SURVEY: Should ‘My Mate Nate’ be deported?

Scott

SURVEY: Should 'My Mate Nate' be deported?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. SURVEY: Should 'My Mate Nate' be deported?

• Yes, he should be deported.
    • No, he should not be deported.

This poll is closed to new votes

My Mate Nate has caused quite a bit of controversy with his You Tube postings.   In your opinion, should he be deported?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Here is one of the latest threads:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few young kids who love this guy, I have seen very few of his videos but I think he is OK. I cannot see any harm that he has done, other than the couple things that he has paid or is paying the penalty for. Kids in my circle love him, I think there is a stupid kind of jealousy that is set upon him. Leave him alone; he is making some people happy, look at his ratings among the number of viewers that he has had. There are a lot of people who like him, better to do something constructive instead of causing a problem for a fellow man.

8 hours ago, Zaz09 said:

I know a few young kids who love this guy, I have seen very few of his videos but I think he is OK. I cannot see any harm that he has done, other than the couple things that he has paid or is paying the penalty for. Kids in my circle love him, I think there is a stupid kind of jealousy that is set upon him. Leave him alone; he is making some people happy, look at his ratings among the number of viewers that he has had. There are a lot of people who like him, better to do something constructive instead of causing a problem for a fellow man.

So you have no problems with his humiliating people and animal abuse? 

The guy is annoying. Yes I watched him for 10 seconds once.

A few billion other things are annoying in Thailand that I'd like to see deported too, but, I say "Live and let live".

Who am I to judge?

Nate isn't stealing food off my dinner table, so why hate the guy?

He hasn't robbed any banks, hasn't molested any kids/raped any women. No murders either.

Chin up folks & realize that you cannot hide behind "Culture" that never changes.

Personally, I'd like to break his nose, but I can say the same about many famous people.

He's kissing the court's asses, paying his fines.

What did he or that irritating Kim Kardashian ever do to hurt you personally?

I can't stand either of them, but I tend to not judge other folks...I just tune them out.

Definitely deported. People don't see the dangers of his pranks. Eg imagine if your family were up on the train and that train derailed due to the coins being placed on the tracks causing death or serious injuries to a fast moving train, let's see if you would sum it as a youthful prank or nothing wrong with it attitude. 

As much and all as I despise the little turd and this "act dumb, make stupid videos and share them on the internet" generation, I don't believe people should be deported, from Thailand or any other country for that matter, just for being obnoxious.

If that were to happen, I think the streets would be pretty empty really soon. 

2 minutes ago, koshiru said:

Definitely deported. People don't see the dangers of his pranks. Eg imagine if your family were up on the train and that train derailed due to the coins being placed on the tracks causing death or serious injuries to a fast moving train, let's see if you would sum it as a youthful prank or nothing wrong with it attitude. 

I was putting nickels on railroad track in the early 1970's in Florida. Granted I was about 8 years old, out there with a 14 year old brother that put me up to it.

That seems to be Nate's target audience.

Yes it's illegal to trespass on rail lines. The guy got a 5,000 baht fine.

Case closed. He's a retard, YES, but he paid his fine. Leave him alone I say.

I am surprised PM Prayut hasn't taken up Nate the Mate as a personal issue as he did with Lamyai the Twerker.

He seems to love getting his teeth into these sorts of irrelevancies of life that bring the rage out in him rather than face up to the important challenges confronting the country. 

Just now, tomwct said:

Yes, time for him to go home and get a job. Good people In and Bad People Out!

YouTube is his job. He can do it anywhere. 

Kick him out and see what he does when Thai law can't touch him. It's not like he won't be able to film elsewhere.

Perhaps that simple fact goes over the head of some of the bitter geezers around here, but deporting him accomplishes nothing in terms of silencing him.

Just now, koshiru said:

Didn't you pay attention in school?

Q: What are coins made of? 

A: Soft metals like zinc and copper.

Q: What are train tracks made of?

A: Very hard, high quality, steel alloy.

Those coins didn't leave a scratch those tracks regardless of what anyone says, and they certainly wouldn't derail a multi-ton train. That's a scientific fact. 

The unspoken rules of foreignness living in Thailand is, do what you want,

where you want and how you want, but don't, under any circumstances,

make waves, commotions or be noticed by the public or the authorities,

one you have invoke the ire of the locals, your goose is cooked....

24 minutes ago, koshiru said:

Eg imagine if your family were up on the train and that train derailed due to the coins being placed on the tracks causing death or serious injuries to a fast moving train, ...

Impossible.

:coffee1:

28 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Kick him out and see what he does when Thai law can't touch him. It's not like he won't be able to film elsewhere.

Perhaps that simple fact goes over the head of some of the bitter geezers around here, but deporting him accomplishes nothing in terms of silencing him.

And it certainly won't raise the collective IQ of the nation.

39 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Yeah, but they think kicking out the youngsters will transform them into Jagger...:tongue:

He hasn't done anything major enough to deserve deportation.

Let him stay but I hope he heeds the advice of many people to stop some of his silly nonsense > he is on shaky ground as he made many Thais lose face with his ridiculous video mocking Thais English proficiency.  For a person who speaks Thai he knows little about Thailand and its culture and social mores.

Do the authorities have any legal grounds on which to deport him? If his visa is valid and he hasn't been convicted of a major crime or being sought for extradition, there is little they can do under current rules and regulations. That probably explains the official lack of interest.

He will eventually disappear on his own just like the many others who think they have talent.  You can count the number of foreigners in Thailand long term who have been successful and have become wealthy on one hand.