After criticism, White House says Trump condemns KKK, neo-Nazis

webfact

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Freddie Royle is probably Tawan Dok Krateng Daeng, or Alan Deer, or perhaps another of his many guises??  One's banned, another surfaces.

as for apologies, Trump condemned ALL violence at the outset, but apparently that's not enough for the left??   I would have thought that condemning ALL sides for their parts would have been sufficient, but once again the left have hijacked the agenda, and there are no surprises there.

So help us all out here can you define who "all sides" are? Who precipitated the violence?

You are clever enough to know EXACTLY what Trump was doing. The chances are that it was the White Supremacist toe rag Steven Miller who wrote the Presidents speech.

I am not left, many on here are not left but despite being right of centre, I know a disgusting, lying SOB when I see one and it is irrelevant to me what party or political leanings he has.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, I note a trend in recent times, that those most opposed to Trump on TV are 'coming out' and announcing that they are of the right, apparently thinking that their new stated position lends some legitimacy to their vitriol.

I may not approve of what Trump is doing, but I find it nauseating that this tirade is ongoing, playing the man, just plain silly, when posting on a forum, essentially for matters Thai (I know, this is in World News), will have No effect on what he's doing.

I admire your tenacity, but I think it's foolish.

Incidentally I edited my post immediately before yours, so it doesn't appear in your quote, to say that photoshop can produce wonders.

I'm out for the day, too busy.

Edited by F4UCorsair

There is no difference from the act of terror perpetrated by this individual than the acts carried out in France and Britain involving vehicles. They are all Acts of Terrorism inspired by Racial and Religious bigotry. And as such should be viewed with the same disdain . 

52 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

<snip>

as for apologies, Trump condemned ALL violence at the outset, but apparently that's not enough for the left??   I would have thought that condemning ALL sides for their parts would have been sufficient, but once again the left have hijacked the agenda, and there are no surprises there.

Incidentally, photoshop can produce wonders.

One assumes you have not noted the media reports of a number of Republicans who have also condemned Trumps comments a few days ago, so criticism isn't only from those you define as being from the 'left'.

If you're alleging those committing violence have been removed from media reports , images have been doctored etc, please point to content backing up your allegations.

Edited by simple1

15 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Dont see any baseball bats in that link, are you sure you're not just making stuff up and seeing what you want to see?

15 hours ago, iReason said:

I see several in the crowd beating the implement of destruction with handles from their signs.

You don't see the guy smash a hole in the rear window with a baseball bat? Come on.

There was violence on both sides, that does not condone what happened.

But take to the streets in an armed angry mob and people are going to get hurt.

Edited by PattayaJames

The lesson that needs to be learned is that President Trump is President and the media is not and will never be! They tried hard to get Hillary elected but she lost because the American People want change. They have what they wanted. Less regulation, energy independence, more jobs, better economy, and lets not forget the outstanding stock market. Thank you Mr President! Lets Drain the Swamp & continue Making America Great Again. Thank God 7 1/2 more years!

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I think iReasons photo below shows quite clearly that violence was 'premeditated'!  Arriving in hard hats and carrying shields and metal pipes (later the shields were used for fighting, (if they were for decoration why were they not made of cardboard), and the metal 'flag poles' were turned into weapons. Now you question that the violence was premeditated :shock1:

Any half decent lawyer will put lots of these white supremacist thugs behind bars for a LONG time.

^^^^ FreddieRoyle thinks this is not premeditated intent on violence!

I don't know where FreddieRoyle has popped up from but I do believe Thai Visa now has it's own 'Unite the Right' White Supremacist.

Caroline O, in a pre Charlottesville article called it. Very prescient:

Rally attendees are also planning for counter-protesters and many seem to be looking for confrontation. Michael Hill, head of the neo-Confederate League of the South, is telling people to gear-up for confrontations with counter-protesters, while Timothy “Treadstone” Gionet, aka “Baked Alaska,” is hoping for a confrontation with anti-fascist protesters. Based on their Twitter posts, other rally attendees also appear to be planning for violence and confrontation Saturday.

https://medium.com/@RVAwonk/unite-the-right-rally-reflects-a-growing-threat-of-extremism-in-america-e94f57b61980

There was 1000+ police in Charlottesville on Saturday.  They had been planning and training for this event for months. According to and complaints from ANTIFA and White Nationalists. The police were either far from the main gathering or were standing nearby and just watching these two groups battle each other with zero intervention. The crowd size was estimated at 2000 to 6000.

