Riot police ready for Yingluck supporters

webfact

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

the truth is that Thailand is alot more stable with someone in charge who can control fighting parties as has been witnessed in the past ....  quite simple really. :coffee1:

You haven't done as I suggested with those specs ... look underneath all the Junta b/.s ... jailings, disappearances, press gagging, Article 44, the sham of a constitution, money on subs and rail links before sorting out the infrastructure like flood prevention... need I go on.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe after the the verdict.. 

You are living in a dream! I wish you were right, though. :smile:

Just another appeal. That has to wait until some new organic laws is cleared. During that time it´s just going to be more information, speculation and boring news.

41 minutes ago, Get Real said:

You are living in a dream! I wish you were right, though. :smile:

Just another appeal. That has to wait until some new organic laws is cleared. During that time it´s just going to be more information, speculation and boring news.

Actually I don't find it boring at all I see it as a struggle for Thailand's soul. On the one side the Military Junta (they've got the guns) and the other a kinder more expansive paradigm of which Yingluck is an unwitting part.

Tried to help the farmers and it didn't work out now she's out of office they want a crucifixion (a crucifixion they have given themselves amnesty against if the tables turn).

This will consolidate their power and anyone not 'on message' watch out!  That's the message Thailand. A subjugated people.

Edited by binjalin

48 minutes ago, rtco said:

You haven't done as I suggested with those specs ... look underneath all the Junta b/.s ... jailings, disappearances, press gagging, Article 44, the sham of a constitution, money on subs and rail links before sorting out the infrastructure like flood prevention... need I go on.

And yet .. the truth is that Thailand is a lot more stable with someone in charge who can control fighting parties as has been witnessed in the past ....  quite simple really.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thai history?

Based on precedent, whatever happens, there will be plenty of erasures and it will be up to the likes of yourself and other TV worthies to speak the truth.

Even the ones that live far, far away from Isaan.

i was quoting someone else, just forget it. can't be bothered

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

The Junta's requirement in this is to keep the country's security and stability in tack.

The red shirts have a violent reputation as everyone well knows hence the prior warnings and the extra police.

I think if modern history of the past 40 years is to judge, then the Thai military also have a pretty violent reputation as well. 

This really is a sham of the highest order. It reminds me of a soviet style show trial. Justice is being seen to be done, but as to whether it is actually done...well no one (other than yingluck and her millions of supporters) seems to be interested in that minor and rather inconvenient detail. This is a passive warning to any future politicians who rock that boat, by burying YL so deep in the brown stuff, that no one will ever dare upset the status quo on any future government. 

Not overlooking the entire background of a government which by definition of a coup is actually ahem.... not strictly legal and has granted itself from amnesty from future prosecution. 

I mean imagine if the shinawatras had tried such a stunt :shock1:

3 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

And yet .. the truth is that Thailand is a lot more stable with someone in charge who can control fighting parties as has been witnessed in the past ....  quite simple really.

Thailand is not stable under a military regime.  That is a façade that will not last forever.  All the same divisions are still there.  Rather than attempt reconciliation the junta and those they serve are hell-bent on repression and denial. The junta is in place to safeguard the ongoing situation of patronage and inequality that serves the country's elite... quite simple really.

4 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Is it stability or fear of what might happen to you and your family if you speak up? 

As for the control of fighting parties... well there aren't any parties as they have all been effectively dissolved as political gathering over 5 people are banned. 

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thai history?

Based on precedent, whatever happens, there will be plenty of erasures and it will be up to the likes of yourself and other TV worthies to speak the truth.

Even the ones that live far, far away from Isaan.

just out of interest. what's a TV worthy? and what's the location regards to isaan got to do with anything, just a tad confused

1 hour ago, rtco said:

To be fair, continuing to progress the SRT's 20-year track-doubling programme, or (if it ever actually happens) getting the Chinese-Thai medium-speed heavy-freight railway underway,  are  examples of infrastructure-spending  ...  aren't they ? :whistling:

But I agree about needing more dam-spending, and the foolishness of the submarines (first down-payment on the first-sub), they're as wrong as the every-child-laptop scheme or the corner-the-world-market rice-scheme.  And the sight of a supposedly-populist government introducing a tax-break for new-car-buyers, well  ...  who was that ever supposed to benefit ?

2 hours ago, champers said:

Look. My new deoderant doesn't leave a nasty white stain.

Thanks for your contribution !  :wai:

It's a bit off-topic, but I've always wondered why there isn't more effort to target the current-government with political-humour, I mean there must be a lot of scope for it ? :wacko:

10 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

It's a bit off-topic, but I've always wondered why there isn't more effort to target the current-government with political-humour, I mean there must be a lot of scope for it ? :wacko:

Attitude adjustment and possibly lengthy jail term. That's why.

12 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

The PM does a stand up turn every Friday night at 8.15.

the truth is that Thailand is alot more stable with someone in charge who can control fighting parties as has been witnessed in the past ....  quite simple really. :coffee1:

Noted:  You are happy with an autocracy or an inept government controlled by inbred elites who are accountable to nobody.  You and the rest of Thailand do deserve better though, even if you do not want it.   

That would be true in every country in the world, but most prefer democracy.

so you have great respect for someone who costs the country billions in fraudulent rice schemes and held 16 bank accounts to keep it in ......

your not fussy who you hold respect for are you ... lol

the defence rests your honour ....  :coffee1:

Another strange allegation coming from the fantasy world of steven100.

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Guns, or at least " mind your fingers," clang. ,"Enjoy your striped suntan, see you in ten years"!

I don't think they were at the front of the queue when senses of humour were dished out...

