Amulet saved me and my family, says Roi-Et man who fell asleep at the wheel

webfact

31pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

A smiling Roi-Et man credited his amulet with saving him and his family after he fell asleep at the wheel of his pick-up and demolished three trees.

All six in the cab and in the back of his Isuzu survived the accident on the road between Selaphoom and Phon Thong districts of Roi-Et. It happened on Route 2046.

Foundation staff that were alerted to the accident by a member of the public used saws to cut what remained of three trees. A kilometer marker had been propelled 20 meters down the road by the impact.

The smiling driver called Sommai Wisetsin, 50, said he had fallen asleep while transporting his wife and relatives home.

He said he was exhausted after working all night.

But the native of Nong Phok district was convinced of one thing - his amulet from Wat Huay Monkhol had saved everyone.

The only injury was his brother in the back of the pick-up who had bashed his chin.

Tnews pictured the amulet and posted a video of the aftermath of the "miraculous escape" from death of all concerned.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-19

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

No. No, it didn't. 

This kind of backwards thinking is not only detrimental to your own health and safety, but more importantly to others' health and safety. 

My problem with superstitious beliefs? It keeps people satisfied with not understanding the world. 

And the stupid ************ thinks it's all okay by posing with his now sort after amulet. I'm surprised the family didn't beat him to death for his stupidity for driving after working all night. So have the police locked him up? 

Edit. On confirming that he caused the accident will  his insures pay for the damage? I certainly hope not.

Edited by sinbin

15 minutes ago, tonray said:

Why didn't the amulet keep him awake ?

Because it was the ordinary common garden variety lucky amulet. Not the deluxe model with the optional built-in alarm which they pay extra for.

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

And the stupid ************ thinks it's all okay by posing with his now sort after amulet. I'm surprised the family didn't beat him to death for his stupidity for driving after working all night.

No, they want to know where he got his amulet from as they all want one.

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

So have the police locked him up? 

No, but hey also want to know where he got his amulet from as they all want one too.

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

Edit. On confirming that he caused the accident will  his insures pay for the damage? I certainly hope not.

Yes they'll pay, and the claim adjuster wants to know where he got his amulet from as he wants one too.

21 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

A little respect for other people's spiritual and religious beliefs would be nice.  Whatever happened to religious tolerance?

It's dumb superstition not religious or spiritual, do you expect us to respect black magic, sticking pins in voodoo dolls or respecting the view of Isis? All cultures are not equal and some practices and beliefs deserve to be laughed at

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

It's dumb superstition not religious or spiritual, do you expect us to respect black magic, sticking pins in voodoo dolls or respecting the view of Isis? All cultures are not equal and some practices and beliefs deserve to be laughed at

How can you pick and choose which beliefs or cultures deserve to the laughed at?  All religions are stupid and cause humans to act idiotically.  There is no difference between this man thinking his amulet saved him, then a Christian thinking praying to their wooden cross around their neck saved them.

Who are you to judge?  

In my view... I lump all the religions together as stupid... but never laughable... more a tragic waste of human lives and a rather depressing insight into mass human hysteria and weakness.  

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

No, they want to know where he got his amulet from as they all want one.

No, but hey also want to know where he got his amulet from as they all want one too.

Yes they'll pay, and the claim adjuster wants to know where he got his amulet from as he wants one too.

There's getting an amulet but in this case his is proven/guaranteed to work.  :smile:

I'll tell you a little story. My BiL who once collected amulets, came to me when he was a monk with a newly aquired amulet. He wanted to put the amulet around this chickens neck and for me to shoot the chicken. He then changed his mind about the chicken, being as he was now a monk etc etc. So he asked if I'd just try and fire the gun at the amulet. If the amulet was genuine the gun would misfire. Obviously.

Okay, so I point the gun at the amulet and fire. The amulet shatters into a hundred pieces. My BiL turns to the guy he came with and said 'see I told you it was fake'. 

Absolutely true story.

33 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

How can you pick and choose which beliefs or cultures deserve to the laughed at?  All religions are stupid and cause humans to act idiotically.  There is no difference between this man thinking his amulet saved him, then a Christian thinking praying to their wooden cross around their neck saved them.

Who are you to judge?  

In my view... I lump all the religions together as stupid... but never laughable... more a tragic waste of human lives and a rather depressing insight into mass human hysteria and weakness.  

Well who said that laughing and mocking this incident means that other members don't laugh and mock other silly religious or superstitious beliefs? Let's keep on point with the criticism at hand. 

How about if you hadn't fall asleep while driving you wouldn't have crashed in the first place?
Oh I know, he forgot to bring his Sensible-Amulet with him. He only had his After-Crash-Survival-Amulet with him this time.
Next time he also should make sure to bring with him the cheat codes for No Sleep, 25+ Health, Armor, Extra Ammo, Remove Wanted Level, Level Up and 1 Up (Extra Life).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

A little respect for other people's spiritual and religious beliefs would be nice.  Whatever happened to religious tolerance?

Come back with your tolerance of other peoples believes, when a braindead idiot like this one, crashes into your family, because he fell asleep at the wheel, but feels lucky with his amulet, because it saved him!

Spirituality, religion- all the same made up fairytales, so people don't have to cope with the reality of life!

No tolerance here, no matter if Mohamed rides a donkey to the sky, a zombie- carpenter saves all mankind or an amulet saved this numbnut's live!

It's all hokuspokus!

Unfortunately the idiots family will happily accept the fact that it was the amulet that saved them. He will walk around with a big smirk on his face accepting praise from everyone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Can't tell a lot from the pic but it doesn't appear to be a high speed impact. Lucky he had his amulet because engineering, crash testing etc obviously didn't play a part. Remember this rubbish is drilled into them from day one. The truly brainwashed will swear that black is white and visa versa.

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

A little condemnation for other people's sheer crass stupidy would be nicer.

Of course some enjoy being Thai-bashing policemen and wouldn't dream of criticising the locals, even when they stupidly put their family's lives at risk by driving after working all night.