Where to buy good quality rucksack in Pattaya?

champers

Any ideas welcomed. I want one that is genuinely waterproof. Thanks in advance.

Shopping center behind harbour mall off second road (the original) 1st floor to the left of the sports shop there is a small shop which sells all sorts of outdoors equipment including good bags

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Shopping center behind harbour mall off second road (the original) 1st floor to the left of the sports shop there is a small shop which sells all sorts of outdoors equipment including good bags

Just run that location past me again, please, Anythingleft?. Harbour Mall is nowhere near 2nd Road.

Just run that location past me again, please, Anythingleft?. Harbour Mall is nowhere near 2nd Road.

Yes sorry wrong name, it's the recently redone BigC centre, has the new frontage onto second rd with the new restaurants

There's a sports store in the Outlet mall near Tesco Thepprasit.  It's got an OK selection.  Several stores in Central Festival, but in my experience, it's been hit and miss. 

Just don't get a knockoff.  Yes, they are cheap, but fall apart quickly.  I've been on trips and had them give in.  Forcing me to look for alternatives while on the road.  No fun!

Champers: why do you need a waterproof bag?  I traveled for a few years with my REI bag and only one time used a waterproof cover I bough for it.  I did the backpacker route all over Asia.  The bag as it was, was fairly waterproof.  Never had anything get wet.

13 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Champers: why do you need a waterproof bag?  I traveled for a few years with my REI bag and only one time used a waterproof cover I bough for it.  I did the backpacker route all over Asia.  The bag as it was, was fairly waterproof.  Never had anything get wet.

If I have to go out in the rain on the bike, I take off the backpack, put in in a large garbage bag, and then tie it to the back w/ bungee cords.

+1 on buying quality. Money well spent.

21 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

If I have to go out in the rain on the bike, I take off the backpack, put in in a large garbage bag, and then tie it to the back w/ bungee cords.

+1 on buying quality. Money well spent.

The new North Face bag I bought is 100% waterproof.  Even the zippers.  I just bought it in Europe.  Hard to find here.  The selection is hit and miss at their stores.

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

It got very wet when I was caught in heavy rain and water seeped in. The zipper is broke on the main compartment, so I need a new one. I am happy to pay for good quality if it lasts me years. I use almost every day.

I bought a Maxpedition sling bag in a camping shop at the Emporium in Bkk. Very well made.  Will outlast me. Not in Pattaya I know. Just thought I would throw the name out there.