bye bye STICKMAN

whiteman

This guy is doing nothing but getting his readers to show their support and just how big that support is. He is hoping that the guy he sold the site too will pay him a lot more and is trying to leverage his position. He did the same thing recently, said the end had come, the site was closing forever and guess what, a miracle. I am a fan of his site as it is one of the best for giving worthwhile and current information but when he goes public with his grievances regarding compensation then screw him. Deal with the current owner regarding this and stop trying to use your readers as pawns. If things don't work out to your satisfaction take a hike and enjoy your quiet life in Kiwi Land, your site will be missed but soon forgotten.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Gary A said:

I always liked Stickman until  he decided to go HiSo. Nothing he ever wrote or did entitled him to be HiSo. Bye Bye Stickman. No loss for me. He was no better or worse than the normal whore mongers. He eventually thought himself to be better than his regular readers.

I found his relevance had more to do with where I was in my own Thailand adventure than where he was.  I had just moved from a city in China where most of the expat community consisted of decent folks stuck on assignment in a pretty dismal area.  There was an air of "we're all in this mess together so we may as well make the best of it".   Very few intended to stay beyond their temporary assignments.  

The few western bar/restaurant owners were just normal guys with normal problems with staff and officials.  Foreign run services geared toward expats were pretty straight forward, and most of the guys who did get screwed got it from the locals.  Expecting more of the same in BKK, it wasn't until I read Stickman, Drummond and Barrow that I realized how different things (and especially how shady some of the foreigners) are in Thailand- for all kinds of reasons.

Admittedly, after a few dozen stories, they all pretty much read the same and since I took the first few to heart (and I don't drink or chase women for sport anyway), I don't find much relevance beyond being glad that I never got involved with any of them.  But all 3 (and some more I've forgotten) should be required reading for newbies.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:16 AM, Gary A said:

I always liked Stickman until  he decided to go HiSo. Nothing he ever wrote or did entitled him to be HiSo. Bye Bye Stickman. No loss for me. He was no better or worse than the normal whore mongers. He eventually thought himself to be better than his regular readers.

Judging from Stinkman's grammar and spelling, a "HiSo" who never studied past the 7th grade!  :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Is the site still working? Haven't been able to connect for a day or two.

Really wanted to find out how the drama ended.

It "ended" very predictably...which is to say, it didn't end at all.  And now he's gotten himself a free pass to not write an "opening piece" since, as he states every week now, "negotiations are ongoing"...so he fills each week's post with the minimum amount of rumors passed on to him from people he knows in Thailand that he can get away with, sticks an old photo or two in there (and the rest of the photos are "courtesy of Nana Plaza management"), and still gets to rake in his ad revenue (which is what it's all about in the end, anyway).

20 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

Judging from Stinkman's grammar and spelling, a "HiSo" who never studied past the 7th grade!  :cheesy:

He is far more successful though than a nobody such as you .Suck it up and stop being so jealous .

36 minutes ago, grollies said:

Really....who gives a shit?

I am taken aback by your uncouth language and lack of intellectual curiosity.  Please climb back into the primordial swamp from which you have briefly emerged.

boring site doe by a clueless amateur…walls of whiote text set against black backgrounds….impossible to read.

won't miss him….everything i know about thailand i learned the hard way….wouldnt have it any other way. too many kids want it all laid out these days.

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

boring site doe by a clueless amateur…walls of whiote text set against black backgrounds….impossible to read.

won't miss him….everything i know about thailand i learned the hard way….wouldnt have it any other way. too many kids want it all laid out these days.

Hard way can ruin you financially or emotionally .You still sound a bit damaged .Bless you .

Against my better judgement I occasionally look at his site.One striking aspect is how hideous the girls are that he expects his readers to admire - low grade snub nosed fatties with tats in the main.Am I alone in thinking this? I accept it could be the decline in the number of lookers in the bars which I deserted years ago.Why in a much richer Thailand would a cute girl on the make want to work in places like that with their sad down market clientele?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

24 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Against my better judgement I occasionally look at his site.One striking aspect is how hideous the girls are that he expects his readers to admire - low grade snub nosed fatties with tats in the main.Am I alone in thinking this? I accept it could be the decline in the number of lookers in the bars which I deserted years ago.Why in a much richer Thailand would a cute girl on the make want to work in places like that with their sad down market clientele?

