Thai Girl's Top 5 Needs When Buying A Home.

ToddinChonburi

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I provided needs for both of us and my wife contributed to.

And that's the best way. Both have to be happy with arrangement, and always better for both to have stake in the endeavor. 

But I will give a serious answer on my combined needs

1) 2 Bedrooms at least

2) 2 Bathrooms

3) multi-level

4) Shelter for car

5) Kitchen where mom and farang can co-exist (pasta goes here, Sticky rice there)

and my preference, good sized balcony or small garden area to satisfy my green thumb.

I also need access to public transport. Nearby bus stop or MRT/BTS access. She has the car

1 hour ago, tonray said:

But I will give a serious answer on my combined needs

Franky can't see the point of OP's question, the circumstances, the relationship, the family, the location, whether young or old,  there so many combinations of what people would do.

The first top 5 wants for a Thai lady in her new home would be pretty obvious and necessary.  

My wife never really mentioned what she required from our home apart from an outside kitchen and that was built as an afterthought.

I paid, so pretty much everything was up to me even down to the furniture. Even the location, which is in the same village as her family  was my suggestion.

1 minute ago, Dmaxdan said:

so pretty much everything was up to me even down to the furniture. Even the location, which is in the same village as her family

Maybe you can see what you wrote was amusing it's what l did too doesn't normally go well if that doesn't happen. :biggrin:  

Whats with all the kitchen talk? Of course its an outside jobby yet to meet any Thai girl that would know what to do in a proper kitchen. Its almost like a fridge how many posters here are using full four burner stoves a broiler and oven on a regualr basis? Her, not you, by the way.

Ti Rak, better put the house in my name for better security and i promise to

stay with you for ever,

also, a back door entrance so the 'gik' can come in unseen  while your

out working to pay for the house.....

Mrs money but the father-in-law and I got most of the say in the outside design. 

All she really requested was a pretty room for our baby daughter to grow up in. And one toilet to have a hose (hers), whilst the other one doesn't (mine).

She knew Western style would be more comfortable than Thai style so she didn't really care either way - preferred me to pick out the furniture/appliances.

wife already had her house, had a small kitchen with a big oven and triple burner stove, since I have been here I have extended the house, enlarged the kitchen and put in a new cook top, an island and wall oven. She actually uses them more than me, I have overseen many renovations to the house/yard over the years and it is usually a joint decision on what we do or get. Much depends on your wifes attitude, mine likes to cook and appreciates having the house being easy to get at things(I am from a building trade), she likes how I opened it up a lot more .

3 hours ago, starky said:

Whats with all the kitchen talk? Of course its an outside jobby yet to meet any Thai girl that would know what to do in a proper kitchen. Its almost like a fridge how many posters here are using full four burner stoves a broiler and oven on a regualr basis? Her, not you, by the way.

Yet, all situations will differ from the next.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ti Rak, better put the house in my name for better security and i promise to

stay with you for ever,

also, a back door entrance so the 'gik' can come in unseen  while your

out working to pay for the house.....

"I love the sound of pathos in the morning! Sounds like... ezzra!"

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Maybe you can see what you wrote was amusing it's what l did too doesn't normally go well if that doesn't happen. :biggrin:  

Why? Doesn't your wife have the ability or presence of mind  to decide some things, especially things about the house?

38 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

1) roof

2) walls

3) windows

4) doors

5) floor

6) her name on the chanote

7) Garage

8) Her car in garage

9) Bedrooms for her mum, dad, buffalo, sons, daughters, boyfriend :shock1:.

10 ) Farang out.:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by 12DrinkMore

12 hours ago, tonray said:

1) Deep Pockets farang

2) Deep Pockets farang

3) Deep Pockets farang

4) Deep Pockets farang

5) Room for Mom

1) a mug

2) a mug

3) a mug

4) a mug

5) a mug

and i'm not talking about something you drink out of.

Ok I will toss some more in.

Plant Lemon grass and chili's 

Washing machine 

How about the house numbers

Front door can't line up with back door.

Bathroom must be on the outside wall.

Bedroom doors can't line up.

2 level cooler than 1 level .

Come on guy's this is Thailand Lol

16 hours ago, starky said:

That was always the gf thinking until she saw the familys' kitchens when we went to Oz. Everything being organised impressed her. Yet to build but now I think she will want a farang kitchen inside plus an outside one as well.

1. Good location with excellent capital appreciation potential.

2. Something that requires renovation to get it firstly cheaper and then to contribute to point 1.

3. Views of some kind to stand out, water, mountains, garden, whatever.

4. Good ROI if deciding to rent at some stage, 8 - 10% minimum.

5. Non moobaan so that there are no monthly charges, she does the garden.