Video: Pattaya bar girl loses phone after agreeing to meet foreigner

webfact

I think it must have been a Samsung J7  they cost 5900 baht, I own one myself.

Good reliable smart phones.  

She probably can buy the same model again , after dating 2-3 farangs. Should take her less than a week , she is not bad looking. 

10 hours ago, daiwill said:

I wonder if I would get this much attention in the media or lifts from the police if the same had happened to me ???  

So u would be willing to meet a stranger male farang for money to go to his room at night time.??

13 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

So u would be willing to meet a stranger male farang for money to go to his room at night time.??

Here is a personal example of how fun Thailand can be and how trusting some Thais can be.  On my second trip there, back in December 2004, my two buddies and I went to Ko Samet.  My girl backed out at the last moment.  No big deal.  I was flying home right after the two nights in Ko Samet.  I was quite content for a quiet weekend swimming and lounging.  When we all met up at the pier down by the ferry my buddies GF didn't want me to be lonely so she said she would call her friend to come meet us on Ko Samet.  She showed me a photo and I said sure, why not.  I of course agreed to pay the transportation and stuff.  Sure enough the next morning the girl shows up, having traveled from Pattaya to Ko Samet on her own!  Turns out she was a decent person as was her friend who we all knew from the phone shop where we had first met her buying our phones.  We all went on the 1/2 day around the island snorkeling trip.  Had the kick ass night barbecues put out by several of the hotels.  Got some massages, went swimming, etc.  Did a jet ski for a little while etc.  No worries, no hassles.  It was a fine two days.  I made it worth her while and just thought it was the coolest thing.  A great experience.   Sure in the back of some their minds they are thinking money, the big potential farang with money, maybe a way out of boring no opportunity Thailand.  But still, I can't fault them for that, or for thinking about opportunities.  She was pleasant and we both smiled a lot

The one anecdote is this was the day of the Tsunami!  We had originally planned to go to Phuket but my buddy at the last minute changed the plans.  Yikes.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Here is a personal example of how fun Thailand can be and how trusting some Thais can be.  On my second trip there, back in December 2004, my two buddies and I went to Ko Samet.  My girl backed out at the last moment.  No big deal.  I was flying home right after the two nights in Ko Samet.  I was quite content for a quiet weekend swimming and lounging.  When we all met up at the pier down by the ferry my buddies GF didn't want me to be lonely so she said she would call her friend to come meet us on Ko Samet.  She showed me a photo and I said sure, why not.  I of course agreed to pay the transportation and stuff.  Sure enough the next morning the girl shows up, having traveled from Pattaya to Ko Samet on her own!  Turns out she was a decent person as was her friend who we all knew from the phone shop where we had first met her buying our phones.  We all went on the 1/2 day around the island snorkeling trip.  Had the kick ass night barbecues put out by several of the hotels.  Got some massages, went swimming, etc.  Did a jet ski for a little while etc.  No worries, no hassles.  It was a fine two days.  I made it worth her while and just thought it was the coolest thing.  A great experience.   Sure in the back of some their minds they are thinking money, the big potential farang with money, maybe a way out of boring no opportunity Thailand.  But still, I can't fault them for that, or for thinking about opportunities.  She was pleasant and we both smiled a lot

The one anecdote is this was the day of the Tsunami!  We had originally planned to go to Phuket but my buddy at the last minute changed the plans.  Yikes.

Yes there a lots of nice and friendly Thai people but i aware this already.

Maybe u can make more trips to Thailand and give us more updates?

"They called on the police to do something about it as it was damaging the image of the resort"

Of course after 30 years of "Bar girls" blatantly plying their trade. A nicked phone will tarnish Pattaya's image. 

On 7/18/2017 at 9:34 AM, webfact said:

They called on the police to do something about it as it was damaging the image of the resort.

The Quote of the Week!

If you look at the daily happenings in "the resort" which is first and foremost visited for its nature (another hilarious quote by the tourism ministry)........   Snatched gold chains, the nightly punter bashing of the women of the second or third gender (whatever they will come up with that deviation of nature) and all the other petty and less than petty crimes which attract the grey society are the order of the day. I am getting the strange feeling that it might have to do something with law enforcement. But yeah, its easier to cream bike riders at inescapable intersections for 50 Baht than really going after what they are paid for. Pocketing up to twenty grand for breathalyzer readings of 50 and more, avoiding the usual bureaucracy and paper trails of course, is more lucrative! 

So, yes, keep on calling on the police but they are busy with lining their pockets elsewhere, despite a 3+ years rule by the boys in green ............ 

On 7/17/2017 at 11:17 PM, darksidedog said:

Nice, but not very smart it would seem. Given TAT tells us there are record numbers of tourists here, the locals shouldn't need to be stealing from each other, but I guess all those tourists have gone somewhere other than Pattaya and aren't here to be robbed. I do agree though, way too much phone theft going on here, not to mention bags and necklaces.

She is quite pretty though. If she doesn't have a spare phone, I wouldn't mind going down there and giving her one.:smile:

I'd just give her a call....LOL

On 18/07/2017 at 5:17 AM, darksidedog said:

She is quite pretty though. If she doesn't have a spare phone, I wouldn't mind going down there and giving her one.:smile:

Now that's nice of you pal, but be sure to check before that she is not half he!!!!