Did i get blacklisted? Is this a blacklist stamp?

6 minutes ago, Here2008 said:

I have no idea where you come from but I suggest you check facts with your countries immigration service. 

There goes the scaremongering again. Immigration in my country never checked anything apart from the first page ...and if my passport wouldn't be that worn, I could (like every other EU-citizen) just use the electronic gates with no actual officers having a look at my passport.

Edited by wump
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.8.2017 at 2:27 PM, stravers said:

I spent 3 nights in police station jail because I was arrested on Friday and 1 night in IDC in Bangkok and then 1 night locked in a paddy wagon outside the airport for 9 hours with no toilet. An adult girl and I both had to pee in separate bottles. Glad it was only pee!! We were locked in the wagon outside with a 14 year old Vietnamese girl.

100_2874.JPG

Thank you man for sharing this picture. So now we all know how a denial of entry stamp look like. As of 20th March 2016, anyone who overstays in Thailand can expect to be blacklisted and barred from re-entering Thailand. I guess you missed that. Before that it was a maximum fine of 20 000 baht. Four trips in and out of thailand a year requesting new visa costs more than that, so i suppose that was your intention of just paying the fine when leaving the kingdom. The visa run travels are both very exhausting and dangerous.

• Like 1

The last line ต.ม.อนุญาตให้ให้เดินทางออกไปในวันที่  translates to that the immigration allowed you to leave the country (on the first of august). I guess this will only be used in the future to show that you have been admitted to leave the country. Nothing here about denying entry in the future. I suggest you apply for a visa before your next visit and enter by land border in the south, then you can go straight back to malaysia if any problem.

Edited by Trollmann
  • Like 1

You were denied entry on August st under section 12 clause 7 of the immigration act.

7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the public or likelihood of being a
nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace or safety of the public or to the security of the public or
to the security of the nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign
governments.
Unless there is another stamp stating you are banned not shown you can try entering the country again.

my wife translated this and said he was caught with marijuana and has recieved a 2 year ban.. do this coincide with you?

Credit to the OP for one thing at least.

He did not start his thread with :

" A friend of mine ........bla bla bla  "

or

" I know this bloke who has a problem , ......bla bla bla "

Good luck with it . Kind of ironic that at a time when cannabis use is becoming more acceptable in many countries , you have fallen foul of Thai law.  Might well be that in the future it won't be illegal in Thailand.

• Like 1

Excluded vs prohibited.... It seem that the use of Section 12 you fell under the same group that does not have the 20 000 to present for the officer and will be excluded for entering the kingdom. Blaclisted for not bringing the 20k cash? i guess not.

Section 16 is for those Prohibited

See also section 11.

This article is about a very serious crime and she was deported but not blacklisted.

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/news/aussie-tourist-who-cried-rape-in-phuket-deported-today/

Chapter 2
Entering and Department the Kingdom

Section 11: Persons entering into or departing the Kingdom must other and leave by way of immigration check points , designated landing , stations or areas and in accordance to the prescribed time as published in the Government Gazette by the Minister.

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the Kingdom :

1. Having no genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of passport ; or having a genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of a passport without Visaing by the Royal Thai Embassies or Consulates in Foreign countries ; or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs , excepting if a visa is not required for certain types of aliens in special instances.

Visaing and visa exemption will be under the learn and conditions as provided in the Ministerial Regulations.

2. Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom.

3. Having entered into the Kingdom to take occupation as a laborer or to take employment by using physical without skills training or to work in violation of the Ministerial Regulations.

4. Being mentally unstable or having any of the disease as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.

5. Having not yet been vaccinated against smalllpox or inoculated or undergone any other medical treatment for protection against disease and having refused to have such vaccinations administered by the Immigration Doctor.

6. Having been imprisoned by the judgement of the Thai Court ; or by a lawful injunction ; or by the judgement of the Court of foreign country , except when the penalty is foe petty offense or negligence or is provided for as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations.

