Another newbie tourist visa question

Hi,

First, thanks for a great forum. My question: I am heading to Thailand soon to do some freelance work for a UK tour company. As I will be working part time only, the company are not providing me with a Thai work permit. I'll be travelling in and out of Thailand every few weeks (on a tourist visa), as most of my work will be in other SE Asian countries. How are Thai immigration likely to view this? I'm aware there's often a 6 month maximum on back-to-back tourist visas; will this still apply if there's a gap of a week or two between each entry into Thailand?

Many thanks in advance

Grumdk (UK citizen, age 36)

First: Ask the UK Tour company if they are aware that it's illegal to work without a work permit bin Thailand.!

There is no freelance work, special cases etc. Everybody of us farangs need work permit if you work. Period.

The Thai Immigration are goin' to ask you, and themselves: Why didn't this guy even got an Non-Immigrant Visa "B" to start the process with a work permit?

Do not work here without the right paperwork. The penalty is quite similar to overstay, or even worse:

Look for overstay at the Thiavisa website:

DO NOT WORK WITHOUT WORK PERMIT, OR OVERSTAY YOUR VISA!