Keep the Chinese away from us say Jomtien condo owners

webfact

Keep the Chinese away from us say Jomtien condo owners

3am.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- Owners at a large Jomtien development are furious that a a back door had been opened allowing Chinese tourists to walk all over their common areas.

The Chinese are guests at the Centara Hotel that has some of the same owners.

At a crisis meeting on Wednesday angry owners - both Thai and Western - said that they didn't sign up for this and demanded that the Chinese be booted out.

Decha Lertwilaisak spoke at the gathering saying that leaflets and brochures advertising the Reflection Jomtien Beach condo project never mentioned that the tourists would be allowed access.

There was a meant to be a fence to keep them off the common areas, reported Pattaya News.

Condo owners are demanding a change in the way things are run at Reflection.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-28

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the actual agreement is between the hotel and the condo, but it sounds reasonable the condo owners say stay off the  common area property we own.

They probably liked the grass so they could s... there? And many thought the Ruskies were bad!

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

It's fair they stay out. Nobody wants to see their common areas covered in spit!

We were in Central food hall last week and a Chinese "low life"  walking through between the diners, started "hacking-up" and then stood over the litter bin spitting in it

If that wasn't bad enough he then went out to the toilet

Loud, Vulgar, disrespectful race 

thats why it is better to rent and move to another condo if you are not happy. house i bought was on a street next to a hotel being renovated. it was renovated twice in 4 years. 12 hours of jackhammering  a day sometimes 7 days a week. was horrible when my son was born. it was the same hotel on soi holiday that was confiscated last week due to being used by zero dollar chinese tourists. it was also right beside the reflection development. i wanted to move but it took 4 years to sell at a loss. i have always believed in buying property to live in, thailand changed that.

1 hour ago, DD13 said:

We were in Central food hall last week and a Chinese "low life"  walking through between the diners, started "hacking-up" and then stood over the litter bin spitting in it

If that wasn't bad enough he then went out to the toilet

Loud, Vulgar, disrespectful race 

Well I'm glad they were loud enough to call me when I dropped my wallet on the street in Shenzhen. 

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

" keep them off the common area " 

Herding cats springs to mind there ..

Agreed, like holding back the tide.

I remember renting a beach-front 'villa' once and was woken up by a large gang of Chinese sitting on the loungers and chairs on my terrace making hell of a racket at 6am!

Edited by jacko45k

When I worked in China at one we stayed near (Within 100k in China is near) Shaolin Temple and the Terracotta army. We went to the Shaolin temple and it was a nightmare, they have shuttle buses to take you up the hill and its a scum down to get a seat, Guides with Megaphones conducted the commentary to several different hoards at one time, another scrum down to get a view of any attraction, litter and empty water bottles strewn everywhere. I made the mistake of going to the Toilet for a piss and it was a trough cut into a concrete floor full of <deleted>.So I never went to see The Terracotta army.

Off topic point Worked in Wuhan, Guangzhou, Xi'an, Zhengzhou and many other smaller towns, It's common to see little kids poohing in the street they actually have a flap on the back of their trousers to allow that to happen , so add that gobbling and slurping and disguting table manners, I've seen a Government official bark up a grolly and gob it under the table at a company dinner. I feel the pain of the people who are having their homes invaded. Rant over

The hotel would be pretty pissed off if it was the other way around...apart from that,they better get use to it quick.Just down the road a big Chinese project is under construction and more are coming. Chinese developer selling direct to Chinese is the next big thing in Pattaya. Good or bad,guess that depends on who you are asking. It did take awhile before people got use to the Russians so why would it be any different this time.

4 hours ago, golfho said:

Thats what you get when you do business with the israeli

Tulip Group and the owner Kobi.  Same crap at Centara Avenue

in central Pattaya.

Tulip Group has nothing to do with Reflections or their hotel building behind the two condo buildings.

59 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Off topic point Worked in Wuhan, Guangzhou, Xi'an, Zhengzhou and many other smaller towns, It's common to see little kids poohing in the street they actually have a flap on the back of their trousers to allow that to happen , so add that gobbling and slurping and disguting table manners, I've seen a Government official bark up a grolly and gob it under the table at a company dinner. I feel the pain of the people who are having their homes invaded. Rant over

They are Thailand's new quality tourists

They got them to replace us.

