proof of residence letter... Photos required?

3 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Can anyone remember how much it costs?

It is 200 baht at Chaeng Wattana immigration and that includes the fee for sending it by EMS to you in about 3 weeks.

I assume you are doing 90 day reports to them. If not they will not do it.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 200 baht at Chaeng Wattana immigration and that includes the fee for sending it by EMS to you in about 3 weeks.

Thanks Joe

I am not sure where my 90 day reports get done, the girl at the office  handles all that

I wanted to get it immediately and go to department of land transportation in the morning

Is post the only way to get it done? 

5 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

I am not sure where my 90 day reports get done, the girl at the office  handles all that

I wanted to get it immediately and go to department of land transportation in the morning

Is post the only way to get it done? 

Unless you got your extension at the one stop center that is where your reports were done. Your receipt should show where it was done.

They will only send them to you by EMS.

If you have a work permit you don't need a certificate of residence.

On 7/31/2017 at 1:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

residence certificate only issued if doing/already done 90-day reports?

am scheduled to get the o-conversion stamp this week, would like to apply for the res cert while there to get drivers license.  apparently can not, but when?

can apply when doing first 1-year extension, or must wait until first 90-day report?

Edited by ChouDoufu

9 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

can apply when doing first 1-year extension, or must wait until first 90-day report?

You will have to do a 90 day report before they will do one. Others have been refused with a similar situation as yours.

Or you could proof of address from your embassy instead of waiting.

On 31/07/2017 at 2:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

Unless you got your extension at the one stop center that is where your reports were done. Your receipt should show where it was done.

They will only send them to you by EMS.

If you have a work permit you don't need a certificate of residence.

I haven't a work permit 

I got a dependant  visa 

Wife works but I retired and the company that do hers arranged mine

17 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

I haven't a work permit 

I got a dependant  visa 

Wife works but I retired and the company that do hers arranged mine

You will still have to go to the one stop center to get your certificate of residency since that was where your extension was done.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

trust your advice 100%; question tho: how can the embassy certify where you live ? my nearest embassy is a 4 hour drive; i could tell them anything....

8 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

trust your advice 100%; question tho: how can the embassy certify where you live ? my nearest embassy is a 4 hour drive; i could tell them anything....

You get a letter stating something like, "Mr Yet Another has stated he resides at 135, Moo 7, ......" on Embassy headed paper. This keeps everybody happy and you can register a vehicle or get a driver's licence.

You are correct to point out the apparent lunacy of the paper chase.

9 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

The department of land transport only wants a official looking document from some entity such as a embassy. They don't care  if is correct or not.

I don't think any embassy certifies it. Mine does it as a affidavit and they witness my signature after swearing it is true and correct.

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

But, if your embassy somehow rumbles that their address certification is based on false info that you have provided, you might find yourself in breach of some law back in your home country - and, hence, in hot water next time you set foot there.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to do a 90 day report before they will do one. Others have been refused with a similar situation as yours.

I Have a Non O Multiple entry (married to a Thai),Can I still obtain a proof of residence for a driving licence from Immigration in Bangkok?Have heard some people this can be done at a local Police station (as have multiple entry no 90 day reporting is done).

Cheers

On 8/2/2017 at 8:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

...Or you could proof of address from your embassy instead of waiting.

related question......

is there any time remaining/validity requirement for foreign

DL's as there is with passports?

anyone ever refused a thai DL because their stateside license

only had 2 or 3 months left before expiry?

On 02/08/2017 at 10:36 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will still have to go to the one stop center to get your certificate of residency since that was where your extension was done.

I learned the hard way 

Waited 6hrs at chaeng wattana and finally got to see the officer who typed my passport number into the computer and told me I can't get it here.... 

I need to apply at chamchury Square office.... ☺️

4 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes I know but they wanted all original

3 to purchase vehicle on HP

& 1 for new License 

It was possible to use a high quakity colour photocopy in the past but too many people used it and then the embassies starting putting a photograph on the page and  stamping the photo as well (so they can still charge their citizens   2800thb for a piece of paper several times a year) 

It's actually ridiculous that you need  separate ones if you want to sell your previous motorcycle and then buy a new one etc

On a  scooter that adds ~10% to the price... 

On 8/2/2017 at 8:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

UBJ;

I'm confused on this proof of address from the embassy; how in the world do they know where I live?  unless it's just some sort of a notary stamp...(paying for the notary)

3 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

It was possible to use a high quakity colour photocopy in the past but too many people used it and then the embassies starting putting a photograph on the page and  stamping the photo as well (so they can still charge their citizens   2800thb for a piece of paper several times a year) 

It's actually ridiculous that you need  separate ones if you want to sell your previous motorcycle and then buy a new one etc

On a  scooter that adds ~10% to the price... 

Not know why from Embassy but as stated i got mine from Immi at 500 bht a piece 

Just now, YetAnother said:

UBJ;

I'm confused on this proof of address from the embassy; how in the world do they know where I live?  unless it's just some sort of a notary stamp...(paying for the notary)

They don't really care where you live or make any effort to check tbh 

They are making a fortune from these pieces of paper at 2800 a pop

My license was so worn away the address was unreadable and they allowed me to write whatever I wanted as my address

At immigration the girl automatically used a previous address she had on the computer without asking me  for any supporting documents  and when I got the form it was my previous address but I didn't bother going back to complain about it lol

5 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Not know why from Embassy but as stated i got mine from Immi at 500 bht a piece 

Immigration asked me for 500 per copy on Monday 

Probably cheaper to get by post like Joe said

Anyone know the, email address to apply?