Safety, speed signs painted on railway road

Rimmer

Safety, speed signs painted on railway road

1252-n5City.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya workers painted warning signs and speed limits on the railway parallel road to reduce accidents.

The stretch of roadway near Thamsamakee Temple has seen more than its fair share of accidents, usually due to speeding and illegal turns.

Workers painted white arrows on red backgrounds to indicate the correct direction for traffic. Three sets measuring 30 sq. meters were painted.

Speed limit signs indicating 30-, 40- and 60-kilometer per hour zones, each two meters tall, were painted in three lanes.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/safety-speed-signs-painted-railway-road-181792

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-07-28

14 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

They ignore red lights  so a big 40 in the middle of the road is in ashtray and motorbike territory

Well, somebody got a kick-back from the paint contract. That's all that seems to matter.

1 hour ago, Dave67 said:

They ignore red lights  so a big 40 in the middle of the road is in ashtray and motorbike territory

There is a stop sign right outside the shop that I people watch one or two hours every day ;every day for the last 4 months I've never seen anyone stop at that stop sign;

Have often wondered if the drivers actually know what that large red stop sign that says stop in large Thai letters is

"Speed limit signs indicating 30-, 40- and 60-kilometer per hour zones, each two meters tall, were painted in three lanes."

I know this is Thailand and they'll find ways , but a 2 metre tall sign would sure slow me down a bit

Just now, johng said:

The speed is limited only by the horrendous road surface that resembles a moto cross circuit.
1501291167098.jpg

Yeah I only use the bypass from Khao Talo down to the 36 and for the most part it is fairly decent, I do understand it is a bit ordinary in the other direction though.

They would be better served painting lines at road junctions; as it is, no one has right of way and it's a free-for-all.  The old SAS motto is very apt - 'He who dares/is stupid enough/bigger/heavier/blind/drunk wins.

On 7/30/2017 at 10:55 AM, mikebell said:

They would be better served painting lines at road junctions; as it is, no one has right of way and it's a free-for-all.  The old SAS motto is very apt - 'He who dares/is stupid enough/bigger/heavier/blind/drunk wins.

The problem is a bit of a legacy from the past. Technically the newer railway road has right of way, but the East/West road drivers think they still do. Painting lines, while not completely solving the problem, would certainly clarify the issue a bit; although that is far too simple and cheap a solution for the Pattaya authorities to get their heads around.

On 7/28/2017 at 5:27 PM, bberrythailand said:

Have you seen cops roadblock on this road or is it safe ?

I been driving there every day sins it open.Turist buses come in 100 km and go from lane to lane, and block all tree lanes at soi Kaho talo.it's sickening.My kids school road???