A Spanish tourist has gone online to issue a dire warning to the Thais about messing up their country

webfact

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

555 hilarious. he's basically saying take care of your place or it will end up being the dump that spain is. I'm sure that's what he's saying. there are many laws here that should clean the place up where it needs to be. pretty sure the powers that be don't need advice from young Spaniard. jog on young lad.

Poor grammar. .. 'jog on' clown

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, thenoilif said:

So tourists come to Thailand, go to these beautiful remote beaches, take plastic bottles, pre-packaged food, cigarettes, etc. then throw all of their trash on the beach and then blame the litter on the locals? 

While Thailand isn't a bastion of sustainability, this message should be directed more at his foreigner peers. Pick up your own garbage, its that simple.

I would guess that most rubbish here is not deposited by tourists.  The beaches are a different problem.  Rubbish floats on the tide, but at this stage it only has a local solution.

7 minutes ago, thenoilif said:

While Thailand isn't a bastion of sustainability, this message should be directed more at his foreigner peers. Pick up your own garbage, its that simple.

Be nice if there were bins about for tourists to use, and people to empty them. Not forgetting beach cleaners at night to clear stuff up - especially the popular beaches and resorts. 

4 minutes ago, DerekMarshall said:

Do you go encouraging The Youtuber "Nate no mates" to do another twatty pratty childish prank  beachside with some added message about state of the place... 

That might be great idea!

I'm all for mindless YouTube videos, great for laughs.

Just now, The Deerhunter said:

I would guess that most rubbish here is not deposited by tourists.  The beaches are a different problem.  Rubbish floats on the tide, but at this stage it only has a local solution.

Yep, so much of it is washed ashore. Also Thais are wonderful beach trashers. Just go take a look at Bang Saen beach late Sunday afternoon when all the Thais from Bangkok have left, and see the piles of garbage they leave.

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Cleanliness too 555 

To be fair, I've lived in several different places in Asia in the past two decades, and generally found Thailand to be very oriented towards tidiness and order compared to some other countries. The problem seems to be much more to do with lack of education regarding disposal of garbage, environmental pollution and suchlike - they're clearly not taught about these things. 

your so wrong the school my children go to actively  promote the separation of garbage into different bins and by the way it is a government school. Check your facts before you write.

MOST comments here are blaming/shaming the messenger, while ignoring the MESSAGE (what a surprise :coffee1: )

the fact is thatduring the "low season" (i.e., monsoon season), the beaches are frequently covered in litter brought by the tides, this happens on our island, and almost everywhere else for several weeks at a time- is it right? NO!!! can it be ameliorated??? somewhat, by people not throwing rubbish off of boats, into klongs, and/or anywhere except bins...

i have campaigned with a few Thai friends who own resorts here that even if their resort is closed, it behooves them to have workers clean the beaches during low season, because of the impression it makes- have been lobbying for the phuyais to set up a cleaning service wherein the resorts/stakeholders pay a small monthly fee towards an atv/tractor w/"cage" to clean beaches each morning; so far it has been tough going, although minds are starting to turn around on the matter...

as for all of you slagging the Spaniard who stated the obvious, shame on you all... :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by jenifer d
misspelling

11 minutes ago, TSF said:

Yep, so much of it is washed ashore. Also Thais are wonderful beach trashers. Just go take a look at Bang Saen beach late Sunday afternoon when all the Thais from Bangkok have left, and see the piles of garbage they leave.

Like I said, they aren't great at sustainability but that still doesn't remove guilt from anyone else who litters.

It's one of those social norms in Western countries to not do this sort of thing but when they come here all of that goes out the window and then they point the finger away from themselves. 

Places like Phi Phi, Koh Pangnan, and other popular party islands are the worst. We can say that there is a lack of bins but at the end of the day, just throwing it on the beach is contributing to the problem.

Edited by thenoilif

21 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Before pillorying the poor guy, did anyone consider that he might be saying, "Don't make the same mistakes we made in Spain"?

Agree. And Spanish resort areas have made vast improvements as a result of the downturn in the tourist industry caused as a result of overdevelopment and mass tourism. Thailand could learn from these mistakes but they appear to be going down the same road.

Obviously this guy is spot on with his critique of the majority of Thai's utter disregard for leaving their signature piles of trash everywhere the go.

Unfortunatly  this seems to be the only way to ever get authorities to take action and do anything to improve the situation which will eventually come back to bite them in the ass.

What is strange, is why Farang on here feel the need to be so petty and pick apart this guys wardrobe or his country. Get a life guys!

Filtering the sand is not a big job.  Stopping trash that floats to Thailand that wasn't created in Thailand is a costly challenge the world over.

100K baht?   How about provide some bins first, then think about charging if they're ignored.

Then there's the other 99% of the issue that he hasn't thought about yet, But hey, a coat of paint to cover foundational cracks is the way it's done here.

Thais will hear 100K baht and pass it into law immediately and ignore the rest of his message..

3 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

Amazing that they even write a  story about this. Some tourist who's only been to Thailand once it appears making grand predictions about the future in Thailand. How idiotic and egotistical. 

he's just a bloke high on drugs on a beach being egged on by the guy with the camera. he's not walking down the beach picking up any rubbish as he's too high. he is so high that he thinks everyone else should do it for him.

he doesn't need to go home and his little complaints won't bother anyone. if he wants to clean up anywhere perhaps he could start with all the north Africans selling fake polo shirts and pissing on the beach in his own country. good place to start

It seems to be, you're a xenophobic Ignorant who's Fighting for Darwin Award:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by ujayujay

He is comment is correct...and it is indeed very disappointing to see how Thai who come to the beaches are to lazy to get their trash into the drums at no more than 50m distance.  It is also very disappointing to see them riding around cars and motorcycles with their platic beker that when empty the just drop near the road.  It is sad to see how they don't respect their beautiful country...Where is their proudness of being Thai at this point?

Hilarious!

As if what he's saying is going to be noted by ANY single Thai - to any improvement of anything, and he's saying nothing that thousands of drunk touris farangs might say over a beer in a bar to anyone.

He's not famous, he's not saying anything new, he's a nobody and his words will have zero impact on anyone.

What is the point of posting these ridiculous topics on Thai Visa? We all know nothing will change, and certainly nothing will change  by the word of a farang, visitor or long term resident alike.

Yawn - next!

555 hilarious. he's basically saying take care of your place or it will end up being the dump that spain is. I'm sure that's what he's saying. there are many laws here that should clean the place up where it needs to be. pretty sure the powers that be don't need advice from young Spaniard. jog on young lad.

have you been to Spain Happy Enough?  I live in Hua Hin, I also have property in Spain.  I have to agree with the Spanish lad.  Even in Hua Hin the rubbish on the beach is getting really bad.  In Pattaya its been awful for years.  Spain does not have this problem (maybe a bit in places - but nothing as bad as here).  This weekend past, the trash heroes here picked up 175kg of rubbish on just part of the beach here.  Also, here in Thailand, there is the problem of the raw sewerage being dumped in the sea.   I do like living here, but I really think its going downhill fast, and something really does need to be done.  Yes, actually done, not just the bullshit responses that you receive from the local authorities to say all is well and action has been taken, because it is not true.

How come this is acceptable, when if he had been a black man told to go home and eat a banana, there would be all kinds of bother?

It's not, well I should say it shouldn't be. It astonishing how many so called experienced posters with thousands of posts on this forum come out with this kind of junk and are allowed to get away with it. I can only think that they believe by putting childish icons at the end of each post it's somehow a get out and they are only "kidding "

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Spain is great
Cant wait to get back there in a months time emoji106.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

having lived in both countries, I am beginning to feel Spain is better and return there.

1 minute ago, nickmondo said:

have you been to Spain Happy Enough?  I live in Hua Hin, I also have property in Spain.  I have to agree with the Spanish lad.  Even in Hua Hin the rubbish on the beach is getting really bad.  In Pattaya its been awful for years.  Spain does not have this problem (maybe a bit in places - but nothing as bad as here).  This weekend past, the trash heroes here picked up 175kg of rubbish on just part of the beach here.  Also, here in Thailand, there is the problem of the raw sewerage being dumped in the sea.   I do like living here, but I really think its going downhill fast, and something really does need to be done.  Yes, actually done, not just the bullshit responses that you receive from the local authorities to say all is well and action has been taken, because it is not true.

yes. I've been to spain many times. my old fella used to live there. it's pretty rubbish but each to their own. pattaya is pretty dirty and I think they will actually get around to cleaning it up although I haven't been for years. I do stop by huahin quite a lot and that's become fairly dirty too as far as I can see. they will do awareness campaigns and enforcements soon enough. well, so i'm told

6 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

Hilarious!

As if what he's saying is going to be noted by ANY single Thai - to any improvement of anything, and he's saying nothing that thousands of drunk touris farangs might say over a beer in a bar to anyone.

He's not famous, he's not saying anything new, he's a nobody and his words will have zero impact on anyone.

What is the point of posting these ridiculous topics on Thai Visa? We all know nothing will change, and certainly nothing will change  by the word of a farang, visitor or long term resident alike.

Yawn - next!

you are correct in many ways eeworldwide.  however, what will happen, is a lot of the tourists that do come here, will not come back again