Thai Girl's Top 5 Needs When Buying A Home.

ToddinChonburi

Plenty of tables and desks to put things on.

A massive shoe rack

Huge wardrobes that can be expanded because no matter how big they are they'll never be big enough.

Lots of places to hide car keys and sunglasses.

Hundreds of mirrors so they can look at themselves without having to get up or go to another room.

Edited by akirasan

At the early stages of this at the moment and it's been a learning curve.

Initially looked at her families city. Quickly realised the area is on crack where house prices are concerned and has zero value and the local services are below what you would expect anywhere.

Had the chat she understood my concerns and agreed with the new area to focus on 100m away.

Initially she looked at space and size but recently she's began looking at distance from schools and stuff like that.

I think her only need will be outside space as she was born on a farm, litrually.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, tonray said:

And that's the best way. Both have to be happy with arrangement, and always better for both to have stake in the endeavor. 

But I will give a serious answer on my combined needs

1) 2 Bedrooms at least

2) 2 Bathrooms

3) multi-level

4) Shelter for car

5) Kitchen where mom and farang can co-exist (pasta goes here, Sticky rice there)

and my preference, good sized balcony or small garden area to satisfy my green thumb.

I also need access to public transport. Nearby bus stop or MRT/BTS access. She has the car

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

ONE bedroom max and no lounge for the family to stay in whenever they feel like dropping in.

IMO families have done more to break up farang/ Thai marriages than any other cause.

Houses should also be located as far from the family as possible. If she HAS to visit the family, she can go stay in their place. If that is unacceptable to the beloved, dirty great warning bells should be going off.

Mom and farang can never co-exist, IMO.

Agree with:

Multi level ( floods )

car shelter

2 bathrooms ( one with farang toilet bowl ).

If I could go back 5 years, I wouldn't even have a washing machine as it encouraged the ratbag nephew to visit every weekend. Wash a lot of clothes at nearby laundry for 10,000 baht.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:32 AM, samsensam said:

1) a mug

2) a mug

3) a mug

4) a mug

5) a mug

and i'm not talking about something you drink out of.

The saddest thing reading posts like yours is that it describes me. I thought I knew better, and she really was "different", but I was a mug and she wasn't different.

However, if we hadn't moved near the family, we might still be together. That made a yuuuuuge difference.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, Rancid said:

1. Good location with excellent capital appreciation potential.

2. Something that requires renovation to get it firstly cheaper and then to contribute to point 1.

3. Views of some kind to stand out, water, mountains, garden, whatever.

4. Good ROI if deciding to rent at some stage, 8 - 10% minimum.

5. Non moobaan so that there are no monthly charges, she does the garden.

Good location with excellent capital appreciation potential.

No such thing in LOS. It's only got that till the all night karaoke moves in next door ( or American banks destroy the world economy again ).

I may be quaint in my thinking, but I always thought I'd buy a house I wanted to live in the rest of my life, not something to sell.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 08/08/2017 at 3:33 PM, starky said:

Whats with all the kitchen talk? Of course its an outside jobby yet to meet any Thai girl that would know what to do in a proper kitchen. Its almost like a fridge how many posters here are using full four burner stoves a broiler and oven on a regualr basis? Her, not you, by the way.

We have one inside kitchen which i insisted on as i considered outside kitchens to be something that should have been left behind decades ago. I also made the decision to go all electric with a proper oven and four plate hob on the top, no way was i going to put up with horrible gas canisters and rubber pipes.   My Wife took a little time to get used to 'The Western Way' but after ten years she says she can't understand why Thai Women still want to work with outside kitchens.

1   Get a good wife in the first place

2   2 levels to get the breeze

3   large over hangs to keep the rain out also keep the house cooler

4   1 rai land  with plenty of fully fence land for our 3 dogs to run also must be near 10 mins private hospitals

5   views of the lake hence we live attached to a high class golf course with plenty of open views

6   good security and peace and quite but not far from Central for shopping provisions

7   garden for the wife she loves it

8   good internet connection eg CAT

9   fly screens on ALL windows

10 outside kitchen

11 Separate bathrooms

12 If lucky Wife parents live in our case 5 hours away only one parent left and he can not drive