Well known lawyer moans about Thais being mean to Thais in airport face cream rant

webfact

Well known lawyer moans about Thais being mean to Thais in airport face cream rant

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A well known Thai lawyer went on his Facebook page to slam officials at Don Muang airport for not allowing him to take two tubes of face cream on a flight to Chiang Rai.

The tubes contained 120 grams and 150 grams and were too big for the passenger cabin regulations on liquids.

But if he expected support from the public for his rant about "Thais being mean to Thais" he was mistaken.

Netizens told him that he should abide by the rules like everyone else as they were there for our security.

Praman Leuangwattanawanich posted comments and pictures of the offending creams on his Facebook page of "Praman says..."

He said he was late for his flight and couldn't load his bag in the hold and when it was inspected for carry-on the items were discovered and confiscated.

He argued with officers and even expected them to look after the creams until he came back from his trip up north. Or at least keep them until someone came to pick them up.

Not surprisingly, the officers said they did not have such a service.

He then told them that he would leave the items on the side and if they were not there when he came back that would mean someone had stolen them.

The officials cut the conversation short and confiscated the items.

Praman complained that the officials and himself "were all Thais and in this together" and he blamed them for not having a Thai heart.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-10

It's a well-protected AOT scam.  Yes, there's a 100ml/mg limit for liquids and containers in carry-on luggage.  However, the security staff fences all the confiscated sundries and this has previously been exposed, with absolutely no discipline imposed against the exposed security staff.

4 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

It's a well-protected AOT scam.  Yes, there's a 100ml/mg limit for liquids and containers in carry-on luggage.  However, the security staff fences all the confiscated sundries and this has previously been exposed, with absolutely no discipline imposed against the exposed security staff.

I thought there is an exemption for goods bought from airport duty free and in a sealed transparent bag. 

4 hours ago, vadid said:

The next time he presents his bill for legal services to a customer, perhaps the customer should ask him to show his Thai heart and make the work pro bono. 

You are asking a devil to do something for nothing??? You better wake up and smell the hypocrisy of lawyers 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he was late for his flight

He argued with officers and even expected them to look after the creams until he came back

Praman complained that the officials and himself "were all Thais

he expected support from the public for his rant

The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Praman complained that the officials and himself "were all Thais and in this together" and he blamed them for not having a Thai heart.

You're all in what together? Breaking the law at an international airport?

Reminds me of when I opened the door to a taxi and another lady just came along and opened another door. I looked at her in disbelief and the taxi driver told her that I was waiting first. She had literally run across the road as I hailed the taxi. She replied with "But I am Thai". Taxi driver just laughed and smiled and said "No, no, no".

For the duration of the journey, he was just giggling away to himself. Guess he didn't have one of those convenient-for-the-selfish Thai hearts. 

so this hi so <deleted> arrives late for his flight, so thats his fault for starters and expects everyone else to bow down to his demands. well done airport security,  the funny thing is i had a half inch blade knife on a keyring, i forgot about, it got confiscated. rightly so, but i just flew with QATAR air,. 4 flights, and got served a metal knife with my food with a 4 inch blade lol

I once mistakenly had a multi tool in my carry on,  the staff were great saying to just go to the post office downstairs,  buy a small box,  check it in and come back to security to get my flight.  Took 20 minutes. 

The staff at DM were great to us too.

My wife had some very expensive cream in a 150ml bottle (an oversight). They told her to go and buy a drink or something in a smaller bottle at the shop and decant the liquid in to the smaller bottle which she happily did.

Took very little time and everyone was happy :-)

Unfortunatly there seems to be quote a lot of Thai people who think they are above the law.

18 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Source?

22 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

You can use the search function on this forum.  You're not a baby or an invalid . . . I hope.  In case you can't, the TV community has posted the original article for you above.

You just had to answer "This site". Google and Google News showed nothing. Having a bad day, are you? Only able to make churlish comments?

Edited by Bangkok Barry

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He then told them that he would leave the items on the side and if they were not there when he came back that would mean someone had stolen them.

The officials cut the conversation short and confiscated the items.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You just had to answer "This site". Google and Google News showed nothing. Having a bad day, are you? Only able to make churlish comments?

The fact that two forum users quickly located the source and you didn't even make an effort speaks for itself.

Lately I went to Singapore and when I check in coming back to Thailand. There is a x-ray machine at the first check Point scanning my hand luggage. Two items over 100ml. 120ml and 150ml.  The staff politely explained to me and suggested me to get additional bottles to split my lotion so that I can get all my items pass through the check points. There is a shop selling those travel sized empty bottles in the airport if I not wrong. I know the regulation and I slipped off my mind. My mistake, I just told her to throw away the items as I could buy again at anywhere else. 

Whenever going abroad, I will also always remind my wife triple check belonging so that her perfume/favourite beauty stuff doesn't get thrown. 

We can be very frustrated with the staff but end of day, who should we blame? Look at ourselves first. 

The news stating the man is a lawyer. He should know very well about laws (rules and regulations) and why laws are needed for.

It's going to be a disaster when all Thais coming out to say Thai have no Thai heart when get caught breaking the laws.