bye bye STICKMAN

whiteman

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, Chou Anou said:

Haha...well, this thread isn't going to last very long... 

6 pages ain't bad.

Another provider of information that I miss is Trink. He tried to make a go of it on the internet, but apparently it didn't last long. Now he's history along with almost everything I enjoyed in the world, and the world is worse off without them.

'Nuf said.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

6 pages ain't bad.

Another provider of information that I miss is Trink. He tried to make a go of it on the internet, but apparently it didn't last long. Now he's history along with almost everything I enjoyed in the world, and the world is worse off without them.

'Nuf said.

He hasn't gone away you know .Stickman . 

9 hours ago, anto said:

Now he has finally gone today ,Sunday the 20 th of August 2017 ,or has he ? See his ''final ''?  column .

Reading his latest, final(?) column, I read a lot of frustration and disappointment between the lines, so I guess, 'that's it', except, perhaps, if the 'yellow fever' took hold of him, and he came back to Thailand.

7 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Reading his latest, final(?) column, I read a lot of frustration and disappointment between the lines, so I guess, 'that's it', except, perhaps, if the 'yellow fever' took hold of him, and he came back to Thailand.

He is a teacher, form a the beginning a loser who failed his life by going back where is he born like a good doggy.

This guy is ridiculous, not even able to also work on social networks and facebook, he is born loser and will die loser.

39 minutes ago, bberrythailand said:

He is a teacher, form a the beginning a loser who failed his life by going back where is he born like a good doggy.

This guy is ridiculous, not even able to also work on social networks and facebook, he is born loser and will die loser.

Crap post mate

2 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Well reasoned.

One of the few in this thread.

Man's a dog and writes for dogs and every dog has his day and his is up time for some new shiiiit. I looked at his site once worst facking site I ever saw I was looking for the Wix logo it was that bad. I'm surprised he didn't start asking for reader contributions to help his 3 soapy massage a week habit and the PCP he needed to deface the day. No offence intended btw just jumping on the bandwagon:-)

11 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

That's a shame. And he speaks so well of you lol

"As much as I like writing this column and running this site – and as willing as I am to continue with it – it’s too much work to do it for nothing."

It's interesting how something that starts out as a "labor of love" becomes "too much work to do for nothing". 

I've seen this exact same scenario occur on a number of sites. It seems that once monetized, the expectation changes. Early on, the hope is that people will read their "stuff". Once they begin to earn $'s, however, the expectation is that folks will pay more and more for their "stuff".

You see similar patterns with YouTube vloggers. Early on, they only want subscribers, but once the ad $'s begin to roll, the expectation is the $'s will just continue to roll. Now, that the ad $'s has been radically cut, they morph into e-beggars and threaten to stop unless people "pay up".

Problem with all of this is that with each site or vlogger that makes $'s, there are 10 copycats that want a "piece of the action".  The number of demands for sponsorship quickly exceeds the number of those willing to sponsor, leaving only small amounts to go around.

My other observation is that once monetized (sites or vloggers) they become "stale". The truly interesting ones are those attempting to expand their readers/viewers. It just seems that in that early stage, creativity is at the highest. It just might be that to breakout from the masses requires that the site or vids be unique or significantly different from all of the others. 

So, the question becomes, should we sponsor?  Well, we need sponsors in order to create that "brass ring" that the vloggers and webmasters seek. It's just that I prefer not to be one and prefer to seek out the sites/vids in the "growing/creative" stage.

Edited by Watchful

On 8/13/2017 at 11:42 PM, jayboy said:

Against my better judgement I occasionally look at his site.One striking aspect is how hideous the girls are that he expects his readers to admire - low grade snub nosed fatties with tats in the main.Am I alone in thinking this? I accept it could be the decline in the number of lookers in the bars which I deserted years ago.Why in a much richer Thailand would a cute girl on the make want to work in places like that with their sad down market clientele?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You may be alone and probably not in Thailand. 

EQ.jpg

He was his own worst enemy in this silly charade of will I stay or will I go?... He was supposed to disappear a few years back but sold the rights to the site and continued his weekly column being payed by his employers. Even with moving back to KiwiLand the weekly column was posted every Sunday afternoon. Then a few months back he started hinting once again that the end was near. AKA I want more money to continue as the tosser felt he was being underpaid and that due to popularity of the weekly column the new owners would cave in to his demands. Reality check for the guy, they stood firm and told him to go pound salt. The <deleted> picked up his ball and left the playground in a huff and hissy fit. As Clint Eastwood once famousily said " A mans got to know his limitations." Clearly in this case his ego exceeded his limitations. Adios Partner as you now ride off into the KiwiLand sunset.

Could you re-phrase that in English?

27 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:
23 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

Could you re-phrase that in English?

Please don't.  I doubt anyone is interested in the barely literate ramblings of a bitter and twisted nonentity.

Wasn't my thing but some of his cost of living and how to find apartments stuff was gold 15 years ago. At least he made something. Easier to tear something down than build something as you can tell by most of the posts here. Good luck to you Stick.  

58 minutes ago, idman said:

He was his own worst enemy in this silly charade of will I stay or will I go?... He was supposed to disappear a few years back but sold the rights to the site and continued his weekly column being payed by his employers. Even with moving back to KiwiLand the weekly column was posted every Sunday afternoon. Then a few months back he started hinting once again that the end was near. AKA I want more money to continue as the tosser felt he was being underpaid and that due to popularity of the weekly column the new owners would cave in to his demands. Reality check for the guy, they stood firm and told him to go pound salt. The <deleted> picked up his ball and left the playground in a huff and hissy fit. As Clint Eastwood once famousily said " A mans got to know his limitations." Clearly in this case his ego exceeded his limitations. Adios Partner as you now ride off into the KiwiLand sunset.

His website was at one time among the top 26,000 in the world out of 30 million ranked by Alexa.  By anybody with even half a brain that is a success.   

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What is the ranking now?

Must be down as the new owners were not promoting it properly .Stickman himself got it up there from nothing .The lad done well for himself .Now he can take things easy in Sunny Auckland ,NZ North Island . .I envy him .A decent bloke in my book .

Edited by anto