"Saying it with flowers" - Media circus as wannabe hi-so says sorry for dragging cop to the tarmac

webfact

"Saying it with flowers" - Media circus as wannabe hi-so says sorry for dragging cop to the tarmac

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Benz driver has apologized to a traffic cop for dragging him along the road at a Bangkok traffic stop last week.

Niti Anchalee was left sprawled in the road after Juthamart Sriphrom, 52, drove off as the officer tried to get some documents from her red plate Mercedes Benz 250.

The incident happened on Rama 2 outbound at a traffic stop on Tuesday.

Yesterday, it was another media circus as the wannabe hi so turned up withher husband Banthit Suwanwekhin, 59, who had been in the passenger seat.

Metropolitan police chief Sanit Mahathavorn put in an appearance to do the interviewing of the suspects.

Juthamart handed Niti a garland and said she was awfully sorry for dragging him along the road. She said she was panicking because she had not paid the installments on the car for three months.

In addition she admitted having it for four years already and it was still on red plates having not been officially registered. There were also irregularities regarding a modification of the vehicle, she said.

She did admit that the decision to drive off was hers alone and not her husband's as was reported last week.

"I felt awful about it," she said, "so I have decided to give myself up".

Their lawyer was also present.

Niti said that he didn't intend to press charges for his medical treatment but he warned the public not to copy such behavior as exhibited by the couple as it could land you in trouble and hurt police.

Sanit said that both wife and husband would be bailed on 50,000 baht each and three charges relating to ignoring police requests and assault on a policeman would be filed in Thonburi Court today.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-17

Four years on red plates  and the Cops say nothing about that .     I know another black Merc' around my way running on red plates for years, 3 Cops live around them but nothing ever done about it because 'they are important people' according to the locals....just because they have a Merc' !

Dumb country full of dumb people.

It do make me cringe at times with the way that Thai people act around people they consider 'hi-so' just because of a merc; plastic surgery; or grey skin.  I treat them all exactly the same , no ass licking from me....unless im at the immigration office..???

Good on the police for bringing this to court though...if that eventually does happen...

Edited by goldenbrwn1

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Sadly you do have to keeping up with the Joneses and Somchais if you want the "right" friends in Thailand.  Though driving off and almost killing a policeman is a shameful  abandonment of all good sense. 

You are of course presuming she had some good sense to give up?

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Look at her face in the photo, it says i am being made to do this, but i am not happy about it.

Also not happy the cops refused the envelope, and i am being referred to the court

...the tight off the shoulder white blouse should take your mind off it.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:45 AM, webfact said:

wannabe hi so

Whats up with that? Who said that?!

She did admit that the decision to drive off was hers alone

What else do they need?

"I felt awful about it," she said, "so I have decided to give myself up"

How long did it took her?

Niti said that he didn't intend to press charges for his medical treatment

Why the hell not?! that's the most Deming part in this article. that make it Crystal clear that some compensation have been given for him not to sue them for the medical bills.

we all hear that Police officers salary is not high so why would he Volunteer to pay for medical treatment that someone else is accused and caused?!