Savage attack on foreigner in Krabi holiday zone - attacked by four men as he lay helpless on the ground

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit early to judge anything and attacking youths who seem to be 18+. How loose a term is youths and strange how the person that seems to be backing the Thais is also the same wannabe sorry I mean person who continually attacks farangs on TV.

Identity crisis alert. 

24 minutes ago, Aquanaut said:

Well, I don't know which video you watched, but the one in the OP certainly doesn't show which party instigated matters (many of your comments are based on conjecture, hearsay and assumption!)
What was clearly shown, was four assailants on one and that person being viciously stomped on whilst unconscious ... and you justifying that!

SMH 

I agree. That's the part that doesn't sit well with me; the victim getting stomped repeatedly unconscious by his four attackers and we're meant to feel somehow sorry for them being aroused into such a viscous and animalistic frenzy? Oh the poor dears. How will they manage to sleep well tonight? Also, where does it state who was the "cat" and who was exactly the "mouse" in all of this? It doesn't.

Ok, I'll bite and play devil's advocate, only for just one second, mind. So, let's assume that the tourist was the "cat" that was playing with those cheeky young Thai mice? What would the reason be for him parking up afterwards and confronting them about what he'd just done to them on the highway? What could he possibly have to gain from goading them any further? Surely, he'd be beaming like a Cheshire Cat at his own bullyboy antics and simply give them a little mocking wave and be on his merry way?

You see, the sketchy eyewitness reports don't really tell a complete story either. Certainly not one enough to condemn the tourist and say he got what he deserved.

The more than likely scenario is that they were the perpetrators in all of this and the tourist got riled up that these young punks were trying to run him off the road, so he pulled up outside the nearest store, but they followed him and parked up alongside. He took off his helmet, as it's the most logical thing to do when involving yourself in having a conversation with someone else (hey, at least he was wearing one to begin with). This was either seen as an act of aggression or a declaration of war, especially as the motorcycle helmet is a rarity in Thailand and must surely be an offensive weapon if carried by a farang in the presence of four young Thai men. Therefore, the tourist got the deserved beating of his life for daring to take it off as well as question their lack of road safety skills on a public highway. As for the validity of the eyewitness claims at having the vision of an eagle and being able to see the unfolding drama halfway up the highway before they had even managed to pull over, I still seriously have my doubts. Sorry. 

he must have provoked it in some way. I won't defend them as they shouldn't have kicked him once he was out on the ground. I have no idea of the circumstances which led to it but I hope it ends up in court so the kids can be punished. again. it's very rare that things like that happen here.

And it all starts at school when the teachers get shot down, abused, threatened and calls are made for them to be sacked, all for trying to knock a bit of respect in to the little turds before they get too cocky and go on to behave like this. You can't have it both ways.

5 hours ago, jenifer d said:

you're apologizing for the instigator why??? you can see from the video that the tourist, who was stated to have COME AT/ASSAULTED the youths with his crash helmet, was bigger and older than the youths- i never called them lovable peaceniks, but the guy was dead wrong (which may explain why he didn't make police report!!!):

1) a grown man should NEVER attack youths

2) HE was the one who escalated it from ostensibly playful cat and mouse to agression/assault

Playful cat and mouse.  Yep 4 cats onto one mouse and we all know what happens to a mouse when a cat has finnished it's game never mind 4 of them.

12 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

Four pussies and one mouse, to be precise.

It is the way Thai's fight, especially against a foreigner. I lasted thirty years with no problems with Thais although I did put myself out there and learned to speak Thai and I do very well. I had one confrontation in all my years and it was from a drunken Brit on New Years Eve and when he confronted me over nothing my Thai friends took care of him and his friends. My Thai friends told me to not get into problems here in Thailand especially with Thai people, if I had a problem I should come and find them and they would straighten it out.

It seems to me that some races fight as a pack. Once I saw a man get into a fight in a Chinese Restaurant in Vancouver BC, Canada and I never saw so many chinamen coming out of the woodwork. Needless to say this guy got severly beaten. Just as a side note to this uprising of Chinese, the RCMP admit they have no idea how many illegal Chinese are in Chinatown. Of course none of them speak English.

3 hours ago, Happy enough said:

he must have provoked it in some way. I won't defend them as they shouldn't have kicked him once he was out on the ground. I have no idea of the circumstances which led to it but I hope it ends up in court so the kids can be punished. again. it's very rare that things like that happen here.

Why do you say " he must have provoked it in some way" ? Can you please provide us with the facts,that this is based on.

1 hour ago, taipan1949 said:

It seems to me that some races fight as a pack. Once I saw a man get into a fight in a Chinese Restaurant in Vancouver BC, Canada and I never saw so many chinamen coming out of the woodwork. Needless to say this guy got severly beaten. Just as a side note to this uprising of Chinese, the RCMP admit they have no idea how many illegal Chinese are in Chinatown. Of course none of them speak English.

Whilst some other races tend to waddle into conflicts with apparent supremacy without understanding their opponents?

Sun Tzu is a decent read.

Thai Culture sure has changed over the past 20 years. My first time in Thailand the Thai's couldn't be more friendly. They had a restaurant in Bangkok with the waiters and waitresses on Roller Skates. The food, entertainment and prices were outstanding. Those days are gone. Thai's do not care about their country only about their pocketbooks. 

Edited by tomwct

Thai Culture sure has changed over the past 20 years. My first time in Thailand the Thai's couldn't be more friendly. They had a
restaurant in Bangkok with the waiters and waitresses on Roller Skates. The food, entertainment and prices were outstanding.
Those days are gone. Thai's do not care about their country only about their pocketbooks. 

