Chinese kid pooping outside Central Festival

balo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/07/2017 at 0:32 PM, MaxLee said:

Well, Balo, since you posted that, be careful that you're not getting charged for "DEFAMATION OF THE NEW TOURIST GUESTS OF CHINA", courtesy of the TAT who welcomes Chinese as the new premier tourists 

just saying,....

Should that read Defecation of the new tourists guests from China .. :smile:

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

It's not the sort of thing most folk would take the time to differentiate between is it .? I mean most folk tend to give dogs eggs a big swerve anyway .. Why would you want to investigate if it was a canine or human log .! bizarre ..  

You can't tell the droppings of your own species? :stoner:

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You can't tell the droppings of your own species? :stoner:

To be perfectly honest no .. Its not something that would be considered normal where I come from .. looking at turds .. What are you into that skat nonsense .. 

6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

It's not the sort of thing most folk would take the time to differentiate between is it .? I mean most folk tend to give dogs eggs a big swerve anyway .. Why would you want to investigate if it was a canine or human log .! bizarre ..  

"In medicine and biology, scatology or coprology is the study of feces. Scatological studies allow one to determine a wide range of biological information about a creature, including its diet (and thus where it has been), health and diseases such as tapeworms."

Reminds me of the old joke:

"Looks like dog poop."

"Smells like dog poop."

"Tastes like dog poop."

"Sure glad we didn't step in it!"

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:04 AM, JayBird said:

Perhaps there should be 'chinese' only toilets, which is just a room with some straw thrown onto the floor?

The straw sounds like an extravagance for them.  Do they start grazing after they poo or something?

The straw sounds like an extravagance for them.  Do they start grazing after they poo or something?

I remember the wife talking to the woman who looked after the toilets at floating market .she hated the Chinese as they even tried to sneak in to save 5 baht.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 28.7.2017 at 9:53 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Disgusting and no excuse for it.

I dont agree. I have children in the "no diaper" age. Dont judge the parents unless you know the full story. Having children you sometimes have to compromise on personal boundaries. If the kid says I have to go, and you know that these few weeks "have to go" means now now now now, you chose between a dirty pant with the cleanup job that is and a humiliating experience in public, well you might chose the humiliation.

Oh and thread starter might want to anonymnize the faces on photo. Unless you asked for permission to use the photo, this is pretty much illegal to post.

12 minutes ago, xminator said:

Oh and thread starter might want to anonymnize the faces on photo.

As I already have been explaining , you can't see their faces clearly , The picture were taken from a long distance, and they were facing the other way. I would have blurred their faces if it was any closer. 

I dont agree. I have children in the "no diaper" age. Dont judge the parents unless you know the full story. Having children you sometimes have to compromise on personal boundaries. If the kid says I have to go, and you know that these few weeks "have to go" means now now now now, you chose between a dirty pant with the cleanup job that is and a humiliating experience in public, well you might chose the humiliation.

Oh and thread starter might want to anonymnize the faces on photo. Unless you asked for permission to use the photo, this is pretty much illegal to post.

Problem is they don't pick up after their kids.

Have I exhausted this thread?

IMG_0083.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, xminator said:

Having children you sometimes have to compromise on personal boundaries.

I think just about everybody who has had children and been in this situation would agree with you. 

However you will have probably noticed that this thread has broadened to incorporate some of the other habits experienced here by "Thailand's preferred tourists", such as clipping their toenails on the table in a coffee shop, smearing faeces around the walls of a toilet, spitting often and just about anywhere it seems, totally ignorant as regards social skills...............etc.

It would also appear from other posts that these sort of habits are commonplace in China and can be experienced on subways and on the streets.

However, surely that is not what we want happening here?

