Police summon van owners for ferrying Yingluck supporters to court

webfact

Police summon van owners for ferrying Yingluck supporters to court

By The Nation

151ac9f3c7bb57ff65d7d3837539da7e.jpg

File photo

The owners of 21 vans used to transport passengers to the Supreme Court last week to give moral support to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra have been summoned by police for allegedly using the vehicles for a purpose not covered by their licence and for not using a permitted route.

Chanakan Prommul, of the VIP Vans Association of Thailand, said the owners of 10 vans had been summoned to appear at Thung Song Hong Police Station on Monday, while the rest would appear at the station at a later date.

The van owners insisted that 19 of them had permission to drive outside regular routes, while two other drivers were not sure and would make enquiries. 

They also insisted that they were not involved in politics. 

Chanakan said the potential penalties facing the drivers were too severe, with a fine of between Bt20,000 to Bt200,000.

He said penalising the owners would be unfair because they could not ignore people who wanted to use their services.

Lt-Colonel Suban Athiset, Thung Song Hong deputy police chief, said the owners must show proof that they were permitted to drive outside a permitted route and use their vans for that purpose. 

Police will investigate further to establish the facts, he said.

On August 1, Yingluck gave her closing statement in her case concerning the rice-pledging scheme, with her accused of dereliction of duty in failing to prevent corruption in the scheme.

The court is slated to deliver its ruling on August 25, when a huge number of Yingluck supporters are expected to appear at the court.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30323068

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-07

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder who ordered the police to crack down on these van drivers????

I need to think about it, ohh i know the little general is running scared.

Crack down on anybody showing support, driving supporters, stop them at all costs.

Bloody pathetic way to run a country. Agree with me or else.

After their fine work in getting "Boss" brought to justice the junta is keen to show that it's not only the old elite hi-so's who can expect swift justice but also anyone possibly connected with the reds.

The junta are again showing they're the best junta in a long time and that Thailand is swiftly and inexorably heading towards full reconciliation!

Just now, Becker said:

After their fine work in getting "Boss" brought to justice the junta is keen to show that it's not only the old elite hi-so's who can expect swift justice but also anyone possibly connected with the reds.

The junta are again showing they're the best junta in a long time and that Thailand is swiftly and inexorably heading towards full reconciliation!

You mean the best junta ever.

End of.

Little wonder Trump no long wants to meet Prayut when he witnesses him and his cronies carrying on like petulant revengeful drama queens.

I am enjoying seeing Yingluck progressively develop into Prayut's own Lady Voldemort. Such is their dread it could soon be considered dangerous even to speak her name. She may soon be referred to as "You-Know-Who" or "She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named".

So great to see the process of reconciliation and equal justice under law being applied towards the greater good of Thai society. Why is it some people feel that the Junta favours the Yellow over the Red?

...and if...just if...they arrived in Bangkok via the BTS...or by large bus...would the driver of the BTS train be summoned?...would the drivers of the buses be summoned?.....I guarrantee some of YL's supporters arrived by their own car.......is the driver of the car (Uncle Somchai from Nakhon Nowhere) going to be summoned....this summoning by the police is so absolutely pathetic and childish.......

We need to revive "SOLOMON"

He would say:" the rice-scam is done by hi-so people (politicians)

Unless the politicians come forward with the culprit,we will start decapitate politicians until they 

reveil the culprits.I expect a full reasonable answer tomorrow , and order to sharpen the ax ."

Long live Solomon 

Edited by lucjoker