Another refused entry

7 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Fully agree...I deleted my FB account almost 6 years ago....if I need to communicate free of charge from one part of the world to the other I either use wassUp or faceTime and works fine...

but your records may still be there...

1 minute ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

You must not have experience with UAL.

Correct -- No one in their right mind would fly with that crap US outfit. 

Example !  

"In July of 2017, the airline came under fire for giving away a toddler's seat on a flight from Houston to Boston, which led the toddler to sit on the mother's lap throughout the flight"   The seat had been bought and paid for ! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Lufthansa made me sign a document online, stating that I would be responsible for all fees involved in my return, if I was denied entry for any and all reasons.  First time for that in thirteen trips, have had to show visa before....once the fat pig at UAL was trying to deny me because I was changing planes in Beijing and didn't have a visa for PRC...

I don't take LuftAir anymore...to many unexpected strikes!!...but looks that Luftair has got wind of the new Thai Immigration Policies of pushing back people.

But for the Visa, why did they ask for a visa before?  In other words, if one has a passeport that qualifies for Visa Exempt to Thailand, LuftAir would not let them fly???....

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

I don't take LuftAir anymore...to many unexpected strikes!!...but looks that Luftair has got wind of the new Thai Immigration Policies of pushing back people.

But for the Visa, why did they ask for a visa before?  In other words, if one has a passeport that qualifies for Visa Exempt to Thailand, LuftAir would not let them fly???....

Either visa or for visa exempt entry onward ticket with departure within 30 days is required.

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

Detainment room at 3000 Baht per day ?

Whats all that about ?

, Good value for money . One of the safest places to reside, in LOS.   Imho .

Edited by elliss

22 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

no return ticket in some cases.

2 hours ago, Xaos said:

Again to ppl saying he was working here, Cody was out of TH for more than a year, He used to train and fight in TH, then left, was about to come train again.

the fact that he was outside thailand for so long makes this 'case' for us TV detectives quite fascinating.  he obviously said something during his interview that  got him the denial.  he did not know about the visa exempt risk.  did he know about not being able to work in thailand ? maybe he will say something on his FB account when he gets home (sounds like kansas is home).

according to the FB account, he could not pay the 750 charge for the stay in detention (the paypal collection discussion talked about needing to pay that also). that does not mean he is broke.  maybe he could not access his funds for some reason.  but it appears that he arrived with no atm card, no cash, no credit card.  it is hard to believe, how does he leave the airport ?

Edited by buick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, natway09 said:

If coming to Thailand as a tourist why no return or onward flight   ????

Perhaps they don't know the exact date they plan to leave.   In the good old days when tickets were changeable, that wasn't a problem.  Today it can run into some serious coin if you burn a ticket because you need to leave a week (or a day)  earlier or later than your onward flight.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Perhaps they don't know the exact date they plan to leave.   In the good old days when tickets were changeable, that wasn't a problem.  Today it can run into some serious coin if you burn a ticket because you need to leave a week (or a day)  earlier or later than your onward flight.

The cheaper the ticket, the less flexible, and with significant change fees.

Most people would rather buy the Promo or Saver fare, regardless of the class they travel in. Applies for business also.

• Like 1

Just now, lkv said:

The cheaper the ticket, the less flexible, and with significant change fees.

Most people would rather buy the Promo or Saver fare, regardless of the class they travel in. Applies for business also.

I can usually buy a restricted ticket, burn it and buy another for less than a full price, changeable ticket for the same seat.   The numbers work out even better if I only burn a small percentage of them.  But what a waste of money. 

Wow ,    immigration now   check  your  facebook profile , that explains why  the queues @ immi  are sooo long .

If it keeps the chanchers  from entering the  kingdom,  {again},   job well done. Imho.  

Edited by elliss

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Wow ,    immigration now   check  your  facebook profile , that explains why  the queues @ immi  are sooo long .

If it keeps the chanchers  from entering the  kingdom,  {again},   job well done. Imho.  

But let those already with long term visas join the Thai channel, not queue for hours with VOA etc

5 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Is all this hassle; all this running around and subterfuge to be able to stay in Thailand indefinitely without the proper documents; some working illegally worth it. There are many other countries with similar climate; cheaper prices and no Visa or working issues. If one is  at prime working age and not a millionaire- why wouldn't one want to work at Western wages in their home country rather than scrape by in Thailand with all the scrutiny involved? Most people doing this are wasting their time; losing tons of money and having no retirement fund when they get holder. Having a good time only lasts for so long- then reality bites!

