A passion for bikes is inborn l think so.

Kwasaki

13 hours ago, canthai55 said:

got mine into the low 10's

Always thought the 1/4 mile thing was controversial.

Do they time from lights out or from when the car/ motorbike actually moves. ??

I guess you know why l ask " Wheel-spin at standstill start ".

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The light goes green and you go, when your front wheel triggers/hits a light beam the time starts, similar light beam at the other end to stop the clock..

Just now, transam said:

The light goes green and you go, when your front wheel triggers/hits a light beam the time starts, similar light beam at the other end to stop the clock..

OK thanks l asked because a vid of my son was timed against another bike that didn't have launch control.

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

OK thanks l asked because a vid of my son was timed against another bike that didn't have launch control.

With drag racing a quicker/faster ride can lose the race because of the riders reaction "time" to the light when it goes green...But your time and speed will be shown whether you win or lose to see the difference between them .

25 minutes ago, transam said:

With drag racing a quicker/faster ride can lose the race because of the riders reaction "time" to the light when it goes green...But your time and speed will be shown whether you win or lose to see the difference between them .

Thanks, Luke does it for fun and has done as much as it wants with is bike because it comes pretty much well sorted already as vid post  #209.

He prefers track race days. 

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Thanks, Luke does it for fun and has done as much as it wants with is bike because it comes pretty much well sorted already as vid post  #209.

He prefers track race days. 

Me too, just for fun to see if my input improved things, my ride was a 100% dinosaur street car that could fly, my heaven....:stoner:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Me too, just for fun to see if my input improved things, my ride was a 100% dinosaur street car that could fly, my heaven....:stoner:

I think the only thing top sportbikes these days have more than racecars is Cornering ABS. :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

When you stage the car/bike, and the starter activates the Christmas Tree, as soon as you roll forward you break the beam and the ET timer starts. So if you are quick on the tree, you can put down a slower ET yet still win the race, as you cross the finish line first. 66 feet from the end of the track, you break the speed beam, and it records your top speed at the 1/4 mile beam

14 hours ago, canthai55 said:

When you stage the car/bike, and the starter activates the Christmas Tree, as soon as you roll forward you break the beam and the ET timer starts. So if you are quick on the tree, you can put down a slower ET yet still win the race, as you cross the finish line first. 66 feet from the end of the track, you break the speed beam, and it records your top speed at the 1/4 mile beam

Yep, I recall a race that I won but the other guy went through the line 8mph faster..:stoner:

6 hours ago, transam said:

What did his bike run, ET and speed....?

The Brands track day vid is cam quality you can here Luke's knee sliders..

If you listen to the phone vid 1/4 mile is not so good it was 10.24 l think but he has bettered that since, he has now got 185 bhp at the back wheel at a certified Dyno shop,  some other shops were saying 190 bhp not only Thailand err.  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If you listen to the phone vid 1/4 mile is not so good it was 10.24 l think but he has bettered that since, he has now got 185 bhp at the back wheel at a certified Dyno shop,  some other shops were saying 190 bhp not only Thailand err.  :biggrin:

different dyno, different day, different tester means different results, a variation like that is normal.

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Running a 10 is very good, must have been doing near 140mph...:stoner:

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

This will make you.....:laugh:

My 6.6 ltr Transam, from factory had the same HP as your lads bike..:sad:

It had less torque than my Vigo...:sad:

On 8/31/2017 at 10:27 PM, kaorop said:

different dyno, different day, different tester means different results, a variation like that is normal.

No way buddy been there done it etc etc a lot of dodgy dyno shops in UK to make you feel good, think about it.

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

No way buddy been there done it etc etc a lot of dodgy dyno shops in UK to make you feel good, think about it.

I'm sure there is, but well,  I'm trained on dynos and mocy mech and have numerous friends/workmates/bosses in the business. Its common knowledge that dynos arent an exact science.

FWIW

https://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/24999/how-accurate-and-precise-is-a-dyno-and-why

6 minutes ago, kaorop said:

I'm sure there is, but well,  I'm trained on dynos and mocy mech and have numerous friends/workmates/bosses in the business. Its common knowledge that dynos arent an exact science.

FWIW

https://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/24999/how-accurate-and-precise-is-a-dyno-and-why

Agree and respect, interesting stuff that's over my head l was use to carbs & coils old stuff before computer run motorbikes.

My son enquired and found many motorcycle engineers in motorcycle businesses have their dyno's computer analyzed & checked regularly some don't.

My son went to several places when buying upgrade parts until he found a place where getting know this motorcycle guy from track day it seemed to him that he took much more time & care setting his bike up.

The manager was owner,  engineer and raced bikes, the dyno was new and the latest allegedly he took the bike on road test as well and returned to re-checked again he told my son he'd got the engine management as near as possible to the best settings,  l guess you know what he meant. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Went out for a beer, Thai kid had just bought what looked like a Lambretta..Wow, that took me  back...Mrs.Trans had to sit on it...He said it cost 90,000bht.....Yeh the photo with  Mrs.Trans  on it was a must..Hmm.

Anyhooo, when he left l was looking forward to the sound l remembered, but alas it sounded like a Click and was auto...Oh well...:sad:

lambo.jpg.127e18ef639d2b72361e85908f98ebba.jpg

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Went out for a beer, Thai kid had just bought what looked like a Lambretta..Wow, that took me  back...Mrs.Trans had to sit on it...He said it cost 90,000bht.....Yeh the photo with  Mrs.Trans  on it was a must..Hmm.

Anyhooo, when he left l was looking forward to the sound l remembered, but alas it sounded like a Click and was auto...Oh well...:sad:

lambo.jpg.127e18ef639d2b72361e85908f98ebba.jpg

Nah don't get that rubbish the PCX you have is better and far beyond.

Never thought the day would come when I'm looking at CRF250's when I still really want a GSXR1000R  K series.  

That scooter is a Scomadi , designed by 2 English engineers , 1 an expert in engine / exhaust tuning , the other an expert on brakes / suspension .That 125 air cooled carb model was introduced to "get the ball rolling" while they develop the 200cc version that uses an Aprilia liquid cooled injected engine. High class scooters , like Vespa , but most will go for a 90% similar Yamaha Grand Filano.

On Mon Oct 23 2017 at 6:34 PM, Kwasaki said:

And price 12 years old K5 and say 2 year old CFR 3 times as much times but would expect that no comparison whatsoever..

Yes and conversely the crf has 3 times older tech too..or as i say agricultural..Not that its a bad bike..Cant believe Kawasaki didnt respond with an 'up graded' klx...They lost mega sales due to the Crf looking much more modern..