Russian woman begging with baby in Bangkok sparks debate amongst Thais online

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I just don't understand how these fake beggars can live with themselves.  Firstly they're giving genuine poverty stricken street beggars a bad name, and secondly do they have no pride or self respect, standing there asking (often poor) members of the public for spare change?!

It takes a special kind of person to sink that low...

in her travel diary she says it is The Universe that gives her all those money and food via good people they meet. usual thing for hitchhikers not to spend any money except earned during the trip.

7 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

There were beggars on the bridge across the Thames outside Waterloo station and apparently till peopled cottoned on they earned hundreds of pounds a day. I stopped giving to charity in S Wales when we found out the IRA were benefiting from some of it.

There was a report done some 20 years ago that investigated some of the major charities like ox-fam and save-the-children etc. There findings were that on average only 7% of donations actually went to where it was intended. The rest just disappeared into administration.

If I find the original TV programme  I'll post it.

Others said that it wasn’t the responsibility of Thai people to help the woman and that she should contact her embassy for assistance.

By that logic why is it my responsibility to support Thai scroungers?

20 hours ago, nasanews said:

Just overstay your visa and Thais will be glad to deport you back home, wouldn't they?

Nope. When I was around 20 I got caught with some ecstasy and got banged up for a week. Long time ago. There was one fella from Eritrea in the slammer. Only guy who could speak English, I couldn't speak Thai back then. Anyway. He said he wondered off his cargo boat and got drunk and the boat left without him. He got picked up and locked up. After I was released I promised I'd call his embassy to try to get him home. Called them. They said the ambassador was dead. No shit. Anyway they said they knew his story and if I wanted to help they would release him if someone paid his ticket. I wasnt paying so he had to stay there. Guy had a broken ankle and some kind of fever. Poor guy couldnt even walk, not that there was anywhere to go. Don't think all embassies pay for repratiation because they don't. 

2 hours ago, Janner1 said:

some people are not reading the whole thread and not reading the links, on her couchsurfing webpage it doesn't show here split with her husband - she is a sponger. 

it it may well be that she is a sponger, but my point was that many people said how bad it was that fathers can dump thier children and walk away.

Yet that appears to be the norm here, look around you at all these Thai woman with children and no man, and look also at how many have farangs appearances !!

It would not be beyond the bounds of possibility that some of those commenters have also dumped there own children rather than be a man and support it/them, leaving the offspring to be brought up in some isolated village by grandparents who invariably are too old, and have brought up Thier own children with little or no education only to do the same all over again, thereby perpetuating the situation where uneducated adults live in poverty all of thier lives.

we live in a world where responsibility and common decency are a thing of the past and it is time that it stopped !!

Just think of how much respect you will receive if you can say with all honesty that you have children, that sadly you do not see the mother anymore but you support her and the child, and just think of how much self respect you will have when you wake up every morning knowing that you have done the right thing and given your child a chance in life.

To all of those fathers who are doing it, I say well done, you are the salt of the earth and you certainly have all of my respect and I would guess the same from a great many more admirers

Were you abandoned as a child or something?? 555 sorry. I hear what your saying but it seems to come so close from the heart 

She would be begging in Russia as well , but much nicer climate in Thailand and lots of tourists that will donate money so she will carry on unless immigration deport her. 

"Some people came to the defence of the woman questioning how a father could leave their child in that situation."

Lmao, I hope these comments were not from Thai citizens.
I've stopped to count the number of woman I talked to where the father made a "runner".
Seems to be common here.
They urgently need a law here so they need to pay and bleed and maybe think twice before they stick their salami into...

12 hours ago, balo said:

She would be begging in Russia as well , but much nicer climate in Thailand and lots of tourists that will donate money so she will carry on unless immigration deport her. 

No, she wouldn't. This is just their way of travelling the world for as little as possible. 

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:41 PM, aussieozzy said:

in her travel diary she says it is The Universe that gives her all those money and food via good people they meet. usual thing for hitchhikers not to spend any money except earned during the trip.

earned?

I don't care. Do whatever you want and I give money to people I choose to give to. I walk past the others. Except I give to 21 year old beauties that satisfy my sexual urges and give generously if any of you 21 year old beauties are monitoring TV. 555

Edited by Wake Up

On 7/18/2017 at 6:35 PM, observer90210 said:

Sorry, but she must be handed over to her embassy who in turn must either pay for her in Thailand or have her sent back to her homeland....

Try begging as an alien in the streets of some western nation and the same will happen...

Another quality farang who will plainly justify all the hassle at immigration counters towards other farangs on normal visits to the Kingdom...

Get your facts right before you blow your trumpets my good man.

No Embassy will pay for your flight home... I sincerely believe that woman have her husband bumper Russians are like that they are very careless. 

7 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

Get your facts right before you blow your trumpets my good man.

No Embassy will pay for your flight home... I sincerely believe that woman have her husband bumper Russians are like that they are very careless. 

Could you explain how you are so familiar with sovereign nations embassy dynamics?

Perhaps your country won't pay but there are other countries that do take up such expenses.

You should investigate a bit deeper before ranting, my good old fellow.

Could you explain how you are so familiar with sovereign nations embassy dynamics?
Perhaps your country won't pay but there are other countries that do take up such expenses.
You should investigate a bit deeper before ranting, my good old fellow.

For example?

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/07/2017 at 7:51 AM, Happy enough said:

Were you abandoned as a child or something?? 555 sorry. I hear what your saying but it seems to come so close from the heart 

Sorry for the late reply, have been very busy.

to answer your question, No, I was brought up one of six children by loving and caring parents who gave us everything they could afford but most of all they gave us all boundless love.

i fathered a child out of wedlock and I supported her all through childhood and on to university for 4 years, she is now a high flying director in a top flight company.

i don't want praise IF any is forthcoming, but I do want full understanding of my sentiments aired in my post,

So I say again well done to all those fathers out there who have and are supporting their children even if they no longer co-habit with the mother, you are the salt of the earth.

And to those of you who have run away, feel ashamed,feel very ashamed.