Some reports coming out that the police were given stand down orders as well as orders to take no action or make arrests until told to do so. 

Trump yields to pressure, calls neo-Nazis and KKK criminals

By Scott Malone and Jeff Mason

tag-reuters.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump delivers a statement on the deadly protests in Charlottesville, at the White House in Washington, U.S. August 14, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va./WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump denounced neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan as criminals and thugs on Monday, bowing to mounting political pressure to condemn such groups explicitly after a white-nationalist rally turned deadly in Virginia.

Trump had been assailed from across the political spectrum for failing to respond more forcefully to Saturday's violence in Charlottesville. The head of one of the world's biggest drug companies quit a presidential business panel as a result, saying he was taking a stand against intolerance and extremism.

Critics slammed Trump for waiting too long to address the bloodshed, and for initially denouncing hatred and violence "on many sides," rather than singling out the white supremacists widely seen as instigating the melee.

Democrats said Trump's reaction belied a reluctance to alienate white nationalists and "alt-right" political activists who occupy a loyal segment of Trump's political base. Several senators from his own Republican Party had harsh words for him.

Some 48 hours into the biggest domestic challenge of his young presidency, Trump tried to correct course.

"Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans," the president said in a statement to reporters at the White House on Monday.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence," he said.

A 20-year-old man said to have harboured Nazi sympathies was arrested on charges of ploughing his car into protesters opposing the white nationalists, killing 32-year-old paralegal Heather Heyer and injuring 19 other people. The accused, James Fields, was denied bail at a court hearing on Monday.

Trump said anyone who engaged in criminal behaviour at the rally would face justice, the Republican president said.

"I wish that he would have said those same words on Saturday," responded Democratic Senator Mark Warner of Virginia on MSNBC. "I'm disappointed it took him a couple of days."

A group of local community leaders meeting in Charlottesville likewise said they were unimpressed by Trump's latest message.

“Why did it take criticism from his Republican buddies to move him ... to adjust the moral compass that he does not possess?” said Don Gathers, who serves as chairman for the city’s commission on monuments and memorials.

Trump lashed out at his critics again later on Monday on Twitter: "Made additional remarks on Charlottesville and realise once again that the #Fake News Media will never be satisfied...truly bad people!"

As the chorus of outrage over Virginia grew louder on Sunday, Trump stayed silent on the matter while at his golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey.

Early Monday, he took to Twitter - his preferred method of communication - to attack Democrats over trade deals and to endorse a political candidate in Alabama, but said nothing about white supremacists.

In a strong rebuke to Trump early on Monday, the black chief executive of Merck & Co Inc <MRK.N>, Kenneth Frazier, resigned from a business panel led by the president, saying expressions of hatred and bigotry must be rejected.

Trump quickly hit back on Twitter, but made no reference to Frazier's reasons for quitting the panel, instead revisiting a longstanding gripe about expensive medicines. Frazier would now have more time to focus on lowering "ripoff" drug prices, Trump tweeted.

GLOBAL REACTION

The jarring images of violence from Charlottesville and the heated public debate over racism resonated around the world, particularly in Europe where leaders are contending with a wave of xenophobia.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel told local broadcaster Phoenix on Monday that clear and forceful action must be taken to counter right-wing extremism, and that "we have quite a lot to do at home ourselves."

About 130 people demonstrated outside the U.S. Embassy in London, some with placards reading "Fascism is not to be debated, it is to be smashed," and "I am an ashamed American."

The United Nations said there must be no place in today's societies for the violent racism, anti-Semitism, xenophobia and discrimination on display in Charlottesville.

About 200 protesters assembled in front of the White House for a "Reject White Supremacy" rally, then marched to Trump's hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue nearby. In Manhattan, thousands of demonstrators stood outside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue shouting "No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA."

Saturday's disturbances broke out after white nationalists converged to protest at plans to remove a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. Such monuments are viewed today by many Americans as symbols of racism, because of the Confederate defence of slavery during the Civil War.