7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the public or likelihood of being a nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace or safety of the public or to the security of the public or to the security of the nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign governments.

8. Reason to believe that entrance into the Kingdom was for the purpose of being involved in prostitution , the trading of woman of children , drug smuggling , or other types of smuggling which are contrary to the public morality.

9. Having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under him

10. Being a person prohibited by the Minister under Section 16.

11. Being deported by either the Government of Thailand that of or other foreign countries ; or the right of stay in the Kingdom or in foreign countries having been revoked ; or having been sent out of the Kingdom by competent officials at the expense of the Government of Thailand unless the Minister shall consider exemption on an individual special case basis.

The examination and diagnosis of disease of a physical or mental nature , including protective operations as against disease , shall be conducted by the Immigration Doctor.

Section 16 : In the instance where for reason of national welfare or safeguarding the public peace, culture , morality , or welfare , or when the Minister considers it improper to allow any alien or any group of alien to enter into the Kingdom , the Minister shall have power to exclude said alien or group aliens from entering into the Kingdom.

http://www.thailawforum.com/database1/immigration-law-mejesty-2.html

Edited by Trollmann

I was deported 2 months ago and I do not miss Thailand. Great to be with my parents, likely for the last time.

My plan is to move full time to Philippines. The expats I speak with are very happy. With 7,400 islands, English everywhere, an extendable visa for little money, it's the place to be. I'm 100% sure many Thai based expats feel stuck. They cannot leave nor feel better about where they are. I should have left in 2014. From then on, I began feeling too uncomfortable in Thailand.

*I do miss my close friends but social media and Skype enables us to talk as clear as if we are in the same room.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tonray said:

Phils is a bit more violent. Bars on windows mandatory, gated communities with locked gates, and avoid the random thug with a gun (or 2) and you're really living it up !

In Manilla - yes - has that USA-city feel.  But I felt very safe in most of the country - Northern Luzon and Visayas; I never ventured to Mindanao.

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Phils is a bit more violent. Bars on windows mandatory, gated communities with locked gates, and avoid the random thug with a gun (or 2) and you're really living it up !

Reading this forum fences in just some of the violent stories occurring right here in Thailand (heaps more go unreported).

I speak with hundreds of Philippine based expats (many are former Thai based expats). They surely can't all be lying about their newfound happiness?

Edited by stravers
  • Haha 1

In Manila you can live in the BGC (Bonifacio Global City), it's a city within a city. Like a gated community, they don't let any beggars in, vagrants, etc. It feels like Singapore, clean, safe, wide sidewalks. It was originally a military camp, still often known as 'the Fort'. Closest thing in Bangkok would be the Thong Lo area. In Cebu you can live in IT Park, also safe.

In general as a foreigner you can afford to live in a secure condo, take Uber everywhere, just like Thailand, no reason to be walking down dark alleyways. So it isn't that unsafe and comparing the Philippines to Thailand on safety grounds is pretty dumb if you ask me, given all the deaths in Thailand.

Better to compare it in terms of internet (worse mobile 3G / more expensive for a good wifi connection at home), value for money accommodation (more expensive for what you get), the chicks (average facial features worse but you have more chance with the hottest ones). 

• Confused 1

On 8/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, 007 RED said:

You were deported for having Ganja in your possession.  Provided that there is not another stamp in your passport indicating that you are banned from future entry you should be OK.  That said, if you return to Thailand at some time in the future the moment that you present your passport to the immigration officer expect to be pulled to one side and questioned/searched.

You should also be aware that with that stamp in your passport you may also encounter problems when entering other countries.

It they can read thai. It's unlikely.

5 hours ago, jspill said:

In Manila you can live in the BGC (Bonifacio Global City), it's a city within a city. Like a gated community, they don't let any beggars in, vagrants, etc. It feels like Singapore, clean, safe, wide sidewalks. It was originally a military camp, still often known as 'the Fort'. Closest thing in Bangkok would be the Thong Lo area. In Cebu you can live in IT Park, also safe.

