VIDEO: Thai tourists shamed for trespassing in fragile thermal area at Yellowstone Park

webfact

15 hours ago, inThailand said:

Yup! He's seen that video posted on social media can make you a star or an idiot.

Na he will head for the cops and the computer crimes act as soon as he lands back at home, the cca means nothing outside the borders so never visit if you upset a local as they try and make a business out of this outrageous law and I for one know that, it failed on me so now I can smile,

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Mrjlh said:

The video is still available on You Tube even though it was reported to have been deleted.  Had the Park Ranger caught up with them each was subject to a $1,000US fine. so far there is no other news I could find.

Come on US do what you should do they would so you must

Was recently in a nice, quiet airport hotel in Japan for a short overnight and much needed rest before continuing my journey the next day. Perfect UNTIL a group of Thais checked in later that night. Woke me up, woke every guest up...shouting down the hall, laughing, slamming doors, more shouting and slamming and KNOCKING. TOTAL disregard for any others. ZERO common courtesy and ZERO hotel etiquette. 

I've said before (to the chagrin of others here) on other threads that just because people have money, does NOT make them "HiSo". Actions and behavior make people "HiSo".

On 8/15/2017 at 10:08 PM, bkkrooftop said:

I am not gonna lie. It was great seeing a thai person try to be aggressive but finding out that things work differently when your in a foreign country.  there wasnt his fellow thais to jump in with to beat the guy to a pulp and steal the camera. He seemed kinda lost when telling a farang what to do but it didnt work. 

Far from it!

Thais will behave outside their own country.

7 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Far from it!

Thais will behave outside their own country.

Not so true... The general behavior of Thai's visiting Japan has been targeted in the past.

Criticism of Thai's on social media reach such levels that the authorities became involved and started issuing 'do's and don'ts' advice to Thai tourists.... 

In a not to dissimilar way that Chinese tourists have become unpopular in Thailand, Thai tourists have fallen foul of similar levels of ignorance in their lack of attempts to follow local culture and comply with local traditions.

Unfortunately, no single group are above the rest when tourism is concerned... It always comes down to numbers, the higher the numbers the greater number of idiots there will be. In every group there are always a handful who ruin it for everyone, in this case it just so happens to be a Thai group, next week it will be another nationality or group of nationals doing something silly in another country.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:52 PM, Thian said:

How should they know there's no trespassing? I don't see a fence or anything, yeah a small log with a tiny sign...but i guess they missed that, not strange with such a minisign.

Also i think it's not fair to put their faces on youtube for this "huge" offence. If this hole in the ground is the holy grail for the USA they should place bigger signs and a real fence or at least a rope.

I'm sure when they entered it was stressed not to leave the path.  They understood basic English.  Should they put a beautiful 10 foot fence around it so idiots like you, that didn't listen or read the literature that was given to you, or look at the signs telling you not to leave the path, or wonder why nobody else is over there, so maybe look for a sign while you step over the barrier.  I'm sure the park that has millions of visitors didn't tell them what they could not do duh.  :clap2: I'm pretty sure that's not the main site at the park, but it gives us a clue about you, if you think so :mfr_closed1:

image.png.28c6fc4d921dcf9143cd239f1143371c.pngimage.png.28c6fc4d921dcf9143cd239f1143371c.png

47 minutes ago, Redline said:

I'm sure when they entered it was stressed not to leave the path.  They understood basic English.  Should they put a beautiful 10 foot fence around it so idiots like you, that didn't listen or read the literature that was given to you, or look at the signs telling you not to leave the path, or wonder why nobody else is over there, so maybe look for a sign while you step over the barrier.  I'm sure the park that has millions of visitors didn't tell them what they could not do duh.  :clap2: I'm pretty sure that's not the main site at the park, but it gives us a clue about you, if you think so :mfr_closed1:

image.png.28c6fc4d921dcf9143cd239f1143371c.pngimage.png.28c6fc4d921dcf9143cd239f1143371c.png

I have a better solution, i'll stay far away from the USA since i'm too stupid to see their tiny warningsigns.