Texas: Video of invasive search shows 'rape by cop', says lawyer

webfact

Texas: Video of invasive search shows 'rape by cop', says lawyer

The lawyer for a black woman in the US state of Texas has released a police video which he says shows that she was subjected to an invasive search that amounts to "rape by cop".

In 2015, Charnesia Corley, then 20 years old, had her vagina forcibly searched for drugs after being stopped by police, lawyer Samuel Cammack said.

Charges against two officers have been dropped. A federal lawsuit is ongoing.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40959693

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-08-18

no jokes to be cracked at all.
accusing someone without proof
abuse of power
racial profiling
indecent act in collusion with other officers (who did nothing to stop their colleague(s))
disrespectful and disgraceful treating  those that are to be protected and served.

and most interestingly, seemingly expecting to get away with it

Edited by KKr

This to me is the most mind boggling thing I have read in years....especially the horrible details. Supposedly they had the young woman naked from the waist down, her feet up around her ears, and she was held like this for eleven minutes while they searched her vagina for drugs....did they find any? Of course not. This is racism at its worst. Would the white cops have done this to a young white woman? I think her father would have been after them with a shotgun. Whatever way you look at this IMO this is a crime, a horrible nasty easily avoided crime. And of course it was in Texas.....nothing else to say on that one.

Having seen race relations in the US as low as in living memory, I am not surprised at this.   All the citizens of America have a role to play in turning the monster around, very sad to read about this atrocity. 

16 hours ago, Mansell said:

This to me is the most mind boggling thing I have read in years....especially the horrible details. Supposedly they had the young woman naked from the waist down, her feet up around her ears, and she was held like this for eleven minutes while they searched her vagina for drugs....did they find any? Of course not. This is racism at its worst. Would the white cops have done this to a young white woman? I think her father would have been after them with a shotgun. Whatever way you look at this IMO this is a crime, a horrible nasty easily avoided crime. And of course it was in Texas.....nothing else to say on that one.

Why wouldn't a young black woman's father be after them with a shotgun?