In general as a foreigner you can afford to live in a secure condo, take Uber everywhere, just like Thailand, no reason to be walking down dark alleyways. So it isn't that unsafe and comparing the Philippines to Thailand on safety grounds is pretty dumb if you ask me, given all the deaths in Thailand.

Better to compare it in terms of internet (worse mobile 3G / more expensive for a good wifi connection at home), value for money accommodation (more expensive for what you get), the chicks (average facial features worse but you have more chance with the hottest ones). 

My experience in the PI (but not in Manila, which is like another country), is that you can walk through generally-poor areas, and the locals won't mess with you - even late at night.  It may look like a place you would be killed (if in the USA, for being the wrong color, etc), but the difference is, the poor areas aren't infested with gangster-killers.  I have walked blocks through such areas many times, took jeepney public-transport almost always, and was never mugged or even threatened. 

Agree on the other comparisons, though.  I was amazed what some foreigners were paying for modest places there.  The other factor - hard to find anything between "shack" and "resort" in many areas - not enough middle-class to provide reasonably-priced options.   Immigration really roll-out the welcome-mat, though - really love foreigners who simply follow the rules - I miss that.

8 hours ago, tonray said:

...Which is why so many Filipinos end up working here for peanuts as domestics...their country is one of the most corrupt in the world, makes Thailand look like model for law and order. 

It's more a matter of population than relative-corruption.  Thailand got a handle on population-growth, and the PI didn't.  That is why you have a shortage of housing and so-called "bed space" rentals in the PI - people literally cannot even afford their "own room," thanks to wages falling to bare-subsistence, due to the labor-market being permanently flooded.  Of course, this contributes to desperation, and the amazing thing is how generally safe much of the country is, given the high numbers and %-of-population of poor people.

4 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:
On 8/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, 007 RED said:

You were deported for having Ganja in your possession.  Provided that there is not another stamp in your passport indicating that you are banned from future entry you should be OK.  That said, if you return to Thailand at some time in the future the moment that you present your passport to the immigration officer expect to be pulled to one side and questioned/searched.

You should also be aware that with that stamp in your passport you may also encounter problems when entering other countries.

It they can read thai. It's unlikely.

I think it would depend on which country you were trying to enter.

While I agree the immigration official you have first contact with is extremely unlikely to read Thai, part of their training will be recognizing deportation stamps of different countries. In countries with strict immigration controls, once a Thai deportation stamp is detected, I think they would want to know the details before allowing you to enter..

You would be pulled out of line, and actions taken to get the stamp translated. At larger airports, this would be easy, as there are multilingual interpreters available. At smaller airports, they might scan the stamp and send it off for translation. What would happen next would depend on the attitude towards marijuana possession. Ten years ago, you would be screwed. Today, many countries are fairly relaxed about pot for personal consumption, and you might be OK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

My experience in the PI (but not in Manila, which is like another country), is that you can walk through generally-poor areas, and the locals won't mess with you - even late at night.  It may look like a place you would be killed (if in the USA, for being the wrong color, etc), but the difference is, the poor areas aren't infested with gangster-killers.  I have walked blocks through such areas many times, took jeepney public-transport almost always, and was never mugged or even threatened. 

Agree on the other comparisons, though.

Oh yeah I'm not surprised at all. I wasn't saying anything is likely to happen if you walked down a dark alleyway, just that there's no reason to even bother doing so and test it out. 

7 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Agree on the other comparisons, though.  I was amazed what some foreigners were paying for modest places there.  The other factor - hard to find anything between "shack" and "resort" in many areas - not enough middle-class to provide reasonably-priced options.   Immigration really roll-out the welcome-mat, though - really love foreigners who simply follow the rules - I miss that.

It's more a matter of population than relative-corruption.  Thailand got a handle on population-growth, and the PI didn't.  That is why you have a shortage of housing and so-called "bed space" rentals in the PI - people literally cannot even afford their "own room," thanks to wages falling to bare-subsistence, due to the labor-market being permanently flooded.  Of course, this contributes to desperation, and the amazing thing is how generally safe much of the country is, given the high numbers and %-of-population of poor people.