Thai culture has changed because waiters and waitresses no longer serve food on roller skates?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is normal in thailand, I've read about this kind of attack 100's of times. It's always a gang of Thai men and they attempt to beat the foreigner to death, the beating continues after they're unconscious on the floor and they often kick directly to the head with full force.

In the UK they would be charged with attempted murder because that's what it is.

In defense,  the UK is first world and people are judged by their actions rather than their bank balance.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out if/when a foreigner is actually kicked to death, because i don't think suicide is an option.

9 hours ago, jenifer d said:

it says he was attacked AFTER he went to assault the YOUTHS with a crash helmet-

a grown man attacking youths, and them retaliating- seems to me that the ADULT shouldn't have mouthed off-

he must have been very profane and angry to the youths this way; the fact that he DID NOT report to the police shows that the ADULT KNEW THAT HE WAS WRONG!!!

it sickens me that so many are so quick to bash the Thais (what a surprise, everybody is so willing to BE here, then take every opportunity to impugn the Thai people, whose land this is- WE ARE JUST VISTORS, and should be respectful, and mindful of cultural differences)  my local Thai friends here are stating that he was EXTREMELY rude, verbally abusive and went after the youths QUITE aggressively

( i LIVE in Krabi province, have many Thai friends in Ao Nang, including several musicians and some foreigners)

OK, right, so he was extremely rude so its fair enough for four of them to kick and beat him unconscious.......you really need to take a step back and return back to Planet Earth.  Its blatant mob, thug mentality and all four of them should be horse whipped.  This type of thug mentality is becoming more and more prevalent here and examples need to be made.  Next a drunken group will beat a couple of old age pensioners unconscious in Hua His....oh wait a minute they did didn't they.

And please, less of this "we are visitors" which i've been hearing the past fifteen years, how about their visitors being respected for taking the time to visit the country and spend much needed revenues!!

The reality is that if people such as your good self continue to try and justify this sort of thuggery, the situation will simply get worse.

15 hours ago, z42 said:

Absolutely dreadful. No 500 baht fines, no phony trips to the wat, no stupid wai's and hollow apologies. Regardless of the provocation once u start laying the boot into a guy's head when he is grounded / unconscious it should be treated as attempt to kill / seriously injure.

All involved should get double digits in jail. This nonsense from the idiots stamping and those in QC robes and brown uniforms needs to be stopped now.. 

Get a grip Thailand and get proper justice for the victim

The more Xpats that post this on Facebook, the more the Thai authorities have to make an example, remember the Hua Hin incident, however, if we let it slide, no justice will prevail.

No longer will I go along with the LOS, i.e. Land of Smiles, it will now be known as LOSD, i.e. Land of Small Dicks

Edited by 4MyEgo

7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The more Xpats that post this on Facebook, the more the Thai authorities have to make an example, remember the Hua Hin incident, however, if we let it slide, no justice will prevail.

No longer will I go along with the LOS, i.e. Land of Smiles, it will now be known as LOSD, i.e. Land of Small Dicks

Nothing will change.  Why......its never their fault.  The blame game will just continue.

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

In all seriousness, do some people really think "The Land of Smiles" is anything other than a vacuous but successful marketing slogan?  Quite why anyone would think yobbish violence and street/gang violence wouldn't exist here is crazy! Why would Thailand be any different to other "lively" tourist places or cities?

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In all seriousness, do some people really think "The Land of Smiles" is anything other than a vacuous but successful marketing slogan?  Quite why anyone would think yobbish violence and street/gang violence wouldn't exist here is crazy! Why would Thailand be any different to other "lively" tourist places or cities?

True, but then again the attitude has turned more aggressive in recent years.  I've spoken to many a long term expat that will attest to this.

I have lived in Thailand for almost 8 years and each year I read about and see more and more violence.  If the government and the police do not start clamp down, it will start affecting their economy, which Thailand can NOT afford to have happen.  WAKE UP THAILAND , it is time to clamp down.

2 minutes ago, travelman6 said:

I have lived in Thailand for almost 8 years and each year I read about and see more and more violence.  If the government and the police do not start clamp down, it will start affecting their economy, which Thailand can NOT afford to have happen.  WAKE UP THAILAND , it is time to clamp down.

This perception might be down to the fact that these days everyday violence is captured on video and dissemminated through social media.

I got a good piece of advice from a bar owner when I first got to Thailand.  He said don't fight with Thais.  He said his friend did, and he was in the right.  But the Thai man killed him, and went to jail.  Point is, the guy was dead, almost like this guy.   I heard some ex-cop go on about how he was going to get some Thai dude, and I tried to tell it was a really bad idea, but he thought he was a tough guy.  My wife says its getting worse these days, and they will attack you in a pack anytime you get in a beef with them.  Go home and yell at your TV and get drunk, but don't get in a fight with Thais in public.  It could easily be the last thing you ever do.

14 minutes ago, kalidescopemind said:

I got a good piece of advice from a bar owner when I first got to Thailand.  He said don't fight with Thais.  He said his friend did, and he was in the right.  But the Thai man killed him, and went to jail.  Point is, the guy was dead, almost like this guy.   I heard some ex-cop go on about how he was going to get some Thai dude, and I tried to tell it was a really bad idea, but he thought he was a tough guy.  My wife says its getting worse these days, and they will attack you in a pack anytime you get in a beef with them.  Go home and yell at your TV and get drunk, but don't get in a fight with Thais in public.  It could easily be the last thing you ever do.

Sound advice!

Why get in a fight with some Thai <deleted>(s) you don't even know? Do you really care what he says?

No, excuse for 4 vs 1. Even if the foreigner did start it, they can just knock him down and walk away. Obviously a deliberate assault on an innocent man. As a tourist; I fear some Thai people. 

Edited by Iamtoofat
Bad error