12 month 'Non O' Visa extention due next week. Any surprises to be expected at Phuket immigration?

geoffphuket

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time they wanted a copy of my ATM card en a photo of me standing in front of my house. I had my ATM card in my wallet so went to the copy counter and the photo I could bring the next day when I picked up my passport.

I must renove my new 'Non O' visa next week, they told me nothing changued, but need to go with any Thai (neighbour, girlfriend, landford, friend...) for interview.

After 5 years, this is new for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

59 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

I must renove my new 'Non O' visa next week, they told me nothing changued, but need to go with any Thai (neighbour, girlfriend, landford, friend...) for interview.

After 5 years, this is new for me.

news to me and i did my retirement extension 3 weeks ago in Phuket and went alone

Ps  took all of10 minutes when arrived at 11 am. had to pick up next day after 1

3 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

news to me and i did my retirement extension 3 weeks ago in Phuket and went alone

Ps  took all of10 minutes when arrived at 11 am. had to pick up next day after 1

For the first renewal of a Non 'O' Visa - based on marriage - it's necessary to take a Thai friend that's known you for some time... Maybe this year I've got to find a girlfriend, too. I can live in hope :cheesy:

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Last year we were asked for a photo of the family standing outside the house in front of the number.... and that's what I've taken in preparation for next week. Surly they don't want one of just me, as well? I've already stuck a mug shot photo on the application form.

1 hour ago, Roel said:

Last time they wanted a copy of my ATM card en a photo of me standing in front of my house. I had my ATM card in my wallet so went to the copy counter and the photo I could bring the next day when I picked up my passport.

This was on Phuket? I would want the name of the officer requesting the copy, before I handed that over. Nowhere does it say that's a requirement!

Just now, geoffphuket said:

I meant the official list of requirements... I'm sure you know what I mean, if you've stayed here long enough :sad:

The official list of requirements is the latest one and included the information about the picture with your house number. I did it last week  (as commented on on the other thread) and it is correct.

As I have stayed here long enough I am aware that things change. I actually took more than is on the list (map, etc) but it was not needed.

Sorry! I read wrong the OP.
Now I live in Chantha...so I talk about this inmigration office. I think each provinces has a differing requirements...
Whatever is extrange.

10 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Sorry! I read wrong the OP.
Now I live in Chantha...so I talk about this inmigration office. I think each provinces has a differing requirements...
Whatever is extrange.

That's okay. I read on a post from one of my Facebook friends that he'd been given the run-around, living in Isarn. That's why I made the post here.

3 hours ago, Roel said:

Sorry, I didn't make it clear that my extension is based on marriage. I've already taken a photo of the family standing in front of the house number. Hopefully they don't want one of just me, too - they didn't last year.  

53 minutes ago, geoffphuket said:

Sorry, I didn't make it clear that my extension is based on marriage. I've already taken a photo of the family standing in front of the house number. Hopefully they don't want one of just me, too - they didn't last year.  

Yes, photo of family in front of house with street number claerly visible.

And as you likely know you need to take your wife along for interview and form signing.

Edit - last extension I had to sign another form which I think just verified the photo was valid. No bother at all.

Edited by LivinginKata

Just now, LivinginKata said:

Yes, photo of family in front of house with street number claerly visible.

And as you likely know you need to take your wife along for interview and form signing.

Yes, I think I've got everything covered. Hate this bloody time of year. It's the only thing that spoils living here. Maybe next year, a 10 year extension. Ha ha ha.

3 minutes ago, geoffphuket said:

Yes, I think I've got everything covered. Hate this bloody time of year. It's the only thing that spoils living here. Maybe next year, a 10 year extension. Ha ha ha.

It's called the Elite Card - expensive but it works for some people that I know. 

14 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

It's called the Elite Card - expensive but it works for some people that I know. 

I know about that, but I'm referring to the new 10 year extension that immigration keep talking about, with 3 million in a savings account. The Elite card is for those with serious money to burn.

If you have done this more years than you care to remember Geoff then you should know that you cannot 

extend a visa but that you can extend your permission to stay on the grounds of marriage to a Thai national

or retirement, it is not a VISA. If you have been extending for the many years you say your VISA expired long

ago.   

40 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

If you have done this more years than you care to remember Geoff then you should know that you cannot 

extend a visa but that you can extend your permission to stay on the grounds of marriage to a Thai national

or retirement, it is not a VISA. If you have been extending for the many years you say your VISA expired long

ago.   

Give Geoff a break. So many folks conflate Visa and annual Extension.  

1 minute ago, LivinginKata said:

I'm sorry LIK but it is because so many folks make this mistake that people who come on here for genuine info are 

badly mislead about visas and the clear distinction between them and extensions of stay. How would you like it

if you were given the wrong info and had to make a several hundred mile trip to your nearest immigration office 

armed with what you believed was the correct documents according to what you had gleaned from TV, only to find

that the docs you thought were good were in fact not correct and you had to go home and redo everything and make

the same long expensive trip the very next day? I, for one, would not be amused and is it really so difficult to use the 

correct terminology?  

3 hours ago, phuketjock said:

ago.   

Yes, my last Visa expired more than 10 years ago.... but lets not split hairs over the description. I'm sure everyone understands what I meant. :smile:

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

This is the one reason I only visit TV when I absolutely have to, these days. Members with nothing better to do will find any small detail to criticize.  

So I seem to be the only one who had to copy his ATM card then......strange. It was the guy standing outside room 103 who pre-checks the documentation and then hands you a queue number who requested this. 

So I seem to be the only one who had to copy his ATM card then......strange. It was the guy standing outside room 103 who pre-checks the documentation and then hands you a queue number who requested this. 

That was a requirement for a few years when using an income affidavit from your Embassy. The last two years they didn't want the ATM card copy, they preferred a copy of the front page of your Thai bank account passbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, geoffphuket said:

Be thankful that your extension date is in the depths of the low season. Pity the poor sods that have to do it in December and January.....