Locals scared witless as driverless pick-up moves all by itself!

webfact

12 hours ago, digger70 said:

Have you heard of putting the car in Park/and or handbrake on?Then it won't move!

On my 'hi-tech' Toyota Vigo, I cannot take the key out if it is not in park, nor can I start it,.   or put it in gear if the engine is not running.

10 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

I have. But generally you put a manual transmission car in first or second gear when parked, so that the handbrake won't get stuck when not using it for some time. Definitely in freezing temperatures you shouldn't use the handbrake while parked. 

Btw. even with the handbrake on the car will move when left in a low gear. So your solution with handbrake only works when also leaving the car in neutral. Don't know anyone who does this. Also why bother? In case of your car burning it moving or not is the least of your concerns. 

Freezing temperatures in THailand?

13 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

I have. But generally you put a manual transmission car in first or second gear when parked, so that the handbrake won't get stuck when not using it for some time. Definitely in freezing temperatures you shouldn't use the handbrake while parked. 

Btw. even with the handbrake on the car will move when left in a low gear. So your solution with handbrake only works when also leaving the car in neutral. Don't know anyone who does this. Also why bother? In case of your car burning it moving or not is the least of your concerns. 

The hand brake won't get stuck in Thailand  not much chance of Frost here,,,My car Won't move in low gear an handbrake on.No car should move if the handbrake is in good/adjusted order,a manual car should stall if you let the clutch out with the car in low gear and handbrake on.an auto just sits there and moan,but will not move.  (: