Just a walking in the rain.

berybert

Left the Robin Hood pub tonight about 11.45 and didn't realize it was raining until I got outside.

Always loved a walk in the rain and being as it was warm rain it made a nice chance from walking in the cold English rain.

Enjoyed the 20 minutes it took from the pub to my condo.

What could be more pleasant than a walk in the rain ? well judging from the amount of Thai's hiding under anything and everything you can find, it would seem everything is better than a walk in the rain.

Must be a cultural thing.

Storms and heavy rain I understand getting out of the way. But a nice steady fall of rain, you got me beat.

You were walking to a destination where dry clothes awaited you.  Perhaps a lot of those you saw avoiding the rain were not so handy to home.

If instead, you had been caught in the rain going to Robin Hood, would you have enjoyed it quite as much?

Edited by dddave

4 hours ago, dddave said:

You were walking to a destination where dry clothes awaited you.  Perhaps a lot of those you saw avoiding the rain were not so handy to home.

If instead, you had been caught in the rain going to Robin Hood, would you have enjoyed it quite as much?

I would have jumped on the BTS if it had been raining on the way there.

I simply stated I enjoyed my walk in the rain. Others were finding it not so nice.

Are you really trying to find an argument ?

1 minute ago, berybert said:

No, not at all.  I actually liked your appreciation of the rain as I enjoy it as well.  I was just trying for a bit of irony....sorry you didn't see it that way.

1 hour ago, berybert said:

I would have jumped on the BTS if it had been raining on the way there.

I simply stated I enjoyed my walk in the rain. Others were finding it not so nice.

I even enjoy riding motobike in BKK in the rain. Yup i know it's dangerous.

But i only do it on my way home, don't want to go shopping while soaking wet. I see many people laughing when i pass them soaking wet.

10 hours ago, dddave said:

No, not at all.  I actually liked your appreciation of the rain as I enjoy it as well.  I was just trying for a bit of irony....sorry you didn't see it that way.

I love a bit of irony as much as I love the rain.

You needed to be a bit more scarky as well. I missed it. :(

On 8/8/2017 at 10:55 AM, Puyai said:

If you walk in the rain you will get sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That is it!...  that is why you see them running around with plastic bags on their head.. must not  get the hair wet.. 

1 hour ago, Laza 45 said:

That is it!...  that is why you see them running around with plastic bags on their head.. must not  get the hair wet.. 

Puyai is right, it's not about the wet hair, many Thais are afraid to get sick because of the polluted air over the big cities and rainwater is cleaning the air.

The Thais like the Chinese believe that when you get caught in the rain the temperature of your body is not quite the same anymore, the outside that is the skin area is suddenly cool and the body is still hot on the inside so that will make you sick. When they get home they must have a shower to cool down completely .

They believe your body is either hot or cool but not both. Ask any elderly chinese they will tell you what I just said. Of course the young Thais or young Chinese are ignorant of this belief, all they say is oh, you will get sick because of the rain but couldn't tell you the reason.

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:46 PM, dddave said:

Well there you have it, was walking thru the park by Prom Pong BTS on the way home today and the heavens opened, I had a bit of shopping to do before heading home so what did I do ?

Well I hid under a shelter with all the Thai's.

So much for a lovely walk in the rain.  

Some of the gems from a paragraph in which Greene was describing Vietnam, but he might easily have been talking about Thailand:

".........that a woman’s voice can drug you; that everything is so intense. The colors, the taste, even the rain. Nothing like the filthy rain in London."

The Quiet American,  Graham Greene.