Asked on Monday whether one side was more responsible for the violence than another, Charlottesville police chief Al Thomas said: "This was an alt-right rally," - using the term to describe a loose grouping that rejects mainstream politics and includes neo-Nazis, white supremacists and anti-Semites.

Mounting anger over Trump's response to events in Charlottesville added to a litany of problems for the president.

His inflammatory rhetoric toward North Korea's nuclear ambitions rattled Americans and U.S. allies even as he publicly fumed at fellow Republicans in Congress over their failure to notch up any major legislative wins during his first six months in office.

The mother of the woman killed on Saturday welcomed Trump's latest comments. In a statement cited by NBC News, Susan Bro thanked him for what she called "those words of comfort and for denouncing those who promote violence and hatred."

Fields appeared in a Charlottesville court on Monday by video link from the jail where he was being held on a second-degree murder charge, three counts of malicious wounding and a single count of leaving the scene of a fatal accident. His next court date was set for Aug. 25.

Several students who attended high school with Fields in Kentucky described him as an angry young man who passionately espoused white supremacist ideology.

The U.S. Justice Department was pressing its own federal investigation of the incident as a hate crime.

Also on Monday, in what critics decried as an official endorsement of racism, Trump told Fox News he is considering pardoning Joe Arpaio, the former Arizona sheriff found guilty last month of criminal contempt for violating the terms of a 2011 court order in a racial profiling case.

Arpaio styled himself "America's toughest sheriff" for his tough treatment of inmates and crackdown on illegal immigrants.

(Reporting by Scott Malone in Charlottesville and Jeff Mason in Washington; Additional reporting by Brandon Shulleeta in Charlottesville, Susan Heavey, Timothy Ahmann and Mohammad Zargham in Washington, Bernie Woodall in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Emma Rumney in London and Michelle Martin in Berlin; Writing by Frances Kerry, Daniel Wallis and Steve Gorman; Editing by Bill Rigby and Mary Milliken)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-08-15

Freddie Royle is probably Tawan Dok Krateng Daeng, or Alan Deer, or perhaps another of his many guises??  One's banned, another surfaces.

While such a project for Welsh might appear purely speculative, the Trainspotting writer maintains an interest in Savile's dubious notoriety dating back to a story in his 1996 collection Ecstasy, titled Lorraine Goes to Livingston. It features a children's television presenter named Freddy Royle, dubbed Britain's "favourite caring, laconic uncle", who maintains an interest in necrophilia and child abuse via his charitable sponsorship of a local hospital. The character was widely assumed to be a reference to Savile 15 years before his crimes came to light.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/oct/01/james-mcavoy-jimmy-savile-irvine-welsh

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, RobFord said:
4 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Rob Ford, I think your blank response, intentional or not, is the best response to that kind of drivel.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Apple, tree.

Some 90 years ago Fred Trump, Donald's father, was arrested at KKK rally.

Evidently this what "Again" means in MAGA?

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/donald-trump-father-arrested-kkk-rally

trump_kkk.jpg

You can't be serious???   Surely not??

People are not responsible for the sins of their fathers, and it was almost 90 years ago!!!   Give me a break.

Progeny can't be assumed to take on the bad, nor good, of their parents, and to suggest so is no more than rubbish.

I guess we'll now see the much cliched idiom.....an apple doesn't fall far from the tree, etc??

Edited by F4UCorsair

7 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

You can't be serious???   Surely not??

People are not responsible for the sins of their fathers, and it was almost 90 years ago!!!   Give me a break.

Progeny can't be assumed to take on the bad, nor good, of their parents, and to suggest so is no more than rubbish.

I guess we'll now see the much cliched idiom.....an apple doesn't fall far from the tree, etc??

But it is Trump himself who claims he is smart because he comes from good genes. And it is the white supremacists he supports who claim that whites are superior to other races by virtue of being white, that is, because they of their genes. ?

MORE IMPORTANTLY, it is entirely possible that Trump LEARNED his racism from his powerful father. It would've been admirable if Trump had bucked his racist father's influence, but he didn't.

Edited by Thakkar

Case Name    United States v. Fred C. Trump, Donald Trump, and Trump Management, Inc.    FH-NY-0024
Docket / Court    73-1529 ( E.D.N.Y. )    Save Case
State/Territory    New York    
Case Type(s)    Fair Housing/Lending/Insurance
Attorney Organization    U.S. Dept. of Justice Civil Rights Division

Case Summary
This case was brought against Fred and Donald Trump, and their real estate company, in 1973 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. We are working to obtain the relevant documents. In the meantime, the facts in the summary are from an article by Michael Kranish and Robert ...

