Another refused entry

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I had a look at his facebook page and it appears he was in the states and was on his way back here. So not an out/in.

yes and looks to have been out of the country for at least 6 weeks if not longer judging by his facebook. flight was long haul lax to svb . 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I had a look at his facebook page and it appears he was in the states and was on his way back here. So not an out/in.

But if you look further he states he needs to get a real visa now! Also Maymar is mentioned.

However looks like he realises his folly. Good luck to him.

How much cash did he have? No cash?

Did he have a confirmed return ticket? No?

From which country is his passport?

An answer to these 3 questions, may make things clearer...

Good luck to the poor chap in detention...<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
Inflammatory comment removed

3 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I can think of better things to put on your FB page, than a reference to "Home , sweet home, Bangkok," hours before arriving without a visa or money.  Looks like he was working here, too.  Good riddance.

The face book reference provided advance warning to the IO's of his imminent arrival ! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I can think of better things to put on your FB page, than a reference to "Home , sweet home, Bangkok," hours before arriving without a visa or money.  Looks like he was working here, too.  Good riddance.

Yes agreed and ill be staying till i get daughters passport and visa sorted. With no return ticket plus couldnt afford to buy one. Oh and the my mate can get me a job teaching english on line?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Six weeks out - not a "visa run" - so doesn't meet that Exempt-specific rule for refusal. 

There are many reasons that an IO can use including the fact that a person is considered to be an "undesirable " defined variously within the list of reasons for refusing entry. 

7 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

References are made to him seeking work and cheap housing in Cambodia, so it hardly looks like he was simply living off savings.  But yes, after you have abused the system, they are sitting back waiting for you....would make for an anxious 30 hour trip.

Correct me if im wrong i thought if you had no return flight and no visa airlines would refuse you travel? Or is that just another fallacy!

Plus he has a daughter isnt there a dependents visa?

Edited by jeab1980

yes, but not something you get at the airport...not being legally married would likely complicate things, too.  Otherwise you would have even more widespread visa fraud, as agents would likely have nominee kids you could claim for a visa.  It wouldn't give you permission to work, that is for certain.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

2 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

yes, but not something you get at the airport...not being legally married would likely complicate things, too.  Otherwise you would have even more widespread visa fraud, as agents would likely have nominee kids you could claim for a visa.  It wouldn't give you permission to work, that is for certain.

Not quite true. It is possible to obtain a visa/extension of stay based on being the LEGAL parent of a Thai child.  The requirement to have 400k in a Thai bank likely discouraged his applying ..........

1 minute ago, perthperson said:

Not quite true. It is possible to obtain a visa/extension of stay based on being the LEGAL parent of a Thai child.  The requirement to have 400k in a Thai bank likely discouraged his applying ..........

He might get a single-entry Non-O for that, then a job w/work-permit with that.  But he would need to make sure he was the legally-recognized father, first.  Better yet, he is a dad - just get married - but perhaps I am being to old-fashioned.