Got a Name for this Beastie?

Thanyaburi Mac

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Its a Skink, Lygosoma quadrupes, short legged,supple skink,

hope you did not kill it,completely harmless.and very interesting.

regards Worgeordie

...........and good fishing bait for Giant Snakeheads in Kanchanaburi.......

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Its a Skink, Lygosoma quadrupes, short legged,supple skink,

hope you did not kill it,completely harmless.and very interesting.

regards Worgeordie

Well done Worgeordie

its looks great- I really share your sentiment- there are too many on here so keen to kills things- harmless tree snakes etc. 

Its one of the joys of living here- you never quite know what you might come across.

( I can already see witty comments about ladyboys etc- if you respond in that way- total absolute losers) 

Regards P 

There could dozens of species (non protist, and larger than an earthworm) in Thailand which are not yet scientifically described and named.

I see interesting things nearly every day.   In Chiang Rai region, I've seen;

>>>  a worm, half inch thick, light purple color with muffled yellow stripe down its back - about a foot long.  One guy I described it to, thought it was a legless lizard, but it's not.  It has worm-like skin, and no noticeable lizard-like head.

>>>  two dung beetles mating.  They were small and black.

>>>  Two separate times, a wasp pulling a stunned tarantula up hills. One was a week ago.  The wasp had bright light blue wings and was immensely strong for its size.  Its tarantula was on the small size. I followed its travails for several minutes, about 20 ft up a steep mud trail. 

>>>  Two types of owls: one is dirty white, medium size, with brown speckles.  The other was light golden brown and quite small.   Owls are getting rarer by the week.  Hill tribers will steal their eggs, or even their chicks from the nest - to eat.

>>>  several types of very large black beetles.  One had a body nearly as fat as a small computer mouse.  The other was long and thin, like a 6 inch long (not counting its legs) stiletto knife.