Video: Road rage fight as Vios driver goes to get a knife

webfact

Video: Road rage fight as Vios driver goes to get a knife

A video showed a violent altercation between a Vios driver and the driver of another vehicle in Chonburi.

The Vios driver was seen repeatedly going into the other vehicle. Finally he goes to the back of his car and retrieves a long knife.

The other vehicle takes off and the Vios driver slashes at it with his weapon. He then chases after the other vehicle.

It was caught on a phone in a car behind that was blocked in by the cars stopped in Sethakit Road in Muang district of Chonburi.

Manager reported that the two cars had been chasing each other for some time before they stopped to settle their differences.

Somchoke Taphon of Chonburi police said it looked like road rage.

He said it was probably caused by lane changing without indicating or one driver cutting in front of the other.

Police are studying CCTV and investigating the matter.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-01

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

lane changing without indicating

I told my wife Honda was producing a cheaper edition of the Jazz for the Thai market; it had no indicator mechanisms as Thais didn't understand how to work them.  It did come equipped with an extra vanity mirror and a hanger for a machete.  She didn't believe me about the extra mirror.

The RTP with their incredible powers of deduction again.. It looks like road rage.. smh ?

What's to investigate. Haul these idiots in. You already have a list of offences as long as your arm to book them with.. But no doubt they'll only be invited to the station at their leisure and it'll all be a misunderstanding

Thailand is a primitive country.

In the USA this would be a running gun battle using the latest American and Austrian firearms technology with full live HD video coverage by helicopter.

Thailand has a long way to go.  

Edited by NCC1701A

do you want to know more about Thai people? go drive a car for a while and you'll know exactly how their mentality works! I don't like generalism, but in this case I make an exception! so many nitwits on the road that have absolutely no clue about what's going on with being part of traffic! you wonder why there are no more accidents per day... I'm sure that half of the drivers have no drivers-licence, nor ever did any test... they just do something until it goes wrong... and then the family must help solve it due to lack of money...

25 minutes ago, khunpeer said:

I'm sure that half of the drivers have no drivers-licence, nor ever did any test...

Not many foreigners go through the regular driving license test for cars:

creeping around the office yard, stopping at STOP signs or the like, using the indicators when turning and doing some parking exercise.

That's it!

In Germany this goes under the name of "traffic kindergarten" for the little ones.

No practical driving school necessary, no practicing on the road at all before getting the license.

Now leave the yard and off you go (to Bangkok city traffic :crying:).

(I did the motorcycle license/test and so got some ideas what is happening at the DLT office)

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Why didn't the guy in 'the other car' just lock his doors and drive off. Idiot.

Because that is farang thinking, not acceptable here. 

High order critical thinking is not a feature of Thai society. :sad:

26 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So road rage only exists in developing countries? ??

No replies on this thread have said it ONLY happens in Thailand. Why cant you Thai apologists never accept negative news about Thailand ? Would you ever think about defending anything about your home country ?

No replies on this thread have said it ONLY happens in Thailand. Why cant you Thai apologists never accept negative news about Thailand ? Would you ever think about defending anything about your home country ?

I agree that incidents like this happen everywhere. Not sure how that makes me (or you) an "apologist". I would defend far more about my home country than I would Thailand! But to generalise that Thai men need developing (which is what I was commenting on) is, I'm sure even you would agree, is nonsense.

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Thailand is a primitive country.

In the USA this would be a running gun battle using the latest American and Austrian firearms technology with full live HD video coverage by helicopter.

Thailand has a long way to go.  

Hang in there... the RTP just took delivery of a large consignment of such weapons and I expect there will be more on the Thai streets soon.

16 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Only a knife!

Pathetic.

We have a small axe/hatchet in the driver's door.

I have a hammer under the seat and always a small can of powerful pepper spray that I get from the usa on my pants belt. 

But I wouldn't even stop to talk to them, what's the point? I'll drive on until I can't, then blast them with spray if it comes down to it. Hammer for a very last resort, but the spray should do the trick. 

Zero face to worry about for me. Staying alive is the name of the game. I'd rather run them over and pay their family off than get shanked by a rusty lawn tool.

8 hours ago, Nord X said:

If you read it on Thai Visa then it must be correct.

In that case he is correct. Why else do they use weapons and attack in numbers like primates? It's not a fight, they want to kill you. 

10 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I have a hammer under the seat and always a small can of powerful pepper spray that I get from the usa on my pants belt. 

But I wouldn't even stop to talk to them, what's the point? I'll drive on until I can't, then blast them with spray if it comes down to it. Hammer for a very last resort, but the spray should do the trick. 

Zero face to worry about for me. Staying alive is the name of the game. I'd rather run them over and pay their family off than get shanked by a rusty lawn tool.

I never encountered violence yet, not sure how I would respond.. stopping has no use given the language barrier. I speak Thai but probably not enough to calm down an enraged idiot.

Most of them are only tough if they have a gun or a knife. It is an even bigger pity that most of them have the mind of a 2 year old. Maybe someday they will grow up but from the news that could be a very long way away