Distilled Water Where To Obtain Based on Quality

cusanus

34 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

I'm quite surprised that people are responding - of course what on earth do you need this for?

Unfortunately your comments get more bizarre - relativity bunk? 

I think you have been taking too much of what you are planning to cook up. Some interesting, sometimes weird , fun, members here. But from your OP and comments - a total nut job . 

No sir, the thread was an answer to those wishing to find distilled water that is all. A total nut job because I find relativity not real science? I can provide a dozen well respected scientists who also thought so, including Louis Essen, the first to accurately measure the speed of light. And, once again, it's easy for a loser without any real credentials or achievements to insult a man. You are, however, in violation of the terms of agreement on Thaivisa for so doing. At the very least, tell us all what your credentials are in physics and psychiatry as well? Oh, that's what I thought,... but let me be civil enough not to shame you with the truth. 

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

So it's not only the climate scientists who are in a conspiracy. It's also virtually all physicists. We are in grave danger.

Who said anything about climate scientists? You're a physicist, then? Where did you get your degrees and where were you employed?

58 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

So it's not for any illicit purpose, but you would prefer not to disclose why you need it. Strange. Could it be you are trying to revisit cold fusion?

There's very little real science out there anymore because anti-science is well entrenched in the minds of most right-wing politicians - and they are in the ascendancy at present.

You then know what is real science and what is not, and why right wing politicians are the cause of the downfall of science? Enlighten me further. 

Looks like most of the insulting comments have been wisely deleted. Say you don't buy the theory of relativity and unleash a mass of angry flesh without any credentials in science or math and bent on tearing out your innards. How does one judge the human species? If anyone seriously wants to debate relativity (sans politics, insults and psychiatry), start a new thread. Restrict it to those with respectable credentials in science, begin with a sound statement of the first two postulates of relativity, then send me an invite.  Meanwhile, I've found at least one place where you can by high grade distilled water should you have a reason for it. 

1 hour ago, cusanus said:

Looks like most of the insulting comments have been wisely deleted. Say you don't buy the theory of relativity and unleash a mass of angry flesh without any credentials in science or math and bent on tearing out your innards. How does one judge the human species? If anyone seriously wants to debate relativity (sans politics, insults and psychiatry), start a new thread. Restrict it to those with respectable credentials in science, begin with a sound statement of the first two postulates of relativity, then send me an invite.  Meanwhile, I've found at least one place where you can by high grade distilled water should you have a reason for it. 

As a matter of interest, it just rained here. The instrument reads as follows (microsiemens): 
Tap water: 100 (off scale)
Home filtered tap water 56-76
Rainwater (collected in saucer fresh) 35
Pure 100% Distilled (Battery shop) 27 
Union Science 0.8

1 hour ago, cusanus said:

You then know what is real science and what is not, and why right wing politicians are the cause of the downfall of science? Enlighten me further. 

Well, Trump's fairly obvious, and his cronies. All with a vested interest in the fossil fuel industry. When you put a CEO from the oil industry in charge of your Department of the Environment, what would you expect?

In Australia, we have Tony Abbott, a former Prime Minister, who has declared " Coal is our future" when most nations on the planet are investing in renewable energy and shutting down coal-fired power stations.

Or take the CSIRO, our government-funded research body. Liberal ( read right-wing ) governments have been giving this valuable organisation the death of a thousand cuts for the last forty years. The most blatant example of pork-barrelling and waste occurred just recently when the pesticides/herbicides branch was transferred willy-nilly to a rural location to shore up the electoral position of a Deputy Prime Minister.

Real science IMHO are the laws of thermodynamics. It's a subject that's been dropped from many syllabuses because it's just too hard for many students. The climate change deniers find thermodynamics too hard as well.

My own field of expertise before I retired was analytical chemistry and process chemistry. Credentials are like a driving license - it says you are qualified to drive a car, it doesn't say how well you do it.

2 hours ago, cusanus said:

It's about where to find distilled water. 

A phenomena I notice a lot in Thailand. People looking for a particular thing or project search long and hard for a particular item or product only to find it in plain site at a shop or business that specializes in a certain craft or industry, that uses said item or product. 

So I can understand how you found distilled water at a laboratory supply shop or business. There is also probably a branch of the Bangkok based school supplies shop in Chiang Mai where they also sell odd chemicals and stuff for school science lessons, they probably have the same stuff. 

34 minutes ago, faraday said:

I must say Cusanus, I waiting to learn what you're going to do with your water.:smile:

The Distilled water, that is.:laugh:

Sorry, Faraday, but after testing the waters with a bit of Einsteinian bait, I find I'm swimming in a pool of piranha here. I'll have to bail now and tend to my adorable little Thai wife if I can still take the plunge at my age. Thanks for all the comments and for the great intellects who set me right on relativity. It's so clear to me now.  Who woulda thunk? :passifier:

7 hours ago, cusanus said:

Hitler's observation that if you repeat something often enough people will believe it

I do not believe that your "quote" can be attributed to Hitler! (and why did you quote him, of all people, in the first place if you wish to be taken seriously?)

William James is said to have asserted, "There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough people will believe it."

More ominous is the statement attributed to Joseph Goebbels: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

As is a quote ascribed to Vladimir Lenin: "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

And of course the basis of the above quotes are spread throughout the bible, especially in the new testament!

3 hours ago, cusanus said:

So what are your credentials in science?

On 8/16/2017 at 5:47 PM, ehs818 said:

That shop, Union Science, is a great find. They carry many hard to find items and their pricing is quite reasonable. I bought some Boron there for an ant problem and was thrilled to see how many other interesting products they carry there.

I've tried to solve ant problem with boron with jam and also with peanut butter but they won't consume it.... How do you use it??

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

I've tried to solve ant problem with boron with jam and also with peanut butter but they won't consume it.... How do you use it??

It's usually mixed with honey.

Boric acid is a lot more soluble in hot water than cold. Dissolve the boric acid first, then mix while hot with the honey, allow to cool. If it precipitates out in the honey, you've used too much.

5 hours ago, bazza73 said:

It's usually mixed with honey.

Boric acid is a lot more soluble in hot water than cold. Dissolve the boric acid first, then mix while hot with the honey, allow to cool. If it precipitates out in the honey, you've used too much.

Cool. Thanks. Will try again :)

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, cusanus said:

Thanks. Did consider all that, but have serious doubts about getting the quality needed. Even had to bug the clerks at Union Science to bring out the <2 microsiemen stuff and the price difference tells me that a DIY distiller wouldn't cut it. Now, for those asking WHY I need the high grade lab stuff, it's certainly not for any illicit purpose by any means, but would rather not steer the thread into that right now. Was considering broaching another issue about where to find a special herb, but again, it seems best not to mix it up that much. I simply wanted to contribute to the knowledge base at thaivisa and clarify to people the different options for getting distilled water and avoid making it too personal. Hope I've helped someone out there and thanks to all for your contributions as well. Do let me add, though, that pure distilled water isn't necessarily healthy, the body requires a good dose of certain minerals. 

My mind is boggled indeed. Not to say why invites all sorts of suppositions. Perhaps you answer why later in the thread.

Only reason I ever wanted distilled water was for the car battery, and rain water is ok for that.

In the hospital I'm sure we had that, so have you tried the local hospitals or laboratories?

My mind is boggled indeed. Not to say why invites all sorts of suppositions. Perhaps you answer why later in the thread.
Only reason I ever wanted distilled water was for the car battery, and rain water is ok for that.
In the hospital I'm sure we had that, so have you tried the local hospitals or laboratories?
OP posted about getting medicinal plants from Malaysia it's probably connected.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Archived