A passion for bikes is inborn l think so.

Kwasaki

10 minutes ago, KNJ said:

I think I have got the hang of it, leave it on the side-stand, just past TDC and use all my weight to get it going.........not..... she kicks back, and I go over the handlebars in a crumpled mess.

Your not alone happened to me once leaving my girlfriends house with family looking on kick-starting my Panther 600.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l guess they do it cause they can for me rich boy toys and extreme customized stuff is not my thing really,   

A specialized sport car company Sbarro Switzerland based,  built a one off car ref from Z1300 sites where two Z1300 engines and own gearboxes were mounted and connected only by belt,  each engine drove its own rear wheel.

I said before l passed my test in UK on my mates Bantam it involved start the bike look behind and ride off around an open area of roads forming a block,  the examiner stopped me saying ride around again the opposite way and prepare for your emergency stop,  coming back l couldn't see him until he jumped out behind a tree, l thought that a was be silly but passed test after 3 highway code road safety questions.

This following was from a writer at MCN who made him go for a new motorcycle test which is much tougher, a good laugh.  

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2013/january/jan2413-how-hard-can-it-be-to-pass-new-test/

23 hours ago, roo860 said:

My examiner told me to speed up a bit!!! He jumped out from behind a parked for the emergency stop.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

......and you ran him over?

A cop did that to me coming out of Sydney airport, I stopped with mms to spare...... He said he thought I was speeding...I asked him why he jumped out in front of me... if he thought I was speeding? Doh!!!

On 8/2/2017 at 6:32 PM, AllanB said:

......and you ran him over?

A cop did that to me coming out of Sydney airport, I stopped with mms to spare...... He said he thought I was speeding...I asked him why he jumped out in front of me... if he thought I was speeding? Doh!!!

Did you see that Kawasaki ZX6-R ad that got banned in Oz, funny. 

What is the motorcycle test in Oz like these days. ?

There are all sorts bikes for you if you want in Thailand but what about the bike you would really like in Thailand.

I've ridden but not owned a Hayabusa in UK so how many here have ridden or got a Suk Hayabusa l like the comments made by some writers like  " when l pin the throttle and the rear tyre finally grips the world spins faster."   

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, transam said:

Never thought I would see this name again, what a lovely looking machine...

brough-superior-ss100-12_800x0w.jpg.24c84066ab3ad012fa324e90cba0ccb0.jpg

Started 21st century design Brough motorcycle 2013, engine made by a French company that give Kwacka's ZX10R engine a winner in WSBK.

Not my thing and a basic model starting around £46,000 + it's just another rich-mans toy.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Started 21st century design Brough motorcycle 2013, engine made by a French company that give Kwacka's ZX10R engine a winner in WSBK.

Not my thing and a basic model starting around £46,000 + it's just another rich-mans toy.

Wish I were a rich man...:stoner:

Having worked on original Broughs this bike brought a big smile..:smile:

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Had a few beers with my chum last night and he was telling me all the bikes he had waaaay back, here's one....

Ariel.jpg.8d1c3e9fa91e693d1b66e372eba0c803.jpg

My Dad wanted one Ariel 4's were seen as powerful machines in them there days.

My Dad bought a Rudge 500 which name was famed in racing.

When we were added to the family so was a sidecar.

5401813326_4e4c8ffee9_b.jpg.98d3bcca879b9058c3011b00de90e516.jpg

2 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Stop Stop Stop, my heart is about to give out

He reckoned the Matchless was the best bike he ever had, never faltered, went all over the country on it. Sadly he had to admit he had one of these for a VERY short while....

I can remember being behind those things and choking...:sad:

Ariel-Leader.jpg.34e8dacc740e8d00325c5eddb75e8d4d.jpg

8 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Morden, Salf London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me,

Bike, Sidcup, Kent.

Car, Lee, S.London.

Heavy Goods, Croydon.

Past them all first time but...

Had a letter with my HGV license, it said we are not happy with your road convictions and they will be keeping an eye on me...

facepalm.gif.85fd3cc7e18e67fafb7874ec8b6542a6.gif

20 minutes ago, transam said:

And....

velocette..jpg.fa42bc83e5b87ac0ecdc73cf2a9175cf.jpg

Quite liked the Velocette 500,  l never liked the the exhaust box though and my first nick by the pigs was on one of these.

31b1e2c330116c2d4ad7b132cb44f6d1.jpg.035da987084be6c8761c636225ff4bc6.jpg

matchless_1951_350.jpg.05505a5cdb7bd36dfc8f506cf8b2d70a.jpg

That looks like a 350 The 500's were popular.