Beach cleanup finished, new vendor rules take effect

Rimmer

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

I cannot comprehend the insanity of giving vendors a larger 63 square metre plot (fair enough) but then telling them they cant erect umbrellas until a punter surfaces....in that case for the majority of my last trip at bottom soi 5 we'd have 2 umbrellas up for myself and the Italian guy who sits same concession looking complete pratts isolated under 1 umbrella......these people are utterly stupid they need to get over this face issue and employ some decent European or Australian consultants on how to run a beach for christ sake

if you want to employ / work with/ hang with/ have nanny state values then go back to that country. TIT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot comprehend the insanity of giving vendors a larger 63 square metre plot (fair enough) but then telling them they cant erect umbrellas until a punter surfaces....in that case for the majority of my last trip at bottom soi 5 we'd have 2 umbrellas up for myself and the Italian guy who sits same concession looking complete pratts isolated under 1 umbrella......these people are utterly stupid they need to get over this face issue and employ some decent European or Australian consultants on how to run a beach for christ sake

Why would they do that?  The Thai are already the smartest people in the world!  Just ask one.

Not very long The  lottery winners will sell their yearly lease to the highest bidder
Good point then the price of the chairs will go up. They have already started trying to charge me 80THB for one because I am by myself. I just keep walking to I find one for 40THB. It's so funny because they are all empty but hay that's Thai reverse business practices.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Rimmer said:

All vendors also will be subject to yearly draws to determine who gets to operate on public property, ending the monopoly “influential” families have held on the shoreline for decades.

That's the best part of it. Maybe some of the influential families have to leave the area.   . 

If I understand well vendor can get 63m2 of beach but not allowed to put umbrella's and chairs on it until a customer ask for it
does that mean I come early in the morning be first and only customer sitting on 63m2 sand ??  Will other non paying customers have free entrance or can the vendor send them away when they don't want anything to buy ?
Yeah that's a good point so can I lay down on a beach mat next to someones chair?

And the next customer will have to sit next to me on there chair?

Are they going to ask me if I am buying drinks before I sit down?

It's all nonsense

I am starting a poll to see how long it taked to get back to normal. Normal being chairs set out on the beach with umbrellas you choose one and sit down. I am not talking about the size of the patches. I am going to choose 17 days.

Sadly the grey unshaven bald fat singlet wearing flip flopped individual interested in only the bottom of an another Chang (believing their living the dream) would never lower themselves to hop off their bar stool and indulge in the beach and its colourful characters....
Well I am siting in a bar now with my flip flops and a chang. Slightly unshaven and going gray. I go to the beach at least 2 times a week. With my flip flops and chang beer. Also I wouldn't go far as to say I am living the dream but I am retired at 41 so that's not to bad .Whats so amazing about your life?

5 hours ago, gmac said:

........And the rest of us can see the beach and the ocean rather than 'two complete pratts' sitting amid 40 empty chairs and umbrellas.

Yeah, he walked right into that one didn't he??

Clueless simple as.....at least 45% to 50% of the beach didnt/doesn't have concessions on it anyway. Are you trying to suggest you cant see the beach or the sea by looking through the umbrellas that ARE there either ??  Perhaps some sort opticians would be beneficial for yourself......or perhaps your comment is because YOU need to sit in bars 24/7 and have no real interest in the beach in the first place

It's not a case of peering through the gap to see the beach its a case of the general view which is surprisingly pleasant when it's not obstructed by the dirty old umbrellas.  No I don't drink because I have to drive so it's not the bars for me, and I don't sit on the beach but I do like a walk along Beach Road and there is no doubt that it is a much more pleasant experience on the days when the umbrellas aren't there.

I don't want to stop people from sitting on the Beach under an umbrella but what is wrong with just putting up the umbrellas when people need them, rather than creating a daily eyesore of ranks of unused chairs and umbrellas.

Yes it is a lot better than it was with areas now left open but if they didn't leave the umbrellas out all the time to deteriorate in the sun maybe they wouldn't be in such a bad state.  

Don't jump all over me BUT, Charlie Beach on Koh Mook is cleaned every morning before the guests get up and it is wonderful. I know, it is a small beach but I counter that they have less people to do the cleaning therefore, more people for a bigger beach. I know this will never happen but it is fun to rant. One more thing to mention is in my hometown of Bislig City in the Philippines is virtually clean as a whistle as everyone cleans around their homes including the street.

Four Corners.jpg

Down our street.jpg

Towards Church.jpg

16 hours ago, jaywalker said:

They could always use boats to pump it south, like that retard suggested they do to relieve flooding a few years back.

You realize you could be subject to lese majeste charges for calling that guy a retard?

15 hours ago, juice777 said:

Well I am siting in a bar now with my flip flops and a chang. Slightly unshaven and going gray. I go to the beach at least 2 times a week. With my flip flops and chang beer. Also I wouldn't go far as to say I am living the dream but I am retired at 41 so that's not to bad .Whats so amazing about your life?

Oh well I suppose it's horses for courses.

Maybe if you hadn't retired at 41 and worked a bit longer - you could be sipping a rum punch contemplating the azure seas in the Caribbean.

Actually the beach is not that bad - late afternoon when the sun is going down can be really quite nice.  

On 8/18/2017 at 3:13 PM, Chivas said:

Only problem is that the European will bring in Muslims....

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Sounds like Voltaire was right when he said illusion was "the first of all pleasures".

My favorite view of Pattaya is from the beer garden near walking street at night. Lights shining on the water, with none of the warts visible.  LOL

On 18/08/2017 at 5:42 PM, gmac said:

It's not a case of peering through the gap to see the beach its a case of the general view which is surprisingly pleasant when it's not obstructed by the dirty old umbrellas.  No I don't drink because I have to drive so it's not the bars for me, and I don't sit on the beach but I do like a walk along Beach Road and there is no doubt that it is a much more pleasant experience on the days when the umbrellas aren't there.

I don't want to stop people from sitting on the Beach under an umbrella but what is wrong with just putting up the umbrellas when people need them, rather than creating a daily eyesore of ranks of unused chairs and umbrellas.

Yes it is a lot better than it was with areas now left open but if they didn't leave the umbrellas out all the time to deteriorate in the sun maybe they wouldn't be in such a bad state.  

My beef with the vendors is that they have been allowed or have hijacked what would be the best parts of the beach.

The parts under the trees are ruined even on the days they are not allowed because they tie their chairs etc to the trees.

Designate the most crappy parts of the beach where they can keep their crap and the people who want a chair and or table and brolly know where the can get them,and stick up a board with the hour/ day price.I could go on.

This is what Jomtien beach looked like, the day after the the city crew supposedly cleaned it - after no chairs for 2 days. Incidentally , the chair vendors do a better job of cleaning the beach on their own. They need to - in order to attract customers. 

And does anyone have any idea where all this trash is coming from in the first place ???

20170818_172451.jpg

20170818_172439.jpg

My favorite view of Pattaya is from the beer garden near walking street at night. Lights shining on the water, with none of the warts visible.  LOL

Read this clattering around in a Taxi.It read like Lights shitting on the water......,lets be real, we all know it wont stop until a few mega bucks go into Purification not Brown Envelopes..?[emoji383]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app