PM warns against mobilising Yingluck's supporters

webfact

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

I am just saying that democracy is nothing more than bullshit word.  How many countries are in good shape because of democracy  ????   zero   :jap:

Thailand is better to be controlled or mayhem develops.

I'm sure you'd be big on getting the trains to run on time also....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Yes but there is a difference. I actually don't support Thaksin/red shirts, whereas you and others do actually openly support the junta. I have nothing but contempt for both sides.

There is no difference.. you label people without their consent.. you say i support the junta.. i do partially but still you think i support it all. Your as bad as you make me out to be and ask me to change my ways while you stay the same. That is crazy.

I have often said, i dislike the reds more than the junta but not by a large margin. There are plenty of topics where i criticized the junta. 

So you should just take your own advice.

Besides I only said that the red lovers here (never mentioned you or anyone in particular) would respond a lot different in the protests were in their backyard (Chang Mai). They don't really seem to care when it happens in BKK because its not affecting them.

I prefer the army to keep the reds out of BKK they have proven that they can't hold normal protests without resulting to violence or leaving after the protest. So i prefer them to be kept at bay. 

9 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

They are meant to be in the barracks or the battlefield, not administering a country or counting twerks.  They are uniquely unqualified to do so, generally, and specifically because they represent a small - albeit powerful - segment of society.

let me suggest this. I know you won't heed my advice. this country is under control for a reason. you can question and lay mess on all you want. it was decided that for now. you weren't involved in the decision making process. ok. understand

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lets hope the army keeps those redshirts under control, maybe just let them demonstrate in Chang Mai throw a few bombs here and there. Lets see how the farang who support them react then. Its always so different when things happen in your own backyard.

Thankfully the army seems to have things under control, so the redshirts can't pressure the judges. 

I think it's pretty clear the verdict will be whatever the cantankerous one wants it to be so don't worry.

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

let me suggest this. I know you won't heed my advice. this country is under control for a reason. you can question and lay mess on all you want. it was decided that for now. you weren't involved in the decision making process. ok. understand

I think people sometimes forget, that the country is still undergoing a delicate one-year transition, ending in three months' time, and it is IMO unrealistic to expect the military to step-down until after that process has been completed.

They are focussed on seeing that transition go through peacefully, one can hope  (and I certainly do) for a return to more-normal political-activity thereafter, although there are no guarantees about that.

Anyone seeking to rock-the-boat on-the-streets right now is likely IMO to get a severe response.

Not saying good or bad, just that posters need to see that bigger-picture, not just the individual court-cases.

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

And? Does the fact that there was yet another coup mean we cannot comment on the situation? If so, why are you not taking your own advice and stop posting?

1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

I think people sometimes forget, that the country is still undergoing a delicate one-year transition, ending in three months' time, and it is IMO unrealistic to expect the military to step-down until after that process has been completed.

They are focussed on seeing that transition go through peacefully, one can hope  (and I certainly do) for a return to more-normal political-activity thereafter, although there are no guarantees about that.

Anyone seeking to rock-the-boat on-the-streets right now is likely IMO to get a severe response.

Not saying good or bad, just that posters need to see that bigger-picture, not just the individual court-cases.

agree. 100%

3 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

The military took power yet again to control events and to steer the country towards a future that benefits them and their supporters. That fact is not lost on anyone except the most ignorant and naive.

7 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

That's obvious. The question now is: does the army do it in the interest of the nation, or to preserve its own interest?

Additionally, as you mention that time for voting will happen soon, votes will probably not mean much. In the new constitution the real power will be in the hands of appointed people rather than elected people. And the army will retain much power. This leads back to the first question....

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

The military took power yet again to control events and to steer the country towards a future that benefits them and their supporters. That fact is not lost on anyone except the most ignorant and naive.

"except the most ignorant and naive"  is obviously not aimed at me, as it would be a flame. :wink:

But I have to say, I think you've completely missed what I was pointing-out, while I was trying to hint while staying within forum-rules.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

That's obvious. The question now is: does the army do it in the interest of the nation, or to preserve its own interest?

Additionally, as you mention that time for voting will happen soon, votes will probably not mean much. In the new constitution the real power will be in the hands of appointed people rather than elected people. And the army will retain much power. This leads back to the first question....

you're thai and have run away from your own country. am I wrong. no. there are people with very interested assets in 'your' country that need protected. much more to say but working

14 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Which may be the reason why the outcome will be announced before ;)

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

From what I can tell, we've been advancing pretty well documented and logical arguments. You could try it, although you'll likely not succeed. Here's one for you to start. Why is it that the military can stop the rioting, bombing and killing only when it's done by the Red side, but allow the Yellow side to do so with impunity? One of the more ironic arguments advanced by Stevenl100 is that the military was needed because of the terrible inconvenience caused by the airport closures. This of course was something the Army could have ended easily, but chose not to do. Furthermore, the ones who unlawfully protested weren't jailed for it. Could you explain this?