In October 1973, the Justice Department filed this civil rights case in federal court in Brooklyn against Fred Trump, Donald Trump, and their real estate company. The complaint alleged that the firm had committed systemic violations of the Fair Housing Act of 1968 in their many complexes--39 buildings, between them containing over 14,000 apartments. The allegations included evidence from black and white "testers" who had sought to rent apartments; the white testers were told of vacancies; the black testers were not, or were steered to apartment complexes with a higher proportion of racial minorities. The complaint also alleged that Trump employees had placed codes next to housing applicant names to indicate if they were black. 

The Trumps retained Roy Cohn, former aide to Senator Joseph McCarthy, to defend them; they counter-claimed against the government, seeking $100 million in damages for defamation.

https://www.clearinghouse.net/detail.php?id=15342

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Who's this David Duke guy?

"David Duke—bigot racist..."

Yeah but that's when Trump was trying to attract a different kind of voter. What does Trump really believe in? HIMSELF, his own interests and he's happy to support/denounce as necessary whoever he can use to achieve his own goal of personal enrichment and aggrandizement. His supporters, his lenders and people who think he's their friend are all, to him, schmucks and tools.

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

He loves denouncing people, especially women.

But he's oddly silent on Putin, Nazis and KKKers. Odd, or not?

Trump has criticized/attacked (a partial list only):

Entertainers

Journalists

A disabled journalist

Mexicans

Mexcio

Karl Rove

Kristen Stewart

Bernie Sanders

The Republican National Committee

James Comey

Univision

The Wall St Journal

The UN

Associated Press

ABC News

George W Bush

Michael Bloomberg

Alec Baldwin

Samuel L Jackson

The IRS

The cast of "Hamilton"

Germany, the country

FBI

Robert Mueller

Opinion polls

Fortune

Forbes

The EU

Fox News

The Des Moines Register

The DNC

China, the country

Paris, the city

Democrats

Republicans

NATO allies

Angela Merkel

Muslims

A gold star family

John McCain, for being captured in VN

Nordstrom

John Oliver

Vanity Fair

Neil Young

Women's marchers

Chicago, the city

NY Times

Snoop Dog

CNN

Microphones at the presidential debate

Saudi Arabia

New Jersey, the state

Washington Post

Lindsey Graham

Chuck Schumer

Nancy Pelosi

National Review

Iran

Obama

Jeff Sessions

T-Mobile

U.C. Berkeley 

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Judges

The Pope

The Mayor of London

Mitt Romney

Macy's the Dept Store

People Trump has failed to criticize/attack (the complete list):

Putin, America's major adversary

White Supremacist leader David Duke

Nazis

Before these PC words,  Trump let his supportive base he is so comfortable with,  speak for him ( nothing to do with Lee, nothing to do with slavery) : 

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”  

Did Trump make any comment ? 

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/12/16138358/charlottesville-protests-david-duke-kkk

" All of his( Trump's)  racist rants would have dropped him on the outskirts of the lunatic fringe if it hadn’t been for the way that a major political party had spent decades making white supremacy the Republican party’s drug of choice."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/13/america-white-supremacy-hooked-drug-charlottesville-virginia

Edited by Opl

4 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

You don't see the guy smash a hole in the rear window with a baseball bat? Come on.

Nope.

Apparently you do.

So, produce proof of your claim.

As far as confronting these racist, Neo-Nazi barbarians, that's what true patriots would and should do.

Just now, iReason said:

Nope.

Apparently you do.

So, produce proof of your claim.

As far as confronting these racist, Neo-Nazi barbarians, that's what true patriots would and should do.

So you condone violence from 'true patriots', but not others?  The Republicans would see themselves as true patriots too.   It's all a matter of perspective.

31 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Thats your and your kinds problem, you watch way to much corporate main stream media. The funny thing is you believe and trust every word they say and of course tell the complete and unbiased story.

Here is another story hot off the MSM press for your enjoyment. I am sure you will get so much joy.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/protesters-topple-confederate-statue-north-carolina-015515400.html

Edited by dcutman