Ha Ha,  your welcome :thumbsup:

Different strokes. Stirring up racial hatred won't go anywhere near to helping the situation. Hawking and public defacation are not confined to the Chinese. I have seen it in Pattaya (though rarely) from locals and more frequently up country. Chinese regard blowing ones nose contents into a tissue or handkerchief as quite diagusting. They are here to stay and the younger ones with plenty of money are more assimilated. I have always found younger Chinese to be well educated, polite and pleasant. Don't let a tiny minority colour your view of them all.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Different strokes. Stirring up racial hatred won't go anywhere near to helping the situation. Hawking and public defacation are not confined to the Chinese. I have seen it in Pattaya (though rarely) from locals and more frequently up country. Chinese regard blowing ones nose contents into a tissue or handkerchief as quite diagusting. They are here to stay and the younger ones with plenty of money are more assimilated. I have always found younger Chinese to be well educated, polite and pleasant. Don't let a tiny minority colour your view of them all.

With the greatest of respect Champers old boy they are not in the minority .. The ones that spit on the pavements spit on the beach pick their noses and light up in Restaurants along with blocking up both sides of beach road after returning from the isle are It has to be said more of a majority and a pretty bad mannered one at that .. 

2 minutes ago, champers said:

You could probably apply that to Beijing, Shanghai and Maybe Guangzhou. The vast majority who live out in the other less westernized cities where I have worked are nothing like that. They are Dickensian places. Some examples, I ended up in Hospital twice in China, the first time because the corneas in my eyes were burned from using copy shampoo that had too much alkaline in it. I bought the shampoo thinking was genuine as it was a popular brand. Secondly, I ended up in Hospital with kidney stones from drinking contaminated milk powder (You may remember the melamine in baby milk story, it was not just baby milk), we used milk power because there was no fresh milk available. Both times I went to a hospital they gave me morphine, you have to buy the morphine from the Pharmacy and give to the nurse to stick in a drip and wire you up to it. I was in a room with dozens of other people who were all on Morphine drips. Read Mao's Great Famine and you'll see why they are how they are.

13 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

You could probably apply that to Beijing, Shanghai and Maybe Guangzhou. The vast majority who live out in the other less westernized cities where I have worked are nothing like that. They are Dickensian places. Some examples, I ended up in Hospital twice in China, the first time because the corneas in my eyes were burned from using copy shampoo that had too much alkaline in it. I bought the shampoo thinking was genuine as it was a popular brand. Secondly, I ended up in Hospital with kidney stones from drinking contaminated milk powder (You may remember the melamine in baby milk story, it was not just baby milk), we used milk power because there was no fresh milk available. Both times I went to a hospital they gave me morphine, you have to buy the morphine from the Pharmacy and give to the nurse to stick in a drip and wire you up to it. I was in a room with dozens of other people who were all on Morphine drips. Read Mao's Great Famine and you'll see why they are how they are.

They are moving further away from their Maoist past and the very fact that so many can actually afford a holiday, and go outside China, is testament to that. Yes, some display their less attractive and ingrained habits for all to see and condemn.

I don't like the anti-Chinese hysteria being whipped up by Thais and farangs alike (see this weeks Pattaya News headlines). The economic future of this country; and many others globally; is dependant on Chinese investment. That doesn't altogether give me an easy feeling, but you cannot deny reality. 

Edited by champers

1 minute ago, champers said:

They are moving further away from their Maoist past and the very fact that so many can actually afford a holiday is testament to that. Yes, some display their less attractive and ingrained habits for all to see and condemn. I don't like the anti-Chinese hysteria being whipped up by Thais and farangs alike (see this weeks Pattaya News headlines). The economic future of this country; and many others globally; is dependant on Chinese investment. That doesn't altogether give me an easy feeling, but you cannot deny reality. 

Not denying any reality at all mate, just telling what the reality is of living there and why they behave like they do, They have not moved on from Mao he is still worshipped as their savior. Read the award winning book written in 2010 by professor of History Frank Dikkotor , Mao's Great Famine That I mentioned if you are as interested in Chinese culture as I am..