In the USA, most won't have a retirement-fund, anyway, unless they work for the government or a hospital (unless the Filapinas are let in, and wipe out the nurses-union, then they will be in the same boat).  There aren't "pensions" any more for much of anyone, and Social Security is a black-hole with a "who knows if you live to see it" and a ROI that is pathetic. 

I met a couple folks who were making decent $$ teaching English in Vietnam 1.5x the min-wage in the USA.  Others do OK in Cambodia (even easier - no degree needed) - I was offered similar pay by a school director I met by chance a few years back.  If I were looking to work, and didn't have skills for a decent job w/work-permit, I would go with one of those 2 options.  Could even save some money doing that (more than Social Security would ever net you).  South Korea is another choice, but I don't know if it pays well relative to the cost of living.

4 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If I were looking to work, and didn't have skills for a decent job w/work-permit, I would go with one of those 2 options.

Are you saying that Cambodian/Vietnamese children should be taught by ill-educated people who possess no skills? 

Disgraceful . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Are you saying that Cambodian/Vietnamese children should be taught by ill-educated people who possess no skills? 

Disgraceful . 

I am saying they are taught by native-English speakers.  In Vietnam, I think you need a college-degree + a "teaching English as a 2nd language" course-certificate (I could be wrong).  In Cambodia, I think the certificate, and being generally well-spoken, is sufficient.

Just now, JackThompson said:

I am saying they are taught by native-English speakers.  In Vietnam, I think you need a college-degree + a "teaching English as a 2nd language" course-certificate (I could be wrong).  In Cambodia, I think the certificate, and being generally well-spoken, is sufficient.

These were your words "If I were looking to work, and didn't have skills for a decent job w/work-permit"  

Do you consider teaching to be  an unskilled job only taken by those unable to obtain a "decent" job? 

16 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Disgraceful . 

Many local English teachers in Thailand cannot speak English themselves

A native English speaking English teacher would be better than a  non English speaking local

4 minutes ago, perthperson said:

These were your words "If I were looking to work, and didn't have skills for a decent job w/work-permit"  

Do you consider teaching to be  an unskilled job only taken by those unable to obtain a "decent" job? 

Getting a work-permit to teach English in Thailand is more difficult - that's all I'm pointing out. 

In my passport-country, USA, an ED degree is one of the easiest course-sets there is (and it shows).  Things are different in Germany (and it shows). 

But in Vietnam or Cambodia, they are happy to learn English to a basic, conversational level.  This is not university-level English.  I cannot count the times I walked up to a little shop or stall in Cambodia, and a 6-year old was called by mama, ran out and said, "Hello, may I help you?"  It didn't take a PhD to teach them the basics, and now they can communicate with everyone from the USA and Europe - and others in ASEAN, which is the point of the effort.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Many local English teachers in Thailand cannot speak English themselves

A native English speaking English teacher would be better than a  non English speaking local

Of course you are correct but only if the Teacher is a Degree Qualified Professional that speaks other than Scouse, Geordie, Glaswegian or some other "rich" accent. Some (most) of the so called  native "teachers" of  'english' in SEA  would not be allowed anywhere near a school in the English speaking West. 

1 minute ago, perthperson said:

Of course you are correct but only if the Teacher is a Degree Qualified Professional that speaks other than Scouse, Geordie, Glaswegian or some other "rich" accent. Some (most) of the so called  native "teachers" of  'english' in SEA  would not be allowed anywhere near a school in the English speaking West. 

We are not in the English speaking West, so, that point is irrelevant

Most proper English teachers would not work in Thailand , they would go to Countries that pay higher salaries

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Most proper English teachers would not work in Thailand , they would go to Countries that pay higher salaries

So  Fake  unqualified , non professional english "teachers" are good enough, in your opinion, for SEA children ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

And the irony is, Cambodians have better English skills, by far.    Shows that 'standards for teachers' is not the deciding factor, beyond all doubt.

Edited by JackThompson

Just now, perthperson said:

So  Fake  unqualified , non professional english "teachers" are good enough, in your opinion, for SEA children ? 

I am saying that they are better than a local teacher who cannot even speak English himself