Yes, most of them look like monkeys with make up ! No actually, not make up, but wall painting spread on their face !

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

You forget the belly stitches and stretch marks but you got the rest right

what stickman never seemed/seems to grasp is that, like any business heavily reliant on one key person, without that person there is not a lot to sell and therefore little intrinsic financial value. he was going on for ages about how the site was for sale and how much he thought, mistakenly, it was worth and surprise surprise it never sold as he wanted and he had to do a deal, that now seems to have gone bad. i actually wrote and explained (free of charge!) how his business model was flawed but he still didnt get it.

it was noticeable that he reverted in desperation to lowest common denominator content, almost every week it was driven by discussion, promotion and condoning of the sex industry; sex sells, but it seems even that could not save the site.

11 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The beauty of written language is that I don't have to learn by falling down a hole if someone has written, warning us about that hole.  And the grammar and syntax of that warning really aren't all that critical.

I'm sure there are quite a few guys who didn't lose their life savings specifically because Stick (and others like Drummond and Barrow) exposed the underbelly of "respectable" foreigners scamming their countrymen for all they could swindle.  And if not by name, he shed light on the genre.  Real eye openers, and all 3 should be required reading for noobs who don't want to learn the hard and expensive way.

Edited by impulse

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

The beauty of written language is that I don't have to learn by falling down a hole if someone has written, warning us about that hole.  And the grammar and syntax of that warning really aren't all that critical.

I'm sure there are quite a few guys who didn't lose their life savings specifically because Stick (and others like Drummond and Barrow) exposed the underbelly of "respectable" foreigners scamming their countrymen for all they could swindle.  And if not by name, he shed light on the genre.  Real eye openers, and all 3 should be required reading for noobs who don't want to learn the hard and expensive way.

Glad you read him then.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Nothing to contribute, but you just had to respond with a personal slight, eh?

Personal slight? I was merley resonding to your slight on 

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Real eye openers, and all 3 should be required reading for noobs who don't want to learn the hard and expensive way.

Noobs ! In your eyes of course. Beacuse they the noobs you refer to dont want to read rubish. Writen  by wannabee's who are followed blindly by mice.

Edited by jeab1980

16 hours ago, Oxx said:

I am taken aback by your uncouth language and lack of intellectual curiosity.  Please climb back into the primordial swamp from which you have briefly emerged.

.....says the man who gets his intellectual stimulation from the stickman column?

14 hours ago, samsensam said:

what stickman never seemed/seems to grasp is that, like any business heavily reliant on one key person, without that person there is not a lot to sell and therefore little intrinsic financial value. he was going on for ages about how the site was for sale and how much he thought, mistakenly, it was worth and surprise surprise it never sold as he wanted and he had to do a deal, that now seems to have gone bad. i actually wrote and explained (free of charge!) how his business model was flawed but he still didnt get it.

it was noticeable that he reverted in desperation to lowest common denominator content, almost every week it was driven by discussion, promotion and condoning of the sex industry; sex sells, but it seems even that could not save the site.

>>it was noticeable that he reverted in desperation to lowest common denominator content,<<

I did not notice any change ,as he always talked about naughty bars from early on .I started reading him around 2002 approx .

24 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Stickman.

Followers.

Charlatans.

I find it amusing how someone who's been successful in what he did attracts so many haters.  Jealous muchly? Reminded of how devoid of success your life is? Or just bitter and twisted?

Stickman, oh Stickman,
Why must you depart?
It seems old man Oxx,
Has taken to heart,
The fact that your leaving,
And, going to quit,
While some posters on here,
Really couldn't give a shit.

Stickman, oh Stickman,
You're selling your site,
Breaking news from Bangkok,
Especially at night,