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=21253

People can read a real assessment instead of anecdotal evidence from all of us:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/philippines.html

8 hours ago, jspill said:

How silly it is !

How can someone enjoy a life where you cannot walk outside when you want, day or night. Feel pity for this kind of people...

And some others living in a luxury jails that they are scare to leave.

Great that some people enjoy such a ridiculous life !

14 hours ago, stravers said:

Reading this forum fences in just some of the violent stories occurring right here in Thailand (heaps more go unreported).

I speak with hundreds of Philippine based expats (many are former Thai based expats). They surely can't all be lying about their newfound happiness?

Whatever makes you feel good mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

How silly it is !

How can someone enjoy a life where you cannot walk outside when you want, day or night. Feel pity for this kind of people...

When some people see "poor people" they assume "it must be dangerous," and become afraid to walk down the street.   Manila is more like NYC or Los Angeles in the USA, where there are "zones" that are genuinely unsafe.  But the fact is, there are "unsafe areas" in most large cities in the world, including Europe and the USA.  In general, I have felt much safer in SE Asia, including much of the Philippines; I lived in several parts of the country, walking all over without a single incident.

Edited by JackThompson

Would be interested to know if anyone has ever known someone that was successful in either reducing their length of ban, or having it removed?

I was fined in April this year for an overstay, but my visa was still in date when I left BKK, it still had one month before expiring, and I left after 6 months, the visa had a facility for multi entry, and as I have never stayed that long before I did not realise the importance of leaving after 90 days or reporting in!

I was fined 20,000 on the spot and thanks to my card I was able to pay this within the airport.  Despite my apologies and the fact that I have a property and other commitments there, my passport was stamped with a ban for 12 months.  I had small amount of luggage with me as I intended a short trip.  All avenues I have since explored regarding this have become cul de sac's.   A genuine mistake made nothing more, surely there must be exceptions?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCPhuket said:

Would be interested to know if anyone has ever known someone that was successful in either reducing their length of ban, or having it removed?

I was fined in April this year for an overstay, but my visa was still in date when I left BKK, it still had one month before expiring, and I left after 6 months, the visa had a facility for multi entry, and as I have never stayed that long before I did not realise the importance of leaving after 90 days or reporting in!

I was fined 20,000 on the spot and thanks to my card I was able to pay this within the airport.  Despite my apologies and the fact that I have a property and other commitments there, my passport was stamped with a ban for 12 months.  I had small amount of luggage with me as I intended a short trip.  All avenues I have since explored regarding this have become cul de sac's.   A genuine mistake made nothing more, surely there must be exceptions?

It sounds like you had a multiple-entry tourist visa and did not realise that you while the visa was valid for 6 months, each time you enter the country you only get two months permission to stay at which point you must either leave or extend for 30 days and then leave (and can then return again).

You may not have understood the conditions of the visa and appear to have unwittingly overstayed.  I know it won't make you feel any better, but be grateful the ban is only 12 months - it could have been for much longer.

You should be able to return in a year's time without a problem.

• Like 1

You were not banned and you wouldn't get banned for some indo in your pocket but if you decide to smoke in a country where drug possession can carry a life sentence depending on the amount, why on earth would you walk around with the stuff like there's nothing to it? Lolz. There's nothing wrong with weed but educate yourself before you brake the law in a foreign country. 

15 hours ago, bberrythailand said:

How silly it is !

That's not what I meant, it's just as a foreigner you can reduce a tiny risk to an even tinier one, because you can live in the same areas rich locals would choose to live. Doesn't mean you're scared to go elsewhere, especially as a guy. 

Risks are much higher for females though, say your Mum or sister were over visiting you in the country, or a girl you were dating was making her way over to your place and back, you'd want to be living in a luxurious area.

'Snatchers' as the Filipinos call them (muggers) usually target women for their handbags, same in Vietnam. 

Edited by jspill