Question about Teaching License waivers

Sorry but couldn't find the answer...

I have a Bachelor's degree and was previously licensed as a teacher in my home country, but that teaching license has now expired.  I previously taught at 2 different schools in Thailand (for a total of just over 2 years) and at that time Karusapha issued waivers.  I've been out of Thailand for a few years, but considering coming back.  

Anyone know the current regulations? Would I be able to get a waiver?  Or...???

Thanks!

I am not sure and hopefully someone will be along with up-to-date information.   I do know that people who possessed a license, even if it had expired, were granted a license a few years back.   I don't know if this has changed or not.  

Thailand does like to change regulations frequently and without notice.  

5 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

Check this list for more info. For the teaching permit (commonly called waiver) it's item 15 on the list.

http://site.ksp.or.th/download.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=29

That doesn't help the op out much, but thanks for posting it all the same, I think it is relevant to another thread running at the moment.  

From the point of view of the op, I think the home country may be relevant, and I'm just theorising here.  For example, if you have done a pgce in the UK, that would be acceptable to the authorities here, even if you were not a currently licensed UK teacher. I don't know that much about licensing in the UK or other NES countries, but I presume teachers must have an up-to-date licence to teach, as well as having their pgce/ relevant qualification (and practice to get the QTS/ some sort of monitored practice).  

I think if you can show certificates for the academic side of qualification in your country, it's unlikely that the Thai authorities will demand a current licence from that home country.

I could be talking rubbish however; if I am, no doubt I will be made to suffer soon enough.

Archived