Finnish man seriously injured after fall from building in Pattaya

webfact

Why don't the police cordon-off the area and keep the ****in video taking ghouls out!  There are more people there than at a Chinese Shrimp Buffet!  No wonder the poor guy was gasping for air with all those extras in the shoot!

He doesn't have a Finnish name and I have a Finn passport but not a Finnish name....

pretty funny....you guys are both saying the same thing!

thought process perceived to be different but really cut out of the same mental/belief cloth....

what's a Chinese shrimp buffet? Another metaphor please so I can visualize it....?

Edited by cardinalblue

1 hour ago, Trexpat said:

Hmmmmmm. Same point, does the origin of the name define me?

I new an guy born in the Former East Germany whos mother named him Pierre. She named him that because she dreamed one day of being able to travel to France. Does not make him or her French does not make him an immigrant or somebody to be looked down upon or cast aside. Somebody already said it here today that this is what we call globalization.

So a german name would be fine yes. Perhaps a couple of kids -:clap2: Bratwurst and Pommes..........

Anyway his name doesnt really matter now.

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Is that right? :thumbsup:

Yes. Snigger snigger.

4 hours ago, midasthailand said:

Brian Jenkins? 555 not sure I believe that story about how Soi BJ got its name!

Nobody said anything about Brian Jenkins. Why do you need to believe the story isn't true?

On 1/10/2006 at 5:28 AM, Mighty Mouse said:

This was a story about Bill Jones, a Texan born Vietnam veteran, who arrived in Pattaya in 1971.

He married Lek, a local girl, and in 1974 set up one of the first bars on Walking Street. BJ Discotheque and Coffee House. (Later known only as 'BJ Bar.')

There was not much competition in those days, only six other similar bars. Today more than 1,000.

BJ Bar was a landmark and remained at the same location till only a few years ago when he closed it down. The adjoining Soi was named after him..'Soi BJ.'

Bill was a genius at attracting customers. He could talk the talk and walk the walk. He was always known to have a folded hand towel hanging over his shoulder and a toothpick that never left the corner of his mouth. American military personal on R and R flocked to his bar at every available opportunity, and he built up a large clientel of regular drinkers from all nationalities. He was always on hand to have a conversation with each and every customer. He was generous with free drinks too.

His sister-in-laws opened other bars along Walking Street and although fairly successful, they lacked the magic of the BJ Bar.

The early BJ Bar had only an ice box. Electricity in the early days konked out most nights and the whole of the strip (Walking Street) was lit up by lanterns and candles only. Electric refrigerators had not come into being at that time and would have been wasted anyway without electricity.

Bill had trained his bar staff to dig to the bottom of the ice blocks and serve only the coldest bottles of beer.

He brought in VCR tapes of various bands from around the world that he would play on a TV positioned over his bar. He compiled many other tapes himself and these were great entertainment for his customers.

These were the days when the only shows on TV were Thai. There was no cable TV in those days.

He played the latest music over his PA system and it wasn't long before other bars started copying Bill's entertainment ideas.

He also served a mean pizza, and this was long before Pizza hut came to town.

As well as the bar, he also had a guesthouse in north Pattaya. (BJ Guesthouse) He and Lek can be found there today where they continue to run a successful business. Their good service and interesting conversation is a vibrant as ever.

BJ is on the right, around 1980. So now you may choose to believe the truth or stay in denial and enjoy that silly little fantasy. Hee hee!

post-169-1136893800.jpg

The bar, 80s:

BJBarWS.jpg.2ead0482611cd065de3db099461c923d.jpg

Edited by JSixpack

8 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

That's right. Non Christian, non Caucasian peoples have been welcomed into European countries for centuries. 

If you say so but why not ask Angela about that as I think she will be able to put you right on that subject

8 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

I hope he makes it - and able to explain what happened... 

Same here.  At 1:14 in the video, it shows a hole that looks like stair steps were removed.  Perhaps he was wandering around in the dark and simply stepped into the hole.

A cousin of mine died on a construction job while fitting in a staircase.  He was on the second floor and fell onto the concrete slab in the basement.

11 hours ago, Trexpat said:

Wow, the ignorance in that staement absolutely astounds me. I am in a mixed race marriage my parents were from different origins.

I am part English/Irish my wife is part Thai/Chinese. Where would we best to live and what name should we use 'hansnl'. What nationality names should we choose for our kids?

Eamon and Lek

8 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Yea but calling the cake a Mountbatten doesn't have quite the same ring as Battenburg so the haughty English kept the German name for it .. Bemusing is it not  .. 

by the royals he was known as Mountbottom due to his affinity for young sailors

ADonkey can be born in A Race Horse Stable but hes still a Donkey..No State Issued bit o Paper can change me to Thai Or a Fin by just walking into a Nation.Where youre born is your Nation.?[emoji247]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

19 hours ago, Spaniel said:

Well if you don't believe it you can go and ask BJ himself.     He and his wife still live in Pattaya and run the BJ Holiday Lodge on Pattaya Beach Road, Soi 3.

Quite right B J is still around and as you say he can still be seen at the hotel and sometimes walking the dog along the promenade and is also a great bloke to chat to especially about Pattaya .. He also used to have photo's of Patt ' from 70's hanging in reception ..