Prayut has role to play in North Korean crisis

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut has role to play in North Korean crisis

Prayut can explain to Jong-Un that should the US/partners first strike North Korea to stop its nuclear weapons program, how it is best to surrender within the week than fight for the country's sovereignty. Keeping an autocracy entrenched for the long run is always the best option no matter the cost as history has proven in Thailand.

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

No, please do  not let him or any ASEAN country  meddle with this one. Way over their heads.

They could though try to get a quorum on the South China Sea debacle which so far they cannot even manage 

the trouble is "itchy pockets " with China

I should imagine they are in the 'They are not bothering us, so why should we bother them' camp.

7 hours ago, edwinchester said:

The headline says the General has a role to play in the crisis and then the whole article reads that he has zero influence on what is happening.

not only in North Korea but even in his own country

9 minutes ago, Thechook said:

So his meeting with the President has been postponed again, just like an election I think the administration is full of it, it's never going to happen.

They maybe just figured out that he wants to shut down Facebook and Youtube and can't communicate in English and bought Submarines from China and is not really a friend of USA? 

On 8/4/2017 at 8:13 AM, steven100 said:

I am sure the General knows how to handle any concerns the US may have with how Thailand can assist in the North Korea problem.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha speaks his mind as he did at the UN assembly in the US.

I doubt the US will have very little if anything on it's agenda concerning Thailand & North Korea.

5983ca0f9a93a_KhunPrayuth.jpg.eab8bd1823f7ad9890580fd0b685252f.jpg

I doubt the US will have very little if anything at all on its agenda concerning Thailand.

There, corrected it for you!

14 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

They maybe just figured out that he wants to shut down Facebook and Youtube and can't communicate in English and bought Submarines from China and is not really a friend of USA? 

To be fair, his English is quite decent. Trump's too.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:14 AM, Artisi said:

What a load of absolute BS, Prayut has a role to play, the only play when it comes to N Korea will be playing with himself. 

"playing with himself" what does it means? I spent the whole evening trying to figure what it means. I know kids do play with themselves when they are playing with their toys imagining they were flying the toy aircraft or driving the ambulance.

7 hours ago, madusa said:

"playing with himself" what does it means? I spent the whole evening trying to figure what it means. I know kids do play with themselves when they are playing with their toys imagining they were flying the toy aircraft or driving the ambulance.

To play with oneself is to master bate or word to that effect.  I don't think the actual word is acceptable on this forum but you get the gist.

Edited by Thechook

On 8/4/2017 at 1:40 AM, rkidlad said:

Quickest way to get someone with an ego to do what you want is make them feel important and special. Give them a made-up badge and title and tell them "Your role is very important here, buddy". Pat them on the head and make them feel special. Then the adults can get on with the real business.

Yes, Trump the adult.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:13 AM, steven100 said:

I am sure the General knows how to handle any concerns the US may have with how Thailand can assist in the North Korea problem.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha speaks his mind as he did at the UN assembly in the US.

I doubt the US will have very little if anything on it's agenda concerning Thailand & North Korea.

5983ca0f9a93a_KhunPrayuth.jpg.eab8bd1823f7ad9890580fd0b685252f.jpg

Yes you are right he did speak to an empty UN as they all walked out

But its the UN that has brought in the latest sanctions and if Thai does not comply guess who also gets hit with sanctions

I doubt that thai or even less your hero has any say in anything outside these borders as history shows they never have

Thailand is the 4th ranked trading partner with DPRK, potentially illegally, but accomplished through third parties. 

Thailand to celebrate close relations with North Korea

The military junta is preparing to hold a celebration to mark the 40th anniversary of Thailand’s and North Korea’s diplomatic relations while North Korea has proposed that Thailand opens an embassy in its capital.

Deputy Prime Minister Wisanu Krue-ngam welcomed Mun Song Mo, Ambassador of North Korea, yesterday morning at Government House as the two countries aim to strengthen ties, according to a report on Thailand’s official government website.

North Korea proposed stronger economic cooperation between the nations and suggested Thailand opens an embassy in Pyongyang to benefit future Thai investors in North Korea and foster cultural exchange.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thailand-celebrate-close-relations-north-korea/