PM Prayut seeks decision on visitor TM6 forms at airport

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24-7-2017 at 3:54 AM, KamnanT said:

I departed yesterday via DMK - a 40-minute outbound immigration queue, not because of cumbersome T.M. 6 forms (which 98% of people had already filled out) but because only a third of the immigration desks in the foreign section were manned.  Despite repeated assurances from the immigration heads at Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang that "everything has been fixed", they continue to suffer from understaffing.  I can only imagine that it is a budgetary issue, as they have all of the information they need to forecast passenger volumes at any given time of the day.  Don Muang is significantly worse than Suvarnabhumi, both inbound and outbound, and I avoid it like the plague.  Eliminating T.M. 6 forms will not make these queues any shorter.

Yup there are extreme long qeueu's at don muang but there even are no pens to fill in the forms. I had to go to the officer at the desk for a pen, the one who arranges the queu's also didn't have one.

So would the Thai stop asking stupid questions on the forms from now on? What's the use of asking for my income? It's not their business now is it?

On 24/07/2017 at 7:45 AM, Ricardo said:

Sounds as though this may be a small step in the right direction ?

Next to make it 90-days visa-exempt-entry on-arrival (likeMalaysia), instead of 30-days,  also action to link the TM-6 computer-system to update the TM-30 computer-system so that we don't need to report withing-24-hours of returning,  and to require 90-day-reports only if you've changed your address.

It should be relatively easy to significantly-reduce the number of times visitors need to disturb Immigration every year, to the benefit of both visitors and Immigration.

My original post has now generated 50-likes  (Thanks !)  from fellow-posters, which is roughly double my previous highest, this shows that this issue of TM6s is widely thought to be a step in the right direction & that we believe there may be scope for further simplifications to Immigration's current practices.

If the government does watch this site, as is popularly believed, then I hope that they will see my suggestions for further minor-improvements in a positive light, I/we believe in their policy of  "Good Guys In"  and we would like to make Immigration's life easier for both themselves and for us foreigners.

Longer-staying  "Good Guys"  have a positive-effect on the Thai national-economy, we are the sort of guests who understand better the country's culture, and we respect it.  We give good publicity back to other foreigners, thus helping TAT with their work in attracting more of the right kind of visitors, and we want to ease the burden on Immigration who are often stressed & under-resourced, as the total-number of tourist-arrivals grows ever-higher.

I would never seek to 'tell' the Thai government what to do, but as responsible longer-stay guests we have an obligation to try to help our hosts, by pointing out simple ways to improve things & reduce their costs, while making the country we love more attractive to visitors.

I hope that any government-readers may consider the suggestions I originally made, a week ago.  :wai:

On 24/07/2017 at 11:36 AM, Aachen said:

You are required to report to your local immigration, in fact your landlord has to do this, but you can do on the approp. form also.

To proof the rumors about the necessity to report to Immigration within 24 hours when you return, I went to Immigration today.
And that's the result:

- Yes, Immigration wants to know that you are back
- normally it's the obligation of the owner of the house to do that (see attachment)
- but you are allowed to do that on your own. No need to bother the owner

you get a corresponding receipt...

bild-1.jpg

Bild-2.jpg

Even though the passport  stamp proves you are back. What they want is to know you are staying at the same address, much easier to tell them ONLY if you aren't. but that would be too simple.

On 24/07/2017 at 0:18 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Reason for visit listing doesn't include re-joining family. Accomodation listing doesn't include house. Income is none of their business. So I ignore all those. And also my next destination.

And they don't care.

I invent the whole form and  put the highest income possible so they know I'm a "good guy" :smile:

• 6 months later...

Good post, yes I saw the new TM card and it's a time consuming as usual , also they added the reason for visit, email , and phone number and immigration officers are not ready to deal with it so they have to take a photo by their mobiles of the new TM6 card together with visa sticker or  entry stamp in two words more time!

About the 90 days instead of 30 days as Malaysia, last two years after Japan expected Thais from visa for 2 weeks they felt honored so they asked from the EU an exemption as well which been denied without thinking due to Thai diaspora around the world and their crimes, overstays, breaking the law ..etc , Malaysians are exempted from Schengen, UK and most of the world  visa as the Malaysian passport classified at 9th level in the world 

In other two words maybe Albania, Ukraine, and other poor nations will enter to the EU area without any visa but never Thais, is true that most of the farangs enjoy the humiliation of Thai immigration law, queues, and non sense paper and fees , but the European governments think wise,