Thai driver in lucky escape as she is nearly speared on the tollway!

rooster59

Thai driver in lucky escape as she is nearly speared on the tollway!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvNjIwLzMxMDMyNDYvenpjeHZiLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

A female Thai driver told Sanook that she had a lucky escape after a mysterious piece of metal went through her windshield and into the passenger side door.

Nucharat, 38, said she was on her way to work in Rangsit in her Nissan at 6.30 am. She had just got to the Don Meuang airport area when the object flew into her car.

She was driving in the central lane outbound and the object came from the inbound side of the tollway.

She said had she been driving in the left hand lane she could have been killed.

As it was she stopped on the hard shoulder, regained her composure and called insurance then reported to police.

She thought the piece of metal might have been part of a back extension on a pick-up.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-12

no doubt this has fallen from the back of a vehicle,           in thailand  i have seen countless hundreds of vehicles heavy laden / overloaded  with metal rods , building materials etc etc not properly secured and allways dread to think what would happen,   i hit the peddle and get past these types very quickly.

cops should impose very very stiff fines for over loaders and the like

There's someone out there who wants their steel rod back.. and is coming for her. Reminds me a bit of the one inch rule. Move your head to the left 1 inch and the bullet misses, to the right 1 inch and it goes through your forehead. Lucky lady.. 

1 hour ago, SouthernDelight said:

Why do you single out one particular country?

I you go to other forums Ukrainian Visa ,Bangladesh Visa,Scotland Visa, Norwegian Visa, France Visa , USA Visa, Timbuktu Visa , Canada Visa or Tibet Visa you can see my comments there, but not on Thai visa as that is reserved for comments on Thailand hence the the forum I posted is called THAILAND NEWS

We have highly regulated roads in North America but still various "junk, cargo, things" falls from trucks onto the roads. I recall a situation similar to this one where a pipe went directly through the chest of a motorcycle cop. 

Same all over the world no doubt. Certainly not unique to Thailand. 

36 minutes ago, neeray said:

We have highly regulated roads in North America but still various "junk, cargo, things" falls from trucks onto the roads. I recall a situation similar to this one where a pipe went directly through the chest of a motorcycle cop. 

Same all over the world no doubt. Certainly not unique to Thailand. 

Nope, but think negligent stupidity, Thailand will come to mind before the US.

7 hours ago, pumpjack said:

no doubt this has fallen from the back of a vehicle,           in thailand  i have seen countless hundreds of vehicles heavy laden / overloaded  with metal rods , building materials etc etc not properly secured and allways dread to think what would happen,   i hit the peddle and get past these types very quickly.

"No Doubt " wow so confident, so let's play the speculation game. Could this debris have  fallen from the boarding steps of an aircraft departing DM (for ten points correctly identify the airline), however what is not speculation is the drivers reactions (1) call the insurance and (2) call the police ! ! Now that's what I call public spirited, bugger everyone else, where is my money.

On 8/13/2017 at 0:29 PM, pumpjack said:

Indeed - it is in fact against the law to have an uncovered pickup or lorry on Thailands Expressways and Tollways.... 

However, I never see such vehicles prevented from passing a Toll Booth... Stiff fines would and effective policing would do so much more towards preventing avoidable and potentially catastrophic incidents.