdemeanors against Nate Bartling, or “My Mate Nate” – for a video in which he is seen trying to flatten coins by taping them to train tracks – were revealed Monday at the State Railway of Thailand, where he held a press conference together with police and railway officials to apologize.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/07/17/mate-nate-charged-railway-obstruction-photos/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-17

I see that the boy got himself all cleaned up! it is amazing what a police summons will do in thailand! still a jerk who should be deported back to his cess pool!

Hi everyone yes I agree this stupid immature American idiot is a disgusting example of foreigners and a disgrace to his country ! he is irresponsible and dangerous with no respect for the Thai culture either even though he has dominated the language ! this doesn't give him the rite to brake the law here or set a bad example for the rest of us who live here and abide by the rules of this kingdom and respect the Thai culture and its people.He must be made to pay for what he has done and forfeit any money made on You tube for his dangerous antics the formally charged and put into prison awaiting deportation and put on a black list as undesirable then thrown out of the kingdom for good in my opinion for what its worth ! what do you guys think about my opinion ? fair or what ? have a nice day to all. 

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

HYPOTHESIS

A poor kid sees the jerk smeering his coins on a track, ......

after the show the kid runs on the track to search for any coins left and gets killed by a train....

what will you tell the kids parents?   That is was all a "misunderstanding??????"

Hypothesis.. Im not promoting him I think he is an idiot..your drawing a very long hypothetical bow about kids running on train tracks looking for change...I won't be telling their parents anything how am I anyway responsible for what this clown does? All your hypothesis are at best unlikely at worst ridiculous.  I just think prisons are overcrowded enough without sending this bloke away for trespassing unless you can point out to me some felony he deserves to be locked up for. Are you one of these twits that thinks listening to heavy metal or rap makes kids want to kill themselves?

7 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

My post 254.. In two weeks kick him out and send him to -- Kho Tao ?

"My Mate Who?"

Mate I think he's an idiot but that doesn't justify a jail sentence IMO. If the Thais want to kick him out up to them I won't miss him. I think a few people might be getting a bit carried away with what to do with this clown but. I didn't see 17 pages of venom getting spit after the bloke that tortured that child with hot water the other day so lets get a bit of perspective eh?

He's doing things that youngsters here obviously love and he's onto a good earner, so hats off to him in that respects.  Yes he's a <deleted>###ng nauseating c##ck boy to most of the older generation here and tbh me.  It's not really his antics that get to me the most as that's just stupid things young boys do..it's just...why does he have to talk so bloody loud!   And that dumb look of his to boot....

19 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Well I think it's fairly common knowledge that he didn't use Thai coins so where does lese majeste come in to it?

Leste Majeste in Thailand applies not only to the Thai Royal family but all Royal families around the world 

Not many know that but its true but not enforced other than the thai royals 

VERY SMART KID by the way controversial gets free advertising for his channel and makes a FORTUNE from the advertising 

His stunts need to be thought through a little better though especially in this racist and backward country 

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Turns out the media was wrong in reporting on the television news last night, but it was the Queen of England on a coin that looked like a 10 baht.. So he is still in trouble.

With who, the Brits? 

I remember a story about someone being in Kenya when Kenyatta Senior was president for shooting holes in local coins.  He was charged with insulting the president or something like that.  If Nate was getting Thai coins run over, he should perhaps be charged with LM. 

I don't like him... but this case is ridiculous - the police and rail 'experts' even were able to count how many scratches the coins made.... on what probably is 10+ years old track!!! lol

Edited by 11223344

2 hours ago, 11223344 said:

I don't like him... but this case is ridiculous - the police and rail 'experts' even were able to count how many scratches the coins made.... on what probably is 10+ years old track!!! lol

The scratches will be new! But I agree  that the case is ridiculous!

The guy put a coin on the railway tracks and a case has been prepared against him. In the meantime high ranking criminals in the government are busy robbing the nation blind and nobody seems to care. 

Finally, Thailand has got it's priorities straight. 

9 hours ago, starky said:

With who, the Brits? 

From 2 or 3 previous posts:-

" Lese majeste law section 133. Insult against the Head of State of foreign countries or lese majeste. Insulting or threatening the King, Queen, Consort, Heir-apparent or Head of State of foreign countries (Section 133), which is an offence against the friendly relations with foreign states, is punishable by one to seven years’ imprisonment or a fine of 2,000-140,000 baht, or both."

Edited by sambum

9 hours ago, DiamondKing said:

Leste Majeste in Thailand applies not only to the Thai Royal family but all Royal families around the world 

Not many know that but its true but not enforced other than the thai royals 

I highly doubt that Thailand would give two hoots if a coin bearing the Queen of England's head was on it. 

On 7/17/2017 at 8:06 AM, webfact said:

The Thai state railways are stepping up the heat on YouTuber Nate Bartling after his latest stunt putting coins on their tracks.

They say he has broken a 1921 trespass law and plan to speak to him today.

Meanwhile a website that has called for him to be thrown out of Thailand has also been visited thousands of times.

this is all so horribly wrong; SRT is not a law enforcement agency , if they have a problem , they go to the police;

the police handle it as they SUPPOSEDLY know the law;  i would cite SRT for incitement if they aggressively confront the perpetrator;

secondly, the public is not immigration enforcement, they have no say in this matter, that is for others to decide, other people have that job; 

the idea that the thai public can decide immigration matters is abhorrent;

it exposes a total lack of both knowledge of the law and respect for it

and it also exposes a very ugly flaw in today's thai's thinking; namely; that there are organized systems in place to deal with civilized issues; supposedly this place is not primitive no matter how much the public seems to want it to be

Edited by YetAnother

20 hours ago, Myran said:

Please don't spread misinformation. There are different kinds of ads you can add to your Youtube videos, several of which pay as long as the viewer watches them, even if they don't click on them.

Yes and ads can be skipped. Do you have a YouTube channel.. I do