On 7/28/2017 at 3:19 PM, diddygq said:

Yep, a normal thing when I lived in Zhengzhou, China.  It's normal for the babies, toddlers, and children usually have a hole cut in the back of their undies and they just pop a squat.  The children usually carry some tissue with them for a gift wrapping on top of their business.  I've seen a few adults do it but it's not as common. Possibly because their public bathrooms are in the worst conditions you could ever imagine (Squatters, no doors, hole in the ground, literally shit everywhere, and the worst smell humanly known to man). It's a little different in first tier cities like Szchenchen and Shanghai but a normal thing in every other city.   That being said, you think that would be on the list of things their tour guide should educate them on what not to do in any other country in the world. 

I lived in Kunming and on my first visit to China (which happened to be to Kunming) in 2009 for a short 3 day trip the first thing I saw in the morning the day after my arrival when I went for a jog with a family member who accompanied me on the trip was a grown lady, perhaps 35-45 years old taking a dump on the sidewalk (footpath). That image has stayed with me all these years - fortunately it's not so common for adults in China to do this but children do it all the time. Even saw someoneallowing their toddler (who was around 3 at the time I guess) to take a crap in the (get this) diaper (nappy) aisle of the local Carrefour supermarket! Maybe the parents were making a statement against all those greedy diaper manufacturers?!

2 minutes ago, jimster said:

I lived in Kunming and on my first visit to China (which happened to be to Kunming) in 2009 for a short 3 day trip the first thing I saw in the morning the day after my arrival when I went for a jog with a family member who accompanied me on the trip was a grown lady, perhaps 35-45 years old taking a dump on the sidewalk (footpath). 

Similar experience on my first trip to KL, first morning there, wandering along a fairly busy road, Indian guy just drops his trousers and has a dump. I knew they do it in India but not exactly what I was expecting in KL!

22 hours ago, balo said:

As I already have been explaining , you can't see their faces clearly , The picture were taken from a long distance, and they were facing the other way. I would have blurred their faces if it was any closer. 

Why? There is no law that says this is necessary. If parents have no shame in allowing their children to take a dump in public, then they should have no shame in expecting to see their pictures spread on social media. That's just the way society is nowadays - if someone steps out of line, you shame them. I don't necessarily condone this act, but in the digital age this is what happens. I too would have taken their picture but probably would have only shared their picture and a short story on my personal FB or LINE/WeChat feeds, not here.

People not standing up for pregnant women on public transport, the Thais that stepped into an area they weren't supposed to in Yellowstone national park and all sorts of other relatively minor transgressions are enough to grab people's attention and get them to post video and images of these events on social media. If you're out in public, behave yourself otherwise you could be filmed and in for some embarrassment. Just like when I was in a rural part of China once and some noodle seller took my picture without my permission - I didn't like it and I tried to hide my face (I didn't do anything wrong other than being a foreigner, lol) but unless you actually tell the individuals taking your picture to stop, there's nothing you can do to prevent your images from appearing online. Of course this will generally only happen if you actually did something that is against the law, or against local customs or common decency.

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Similar experience on my first trip to KL, first morning there, wandering along a fairly busy road, Indian guy just drops his trousers and has a dump. I knew they do it in India but not exactly what I was expecting in KL!

Interesting. I too would never expect to see that in a country like Malaysia. But I have to admit that for a country that is supposedly more developed than Thailand, some of their public restrooms can be quite nasty. Nothing like in China or anything, but if the "level of civilisation in the toilet determines the level of civilisation in society" as an ad for an English language school in a restroom at Kunming airport once stated, then I don't know where Malaysia stands.

2 minutes ago, jimster said:

... I don't know where Malaysia stands.

I'd say they're fairly up there (in KL at least). I've never seen a dodgy squat toilet in KL but I did in the Moulin Rouge and a "posh" restaurant down the road from it so I wonder where that puts France on the scale :biggrin:

Before the French members pounce, I love Paris :sorry:

A SERIAL shoplifter has been dubbed the ‘Poo Bomber’ by Australian police after being caught “defecating” in the shops she steals from.

