More filth and rubbish flowing into the sea in Pattaya

snoop1130

More filth and rubbish flowing into the sea in Pattaya

sdafgh.JPG

Daily News were the latest Thai media to get on the case of Pattaya for the rubbish and pollution flowing into the sea.

They printed a picture of a walkway in the Pratumnak area that is covered in rubbish and pollution.

It was meant to drain rainwater into the sea but now it just carries the trash that is lying all over the place into the ocean.

Locals said they had complained all year and nothing had been done to solve the problem.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/589243

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-8-2

Instead of launching useless "complaints" to Authorities, them not willing or able to do something about it, why not form some "neighborhood-anti-garbage-defense-leagues".

1 hour of Community-work per week per person would achieve more than launching complaints.

- Soon such efforts by citizens would hit Facebook, serving as a big wake-up call to "Authorities".

A case in point: Due to the lack of customers, the vendors of Jomtien-Beach have "packed it in". Never giving it any thought of cleaning up their own "place of business" to (re)-attract the Tourists.

Of course not, rather waiting for "government-action", or Farang-Tourists, forming voluntary Clean-up-Brigades (as has happened before).
Well, at the end of the day, it's a Mentality-Thing, unfortunately.
Cheers.

1 hour ago, swissie said:

Instead of launching useless "complaints" to Authorities, them not willing or able to do something about it, why not form some "neighborhood-anti-garbage-defense-leagues".

1 hour of Community-work per week per person would achieve more than launching complaints.

- Soon such efforts by citizens would hit Facebook, serving as a big wake-up call to "Authorities".

A case in point: Due to the lack of customers, the vendors of Jomtien-Beach have "packed it in". Never giving it any thought of cleaning up their own "place of business" to (re)-attract the Tourists.

Of course not, rather waiting for "government-action", or Farang-Tourists, forming voluntary Clean-up-Brigades (as has happened before).
Well, at the end of the day, it's a Mentality-Thing, unfortunately.
Cheers.

Methinks you do not understand the mentality of poor people. If something is outside their door, it's not their responsibility. If one is struggling merely to survive, rubbish is the least of one's concerns.

Perhaps some do not realise that Pattaya is not populated by the wealthy, except behind fences on gated estates.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Methinks you do not understand the mentality of poor people. If something is outside their door, it's not their responsibility. If one is struggling merely to survive, rubbish is the least of one's concerns.

Perhaps some do not realise that Pattaya is not populated by the wealthy, except behind fences on gated estates.

Are you thinking there are lots of poor people living beachfront in Pattaya?

There are loads of tourists travelling to Pattaya Thailand to see the sea and beach and eat seafood.

If the Thai are too lazy/dumb to clean the beaches they'll see what the tourists will do....i even can't remember when i swam in the sea overthere, last time i tried it the water made my skin ichy.

I guess the Thai like a foreign country  telling them to clean the beaches and stop polluting the sea. 

Most tourists do not go to Pattaya to swim in the sea.  They are there for the dining

the attractions, and of course the night life.  Oh  The Night Life!.  Maybe for some shopping

as well. Jomtien has a good base for being near Pattaya but more family friendly.  However

the sea is just about as bad, and swimming in the hotel pool is much preferred.

Just my observation of when I go to stay a while at Jomtien beach during the Winter.

Geezer

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Locals said they had complained all year and nothing had been done to solve the problem.

Maybe they should try to throw their garbage in designated trash cans. Then nobody need to fix any problem, right?

Edited by Get Real

I haven't been to Pattaya for about 30years but I can remember the huge stormwater drain on Beach Rd gushing out black water into the sea and people were swimming within 50 metres of it, I often wonder If they are still alive. :bah:

43 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Maybe they should try to throw their garbage in designated trash cans. Then nobody need to fix any problem, right?

Maybe they should get after the powers to provide some designated trash cans?
There seems to be a chronic shortage of such in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Most tourists do not go to Pattaya to swim in the sea.  They are there for the dining

the attractions, and of course the night life.  Oh  The Night Life!.  Maybe for some shopping

as well. Jomtien has a good base for being near Pattaya but more family friendly.  However

the sea is just about as bad, and swimming in the hotel pool is much preferred.

Just my observation of when I go to stay a while at Jomtien beach during the Winter.

Geezer

No you're quite right tourists now come to swim in the effluent .. And they come here for the dining .! Last time I looked there were but 2 Michelin rated restaurants here ..  have you ever seen the Chinese eating .? not what you might describe as " dining  " .. 

1 hour ago, eliotness said:

landfills, well just visit one or two,  that's IF you can find any.

There's one near me at Bang Saray.  When the wind is in the wrong direction you can smell it.  It's an area teeming with scavenging dogs.  Periodically it is set fire to and your house fills with (carcinogenic) smoke; your washing/garden/sois sprinkled with black ash.  The Fire Brigade turn up EVENTUALLY.

36 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Maybe they should get after the powers to provide some designated trash cans?
There seems to be a chronic shortage of such in Thailand.

Yep, that one is in the "Lack of 3" integrated system

Trash cans
Intelligence
Moral

25 minutes ago, mikebell said:

There's one near me at Bang Saray.  When the wind is in the wrong direction you can smell it.  It's an area teeming with scavenging dogs.  Periodically it is set fire to and your house fills with (carcinogenic) smoke; your washing/garden/sois sprinkled with black ash.  The Fire Brigade turn up EVENTUALLY.

Ah!!! One mystery solved.
I had wondered whence the periodic stench.

3 hours ago, Basil H J Hughes said:

Regarding volunteers to clean up the rubbish - they cannot under Thai law -- they do not have work permits and also those on Retirement visas are not permitted to do any work.

Clean up the rubbish??? This is something that is coming in from the ocean mostly. Has already made the water sick. I guess we are a little bit late for a gang of volounteers

Ohhh a new hub: Pattaya showing how to have one of the dirtiest beaches in this world and still attracting tourists to come!!!!!!

Ohhh most of the tourists do not come for to see dirty beaches...bars and sex and rockn roll is what they want to find in Pattaya and not much else!

5 hours ago, Basil H J Hughes said:

Regarding volunteers to clean up the rubbish - they cannot under Thai law -- they do not have work permits and also those on Retirement visas are not permitted to do any work.

That will be the classic catch 22 Baz, works every time