Savage attack on foreigner in Krabi holiday zone - attacked by four men as he lay helpless on the ground

Jonathan Fairfield

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Stamping on a guy who is already out cold is pretty much trying to finish him off and kill him. Seems to be an increasingly common trait with the younguns over here and needs addressing soon by the courts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah, it's very troubling if it was targeted to the head ,,, looks more like chest to me ... anyway,,, stomping someones head when they are unconscious i would argue is attempted murder. .. but it's easy to plead ignorance "usually people dont die from kicks to the head.. if i wanted to kill him i would choke him out and hold the choke for 5 minutes ... " 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Usually when you see a one-to-one fight between a foreigner and a Thai, the foreigner is definitely a weaker one otherwise Thais do not have the gut to do it. Majority of them are cowards attacking in one group as it always appeared on news.

The foreigner didn't get the memo, thai's never fight fair so just walk away if you can.

It's a painful lesson and not always easy to do but I've personally witnessed a couple of ferangs getting a brutal beating at the hands of half a dozen or so Thais and it is scarred in my memory bank for future use should I be foolish enough to think that anything than walking away is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Have you seen what happens across the whole country? Even amongst themselves? It's always many to one. It's not a foreigner thing. What about the youth in KK today that got hacked by 7 knife yielding guys at a gas station? Just learn never to lose your cool and bite your tongue and move on. This isn't our land and we need to swallow that pill, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Whatever the provocation, four on to one is pretty shitty, though about appropriate for Thais, who rarely want to engage in a one on one, but the stomping on the fella when he is on the ground and the fight is clearly over just takes the piss. If he had got a bit of a slap for being a dick that would be fair enough, but the level of force used here was excessive, so I hope they find the four and the court helps them understand this.

The expert has spoken.

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Oh, well thank god this wasn't just mindless violence then. Funny - when I was kid, the old, "but, sir! He started it!" excuse not only didn't work, but got me in even more trouble. Soon learnt me that I'm responsible for my actions. 

and when I was a kid you were considered the lowest form of dog if you kicked a man when he was down.  Something else that hollywood has to answer for.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Gweilo is a term used by the Chinese, Cantonese specifically, to refer to a foreigner, usually a European.  It is derogatory term and widely accepted as meaning foreign devil.   In Thailand the term is farang but that is not considered to be derogatory.  Very different.

Not all would agree with your view on the f word. 

2 hours ago, nasanews said:

He looked for trouble and he got it.

How DF do you know what he was looking for?? 

The article has a sketchy  one sided presumption of what may have transpired  from people who weren't  even  there....

they don't have either the injured party or his assailants to verify anything... 

I suppose He must have deserved it then... Should have buried the body when they were finished. :smile:

1 hour ago, hobz said:

Yeah, it's very troubling if it was targeted to the head ,,, looks more like chest to me ... anyway,,, stomping someones head when they are unconscious i would argue is attempted murder. .. but it's easy to plead ignorance "usually people dont die from kicks to the head.. if i wanted to kill him i would choke him out and hold the choke for 5 minutes ... " 

Maybe I'm just 'old school' ...don't like violence but if it has to happen at least let there be some elements of Marquis of Queensberry. This stomping business is unbelievable: a genuine and utterly repulsive savagery about it, overlaid with the absolute cowardice of doing it to someone who is incapacitated. We saw it with the British oldies in Hua Hin, let's hope these thugs get a similar sentence. I'd give them 5 years for GBH or reckless, wanton endangerment. Despicable scum.

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

thais seldom fight fair with  a farang

its always at least 3 on 1

They do not fight fair or what ever fair is with there own Thai people. But come on if he went at them with a helmet I guess he got a suprise