The 42-year-old has appeared in court several times and once nicked £106 worth of clothes before emptying her bowels on the shop floor and exiting.

According to a police report, she “stood still with her legs partially apart between a row of display stands” at a Best & Less store, in Mittagong, just south of Sydney.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4234719/serial-shoplifter-who-gets-such-a-thrill-from-stealing-she-poos-all-over-shop-floors-is-causing-a-stink-in-australian-town-as-court-wont-jail-her/

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

Indian guy just drops his trousers and has a dump. I knew they do it in India but not exactly what I was expecting in KL!

Commonplace in India (and from what I've been reading the same in China) as this excerpt from another post points out.............

"Just building toilets is not going to solve the problem (of Indians defecating in the streets/open), because open defecation is a practice acquired from the time you learn how to walk. When you grow up in an environment where everyone does it, even if later in life you have access to proper sanitation, you will revert back to it," says Sue Coates, chief of Wash (water, sanitation and hygiene) at Unicef.

India will be free of open defecation only when "every Indian household, every village, every part of Indian society will accept the need to use toilets and commit to do so", she says.

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
Inflammatory comment removed

2 hours ago, irishken said:

The next time the Wife has a go at me for the time "someone" crapped under the apple tree upon returning pissed drunk from a Liverpool game, i'm showing her this thread.

Bloody disgusting behaviour. 

Reminds me of the time I woke up bleary eyed and very much worse for wear and "someone" was having a crap in a bidet wondering why on earth there were two toilet's in one small bathroom. The cleaner was not a happy senorita

Edited by Rc2702

On 8/16/2017 at 0:25 PM, Salerno said:

A friend of mine was on a bus in Bihar in North India about 20 years ago, and had the unfortunate experience of witnessing one of the passengers take a dump in the aisle.

Saw something similar in NJ some years back.  Father was walking with his kid, let the kid pee on the side of a car, then walked into the apartment building right next door.   Hmm - maybe a hated neighbor???

Edited by snooky

On 7/28/2017 at 2:32 PM, balo said:

I think its just tradition , after reading a few articles about this weird behavior. in China 

The kid could have waited or shit his pants . 

I've just returned from China after most of the last 2 and a half years there. Aint no 'tradition' I've ever seen, except in where parents are very weak with their kids, notably boys! Plenty of gruff, noisy spitting, though, even from a lot of old ladies as they pass by you, and some of the younger men, 20-30s, sometimes seem to make it some macho point to noisily hoyk one out right in front of you! But these are arseholses, just as I've indicated as much to them (to absolutely dumbfounded blank looks.. these chaps ain't bright!).. say what you will about this place, but my experiences in China have certainly made me very VERY glad to be back in Thailand!!! :wai:

On 8/16/2017 at 0:40 PM, Gregster said:

A SERIAL shoplifter has been dubbed the ‘Poo Bomber’ by Australian police after being caught “defecating” in the shops she steals from.

The 42-year-old has appeared in court several times and once nicked £106 worth of clothes before emptying her bowels on the shop floor and exiting.

According to a police report, she “stood still with her legs partially apart between a row of display stands” at a Best & Less store, in Mittagong, just south of Sydney.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4234719/serial-shoplifter-who-gets-such-a-thrill-from-stealing-she-poos-all-over-shop-floors-is-causing-a-stink-in-australian-town-as-court-wont-jail-her/

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Nevermind 'just' the horrible mess to be cleaned up, this low-life must absolutely f* stink!!! :shock1::post-4641-1156693976:

• 3 weeks later...

No I am not! But are u offended to see the taxi and motorcycle guys  do this?.

Here's a bit more. Rajmangla stadium ATM BBL. Smells of piss every am.why.. Thai taxi bikers use it at night..

Sorry, but these things need time to be inculcated into our habits. ITS NOT EVERYONE WHO DOES IT-That's all!!

cheers mate! Dont loose your sleep over these issues.