Under the supposed 'democracy' here the police are (also) supposed to maintain law & order. They didn't even try when the airports were overrun by the PAD. Furthermore they didn't even try to control the 2010 protests & riots, even worse they supported them. This is what happens when the police force is bought by a political party.

The military have been called in sometimes when citizens and protestors are under attack from militias, especially when the police support the militias. The airport invasions were almost totally peaceful. The army shouldn't have been needed if the police had done their job properly.

If you bother to keep abreast of court cases for the various protests, the airport 'invading' leaders have been sentenced by the criminal & appeal courts - a probable Supreme court case awaits. As least they were prosecuted, unlike most of those responsible for the riots, arson and killing in 2010 - both sides BTW.

we are building buildings. unless they are finished and the rent doesn't come in we are screwed. already had the bigger payers come in that deplete our fish. even took over the birds nests. we are not against anyone. just understand we lost someone and you'll get your vote. later

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I respect your comments always Eric.  I just know Thailand is better with the Junta in control,  it has security and you can still do anything as normal.

Good one ...  tks

Except twerking 9 times in a row...

7 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Why don't the JuntaHuggers push their golden boy to stand for election? He should be confident with that 93% approval rating.

you like to pick sides. 'junta huggers'. that's the problem. come here and talk face to face. no problem with that. pm me

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

lol ....  not oppression but common sense.

Would you like to see protests ?  road blockages ?  airport closures ?  killings ?

The guy burnt his bridges by doing the old Junta trick, suppression of rights , section 44 and cleaning up the beaches  and the Prayut transparency government to government deals ( Chinese H/S Railway and defence procurement)  if he was a benevolent dictator ( Better medical and education services , for starters) people would have been a more supportive

Nor were the Thai people, which is more to the point.
You speak of "now not being the time". The time was when the last election was called, entirely constitutionally. It was blocked, in order that a coup could be staged and a junta installed. That is the reality which you are "happy enough" to deny, and suggest, either for your own part or as an apologist for the junta that it was for the good of the country.
You are entitled to your opinion, as we are entitled to vehemently oppose it.
If you have real justification as to why the election was blocked, as a precursor to the installation of a junta government why not let us have it? The suspicion must be that a junta government suits your political tastes, and you, like the coup makers cannot bring yourself to accept the democratic will of the Thai people.

10 hours ago, NCFC said:

I think we'll settle for the return of democracy.

Would that be a political party of salaried MP's whose salaries are paid by the crook that owns them?

But,but, but, they were elected.................. 

7 minutes ago, JAG said:

Nor were the Thai people, which is more to the point.
You speak of "now not being the time". The time was when the last election was called, entirely constitutionally. It was blocked, in order that a coup could be staged and a junta installed. That is the reality which you are "happy enough" to deny, and suggest, either for your own part or as an apologist for the junta that it was for the good of the country.
You are entitled to your opinion, as we are entitled to vehemently oppose it.
If you have real justification as to why the election was blocked, as a precursor to the installation of a junta government why not let us have it? The suspicion must be that a junta government suits your political tastes, and you, like the coup makers cannot bring yourself to accept the democratic will of the Thai people.

And, had that election happened and PTP been re-elected, with less, the same or more votes and seats, then they would have enacted the Amnesty Bill, the one version which they didn't withdraw, which funnily enough was the one version that favored Thaksin by completely whitewashing him. What was it he said "re-setting the clocks to zero".

Had that happened, then I think the consequences would have been much much worse.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Yingluck is very popular, whereas......

is very popular with her family, friends, cronies, affiliates of course. And the rent-a-crowd usually do a good performance for her. Spontaneous red rose - each and every one!

She's such a good actress.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Why don't the JuntaHuggers push their golden boy to stand for election? He should be confident with that 93% approval rating.

For the same reason as the Shin lovers and fanboys don't push their hero, Mr. Innocent, to stand trial for all those outstanding serious charges. 

Just now, Father Fintan Stack said:

She has genuine affection of which the General and his cohorts can only dream of. They can sure try to follow her appeal by having soap operas and penning poems, but both Prayuth and Prawit have faces only their mothers could love. 

You keep kidding yourself on that all her supporters are paid for.

Another masterstroke from the master politician himself. 

Just as you and a few other love to kid yourself how popular and well loved she is. So much so that people have to be coerced, bribed and transported to show their "spontaneous" love for her and big brother.

Sadly, I think for whatever reasons, she did seem to represent hope for a new dawn to many at one point. Young (relatively), new to politics, fresh, seemingly untainted, - I know many Thais who thought that and voted for her, Now they think she's guilty as hell and deserves all that's coming. 

I'm sure that her family, in it's own stronghold and personal fiefdoms, can rely on the usual feudal support, whipped up by the local "gauleiters" and enforcers. 

Really like  the families of medieval Europe.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

“I am worried about remarks by some Pheu Thai politicians that there are not nine judges in the case [against Yingluck]. They have said 10 million people will also judge. This is not a way to give moral support. It seems to be a threat that they have the masses behind them,” Abhisit said.

Found out as a toady once again.

No, he is not "the best of a bad lot" as some seem to think.