Chateau des Brumes wine - Mis en bouteille au chateau - But it's Thai wine from Korat, did you know ?

Hello,

I bought what I was thinking was French wine without reading anything on the label except MIS EN BOUTEILLE AU CHATEAU, which as I learnt in the past, means that the wine is "pure" wine, not a mix, and that it is bottled in a French property.

But actually after feeling a weird taste, I found that this wine is made in Thailand here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g469414-d3715242-Reviews-Village_Farm_And_Winery-Nakhon_Ratchasima_Nakhon_Ratchasima_Province.html#REVIEWS

Never found before wine pretending to be French but actually made in Thailand, what about you ?

Chateau Des Brumes belongs to a vinyard in Korat province around Khao Yai. They used to fly in some French guy to supervise the harvest. Look up Village Farm Winery winery in google. There are quite a few vinyards in that area with resorts and steak houses attached. Its a very pleasant area, temperature wise, compared to Bangkok and lower Isaan and very popular with middle class Thais..

6 hours ago, tso310 said:

Chateau Des Brumes belongs to a vinyard in Korat province around Khao Yai. They used to fly in some French guy to supervise the harvest. Look up Village Farm Winery winery in google. There are quite a few vinyards in that area with resorts and steak houses attached. Its a very pleasant area, temperature wise, compared to Bangkok and lower Isaan and very popular with middle class Thais..

Thank you :-)

It seems that they need to bring more French to improve, just like all Thai wine.

I wonder why all Thai winery keep trying ? Their wine is awful and even a Thai with taste won't drink it.

Knowing that China will be one of the top 5 biggest wine maker within 20 years and that Chinese wine will be one of the best, why Thai still try to do it, knowing that they have no chance to succeed at all ?

2 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

I wonder why all Thai winery keep trying ? Their wine is awful and even a Thai with taste won't drink it.

Because of shitload of money to make?

You can get 1 litre of pretty good wine anywhere in Europe for 100thb .... here they pay their staff peanuts and sell you the crap for 300thb++

5 hours ago, JohnLick said:

Because of shitload of money to make?

You can get 1 litre of pretty good wine anywhere in Europe for 100thb .... here they pay their staff peanuts and sell you the crap for 300thb++

Yes it's true, but how many people buy their shiiitttliquid ?