Good English Speaking Optometrist In Pattaya Needed

patsfangr

I have very poor eyesight. I'm over 20/200 in the right eye, and about 1/2 that in the left. I require bifocal lenses.

I recently had a minor accident at home, which resulted in some damage to both my right lense, and the frame. So I need new glasses soon, as I'm now wearing my previous prescription.

I'm from the USA, and my current glasses were made there. The options available for lenses in the USA are many. My lenses are "Transition" lenses; which means they gradually change to darken when you go out into sunlight, and revert to clear when you come out of the sunlight. They are also made of lightweight plastic materia, which greatly decreases the weight (important with my prescription), and increases the durability. I'd love to be able to find such lenses here, but, of course, that is not the highest priority.

The highest priority would be a very qualified optometrist, who speaks good English, and has state of the art equipement, to ensure that my prescription is properly identified.

The next step would be finding an optitian who can provide the best lense and frame options for me.

I saw an earlier thread on the subject, which included a recommendation for a Dr Maria at Euro Optic, opposite Mike's Mall.

Does anyone have additional recommendations, or further endorsement of Dr Maria?

All input will be appreciated.

George

My partner's specs are like yours. Prescription was done at Bumrungrad Hospital and specs were made at Siam Eye Clinic, 420/5-6 Siam Square in Bangkok. Tel: 02 251 9576 and 02 252 9474.

Nose piece on frames broke recently and repair was done at Siam Eye Clinic. Nobody in Pattaya could do it.

The card we have for Siam Eye Clinic is for Tuenjai Wongvorazathe, M.D., Eye Physician and Surgeon. Am sure Siam Eye Clinic can do the prescription as well as lenses and frames.

My humble advice is to stick with Dr. Maria from "Euro Optic".

Have noted this information and will certainly go see Euro. Great if they can supply lightweight frames and lightweight variable focus, photochromatic lens.

Perhaps OP will get back to us on where he got new specs.