Edited by JAG

7 hours ago, binjalin said:

She is heroic and tremendously calm and resilient and history will look back at this and weep. I have great respect for her and all the Thais I know are aghast at her treatment and they all wish her well against this tirade of hate from the Junta (and it seems from a few ill-informed TVF posters who really do think this is about RICE :cheesy:  ).  

Yet all Thais I know think she was just an instrument of her brother for the benefit of her family and was simply an actress reading a script.

But some ill-informed TVF posters try to dismiss the specific, i.e. negligence charge, because they, like her, cannot defend it. And they do seem to fall for the actress's performances.

The rice scheme negligence charge is simply the most convenient to get her out the way. But she may face other charges too by the look of things.

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yet all Thais I know think she was just an instrument of her brother for the benefit of her family and was simply an actress reading a script.

But some ill-informed TVF posters try to dismiss the specific, i.e. negligence charge, because they, like her, cannot defend it. And they do seem to fall for the actress's performances.

The rice scheme negligence charge is simply the most convenient to get her out the way. But she may face other charges too by the look of things.

"ill-informed ".... TVF-speak for  - "you don't agree with me, therefore you are ill-informed".

Just now, stephen tracy said:

"ill-informed ".... TVF-speak for  - "you don't agree with me, therefore you are ill-informed".

Its hard to defend the negligence charge mate.. was chair of the rice scheme but never there (not a single meeting).. was warned by international and national agencies.. but did not listen. 

Did not put the cost of the program in the central budget because it was cost neutral. (500 billion loss).

Said there was no corruption but her MP's are tied in fake G2G deals..

If that is not negligence. I would not know what is. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Either that or the major car manufacturers will move out due to the flood. The policy gave the car manufacturers reasons to stay. 

No, I don't agree, the car-policy was announced before the floods.

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its hard to defend the negligence charge mate.. was chair of the rice scheme but never there (not a single meeting).. was warned by international and national agencies.. but did not listen. 

Did not put the cost of the program in the central budget because it was cost neutral. (500 billion loss).

Said there was no corruption but her MP's are tied in fake G2G deals..

If that is not negligence. I would not know what is. 

When are you ever gonna stop talking about rice?  How many postings have you made that don't mention the word "rice".  This is not about rice, it's far bigger than that

2 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

When are you ever gonna stop talking about rice?  How many postings have you made that don't mention the word "rice".  This is not about rice, it's far bigger than that

You want it to be bigger.. because she is guilty here..

Its just convenient that it also means they can get at a Shin.

Its you guys standard defense when one of your guys does something wrong and get caught.. its political.. its this..its that.. deflection deflection...  

3 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

That Stephen is what the Shins and there defense team want you to think.

The fact is though, the devil is always in the detail. Pontificating about the big picture doesn't change the fact that this is a specific case, with a specific charge, and that up to now she and her team have put forward no defense.

It is the specifics of this case that the judges will decide on. That's how courts work.

That their are politics being played, that this is all candyfloss at the fair, confetti in the wind, doesn't matter one iota. She has to defend the actual charge, not try and change it to some more convenient discussion.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

You want it to be bigger.. because she is guilty here..

Its just convenient that it also means they can get at a Shin.

Its you guys standard defense when one of your guys does something wrong and get caught.. its political.. its this..its that.. deflection deflection...  

No Rob, I disagree completely.  This is about preserving and maintaining the age-old status quo of the system of patronage and feudalism.  The elites are terrified of the likes of Thaksin, not because he's a crook (they all are) but because he was perceived at posing a direct threat to the traditional lines of wealth and power. Prauth was assigned the task and he used Suthep to accomplish that (which the latter openly admitted). The whole thing is a terrible, ugly farce.  Why foreigners in Thailand would cheer such a thing on is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

That Stephen is what the Shins and there defense team want you to think.

The fact is though, the devil is always in the detail. Pontificating about the big picture doesn't change the fact that this is a specific case, with a specific charge, and that up to now she and her team have put forward no defense.

It is the specifics of this case that the judges will decide on. That's how courts work.

That their are politics being played, that this is all candyfloss at the fair, confetti in the wind, doesn't matter one iota. She has to defend the actual charge, not try and change it to some more convenient discussion.

It's a specific charge leveled by the most corrupt, venal coterie in the land. There is zero credibility in someone like Prayuth bringing charges against anyone for corruption or misuse of the state coffers.

No Rob, I disagree completely.  This is about preserving and maintaining the age-old status quo of the system of patronage and feudalism.  The elites are terrified of the likes of Thaksin, not because he's a crook (they all are) but because he was perceived at posing a direct threat to the traditional lines of wealth and power. Prauth was assigned the task and he used Suthep to accomplish that (which the latter openly admitted). The whole thing is a terrible, ugly farce.  Why foreigners in Thailand would cheer such a thing on is beyond me.

Thaksin and his family are elites. Only they wanted it all for themselves. 

Nothing to do with challenging the systems of patronage and feudalism per se - just who benefited the most.

Why some foreigners persist in pretending the Shins are anything more than that mystifies me.

You might disagree.. but the case is about rice.. its about negligence.. you want it to be bigger.. you want it to be many things.. but she is tried by law on a case.. and that case is solid. Its her own fault for not listening to the warnings.. ignoring them.. not showing up  at meetings and listening to her brother. She is responsible for her own actions. 

All your constantly doing is trying to deflect from the case .. changing the topic bringing the elites into it power and wealth.. just to deflect from the fact that she is guilty. Its quite standard tactics from your side. If guilty deflect.. talk about bad junta.. but never the real topic as you cant disprove the facts.